main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Outrage [OC challenge entry]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Title: Outrage
    Characters: Rey, Chewbacca, Female OC
    Era: After TROS
    Other: Stands on its own, but shares a universe with a Reylo AU that I currently have not written the first chapter of. (Expect this sentence to be edited at some point in the future.)

----------

At first she just stared at the dress in stunned silence. Her mother had to be kidding! When she finally reacted, it was explosive. "You expect me to wear that?" She uttered a fierce growl of outraged invective, then finished in Basic. "And I'm not going!"

Immediately, her mother's hand landed heavily on her shoulder, fingers digging in. "Leia Padmé Amidala Kenobi Organa Solo Skywalker! I don't care if most people wouldn't understand that, you watch your language! And yes, I do expect you to wear that dress, and yes, you are going."

Still gripping her daughter's shoulder tightly, Rey abruptly turned to address another being standing off to the side. "And you! Wipe that grin off your furry face. You're not helping."

//But her accent was almost perfect!//

Rey sighed, relaxing her grip. "That's great, Chewie. Now if only her vocabulary wasn't limited to swear words."

Still in a huff, Leia snatched up the dress. "Fine, I'll wear the stupid dress. But I decide what we do with my hair."

2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ah yes, the Refusal of the Cinnabons -- an optional yet sometimes vehement part of the hero's journey of at least half of all Skywalkers. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Ahh, swearing - the first thing you learn in about any language.

Also I wouldn't want to be that girl filling in any official forms where you had to put down your whole name - particularly if you also had to colour in those bubble things ;)

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Who said anything about Cinnabons? :p

Yup.

Yeah, she does have a pretty epic Full Name Of Doom.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This was fun! [face_laugh] A truly understandable moment of emotion on the part of LPAKOSS, especially if cinnabons were indeed involved along with what I'm guessing was a pretty exuberant dress. What fun to meet a new and long-named OC—I do like a good long-named OC—and to top it all off, what a wonderful and in-character cameo by good old :chewie:! Thank you so much for sharing this and for being part of the "Search Your Feelings" challenge! =D=

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I was trying to convey the impression of an over the top dress, without actually describing the dress. Apparently I was successful.

What can I say? A young teen being rebellious needs an Epic Full Name Of Doom. Though I suspect she usually goes by something much shorter.

I kind of wanted Ben to make an appearance in this too, but every time I tried to include him, he wound up stealing the show! I suppose he can't help it though. After all, he is a Skywalker.

You're welcome.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for making me laugh. That was very well needed.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    You're welcome.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Heh, I kinda got the impression that Chewie agreed with Leia Padme's opinion of the dress's appearance, since he didn't exactly disagree with or discourage her swearing about it. :p

Leia Padme definitely inherited her mother's passion and her paternal grandmother's fighting spirit. I can see how those would easily combine into her outrage. Great work!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    AzureAngel2, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe.

True on all counts. Also she's a Skywalker.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  12. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    wow--what a mouthful of a name [face_laugh][face_laugh] Teenagers and their rebellious ways...They complain about everything! Great little story you got here and a great response to the challenge.

AzureAngel2, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  13. hitokiri-black

hitokiri-black Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    Oddly enough, this reminds me of something Fisher said to Daisy about fighting for the style of her outfit. There is no doubt in my mind that Rey is a much better judge of appropriate clothing then Lucas himself. Glad to see Rey and her daughter together. And I love how long the daughter's name is, a perfect call back to many of our own childhood memories of being called by our 'whole names'.

Chewie is always a riot as well.

AzureAngel2, gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Epic Full Name Of Doom

AzureAngel2, gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That name alone made me laught. :)
    Nice story, could see really see Chewie being amused at a situation like this. Also the girl defenetly got the temper that runs in the family. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    What can I say? She's a Skywalker.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And those have an extremely short fuse and the temper of a bad bantha?!?

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Well, to be perfectly fair, she is also a teenager, which probably also has something to do with it.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And this is exactly why I returned to kindergarten teaching in Germany after 6 years with teenagers in the Netherlands. (Plus no more discrimination for being German here in Germany... [face_laugh].)