main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    From my understanding, the originally planned, but subsequently shelved Boba Fett movie was supposed to be a sequel of sorts to Solo. I'd like to see Disney take the idea and morph it into a Solo-esque TV show. Focused on his time working for Jabba. His interactions with Fett and Lando, and others. Show us how he became the best smuggler in the GFFA. Plus you wouldn't have to have Han be the focal point of every episode.

3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yes. But not following the events of the movie. That mention of a big job on Tatooine, sounds like it was the shipment drop that Han was talking about to Greedo at the Cantina. That job was just before ANH. Also, I am one of those fans who think Darth Maul should have stayed dead on Naboo. I just want to see a Solo mini-series on Disney+, with the further adventures of Han and Chewie (No Lando).

Twain and Sarge like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why no Lando?

5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I just want Alden Ehrenreich to get roles again.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Great idea! Billy Dee disagreed with some of the decisions they made for Lando in Solo, maybe they could consult him on the character and create a hybrid between the old and the new characterization.

Also, fully support those sentiments. Maybe some of George's "Star Wars underworld" scripts could be implemented into this potential show, too.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I recently asked Jordan Maison (The guy who first broke the scoop that Kenobi was gonna be a Disney+ show and that Ewan had signed. He's very reliable) about the recent rumors from StarWarsUnity and GWW that Disney is trying to sign Donald Glover up for a Solo Sequel Show and he had this to say.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Sarge and Erkan12 like this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    You think he's getting some Hayden Christensen treatment? He certainly wasn't as bad as Han as Hayden was as Anakin, but he wasn't very good either.

Compare how amazing someone like Óscar Isaac performs such a thinly written role like Poe; the actor makes it great even with very little to work with. In contrast, Alden didn't add much to an amazing character; he was barely present on screen, around much greater presences like Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke.

It is strange Alden hasn't been in anything since Solo. I assume he's been working on something?

9. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I thought Alden was fine in the role. Solo was actually my most rewatched Disney era movie; grows on me each time. Woody Harrelson and Donald Glover are great.

I just looked it up. Alden is gonna be the main character on the Peacock adaptation of Brave New World. It’s something, but he hasn’t done anything since Solo.

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Just being fine is the problem.

11. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    no one’s ever gonna live up to Harrison Ford. He pulled it off well

themoth and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope once we get this Lando disney show we get Alden back as Han for a reccuring role.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I’d even settle for one episode of Mandalorian.

14. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Han worked for Habba many times, the shipment drop was later on in years, right before ANH.

Remember there is probably around 15 years approximately between Solo and ANH?

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He “certainly” wasn’t very good either? Nonsense. Plenty of people thought he was excellent. I think the main issue is that lots of fans wanted him to be the same Han that we met in the OT, rather than a more naive, optimistic and less cynical Han. They didn’t like that he was “Lukified.” I understand that (though I disagree strongly with the criticism), but it has little to do with Alden’s acting. He acted the hell out of the character that was written. A great actor with a lot of presence.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed, as good as humanly possible. Harrison wasn’t there but his spirit was.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Alden was fantastic in the role. Give him a series where he can explore the character even more and we could be looking at something very special.

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. He was a really fun Han. I would absolutely watch a Han Solo series built around him. Hell, I’d be interested in seeing him play Indy.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Definitely agree. Even if he doesn't I'm glad he appeared in Solo. A great addition to the saga, and the Kessell Run met my expectations.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looking through the Art of Solo book, there is certainly enough potential & material for three movies or a series. The unused Dryden Vos jungle fortress base on Taanab I would've liked to have seen.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Sole ends 10 years before ANH.

But yeah, Han has worked for Jabba many times. The movie sets up the beginning of Han's career as a smuggler.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Could be as many as 20 years between Solo and ANH. Although it wasn't mentioned on film, it was common knowledge that Chewie was 200 years old in ANH, and in Solo he said he was 180.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s canon that Solo ends 10 years prior to A New Hope.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It was 190, actually.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You sure? I could've sworn I heard 180.