main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Your top 10 moments from the Skywalker Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Giovs, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Hello everyone, sorry if a thread like this one already exist, I've searched but didn't find any.
    I was watching this video from Star Wars Explained:

While I was watching I started thinking about MY favorite moments from the saga, and I wanted to share them with you, and also learn what are your top 10 moments. Remember, movies only, Ep I - IX. So, here we go:

1- Vader's redemption (Ep VI)
    2- You were the chosen one! (Ep III)
    3 - Vader vs. Luke (Ep V)
    4 - Han and Chewie back in the Falcon (Ep VII)
    5 - Binary Sunset (Ep IV)
    6 - Han gets Frozen in Carbonite (Ep V)
    7 - Luke and Leia/ Luke's Force Projection (Ep VIII)
    8 - Snoke's Death and Throne Room fight (Ep VIII)
    9 - Order 66 (Ep III)
    10 - Medal Cerimony (Ep IV)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Kelvan Adamante

Kelvan Adamante Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    As I first watched the trilogies in the order of 1 - 9 and I particularly value the Clone Wars, my rankings are probably a bit different from the guys who grew up with the OT.
    1. EP3 Execution of Order 66.
    Absolutely heart-wrenching and more tragic over time. And it always leaves me in deep thought.
    2. EP3 " - You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!" " - I HATE YOU!!!"
    Absolutely heart-wrenching and more tragic over time.
    3. EP6 Vader's final words with Luke and his unite with Obi-Wan and Yoda in the Force.
    Absolutely heart-warming and it always will be.
    4. EP2 Anakin marries Padme with Across the Stars playing in the background
    No words can describe the mixed feelings one will react after seeing the entire saga plus the Clone Wars and everything else.
    Just let Across the Stars do the job.
    5. EP3 Padme's funeral. Her dead body still holding Anakin's little gift for her at their first encounter.
    Absolutely heart-wrenching and more tragic over time.
    6. EP5 "I am your father."
    The best plot twist I've ever seen. The very beginning of Vader's redemption.
    7. EP4 Obi-Wan's final duel with Vader and the later "Run, Luke. Run!"
    It was a moment of despair for Luke; but hope never dies.
    8. EP4 Burnt skeletons of the Lars family
    An appalling and shocking scene.
    9. EP9 Voices of the Jedi wakening Rey from coma
    10. EP7 Luke turns around to meet Rey

Honorable mentions:

1. EP4 Arbitrary killings in the Mos Eisley cantina.
    It shows how brutal, twisted and dark the Star Wars universe actually is.
    2. EP3 Anakin staring at the crimson Coruscant eventide with a drop of tear streaming down his face.
    The scene... the lighting... beautiful.
    3. Obi-Wan hands baby Luke to the Lars and leaves under the setting twin suns.
    4. Every time Luke gets intimate with Leia, leaving Han jealous; or every time Han gets intimate with Leia, leaving Luke jealous.

Isn't it such a fun scene? They were undoubtedly one of the best trios!

Non Skywalker Trilogies Honorable mentions in no particular order:
    1. TCW 520 Ahsoka leaves
    2. Rebels 320 Maul's final words
    3. TCW 516 Satine dies in Obi-Wan's arms
    4. Rogue One Jedha City is destroyed
    5. Rogue One Vader ignites his lightsaber in the dark and obliterating Rebel soldiers with ease.
    6. TCW 613 Concluding words of Yoda: "No longer certain I am, that one ever does win a war. ..."
    7. TCW 604 Fives' last words
    8. Rebels 410 Kanan dies in saving Hera
    9. TCW 410 Rex discovers Krell's plot as Boil dies with a painting of Numa on his helmet
    10. Rebels 222 Ahsoka's duel with Vader
    11. TCW 101 Yoda talking to each Clone individual
    12. TCW 418 Anakin throws fury at Obi-Wan for his deception: "You lied to me. How many other lies have I been told by the Council? And how do you know that you have the whole truth?"

3. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    It's actually very cool to see how different your top 10 moments are since you've watched the Prequel first. I grew up with the OT, played with the Power of the Force Kenner toys and all that nostalgic stuff, so most of ny favorite moments are from the OT. The "Han and Chewie back in the Falcon" moment is in my list mostly because I never imagined I would see Harrison Ford playing Han again, so that scene was really emotional for me the first time I saw it. But I do love the Prequels, specially Episode 3. And yes, both Clone Wars and Rebels are amazing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    1. Second duel between Luke and Vader (ROTJ)
    2. First duel between Luke and Vader (TESB)
    3. Order 66 (ROTS)
    4. Death Star trenches (ANH)
    5. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan/Yoda vs. Sidious (ROTS)
    6. Battle of Geonosis (AOTC)
    7. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul (TPM)
    8. Young Anakin and Padme in Queen's ship (TPM)
    9. Victory celebration (ROTJ)
    10. Escape from Death Star (ANH)

5. Solister

Solister Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2019
    10. Rey and the Jedi - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
    Though many people may not seem to have liked Episode IX, I personally enjoyed it a lot. And this one in specific is very memorable. When all the Star Wars saga got connected, from Qui-Gon Jinn to Rey, really a heart-touching moment. I would mention Palpatine return, but all the controversy around it made me decided it doesn't deserve a place here.

9. "Only begun, this Clone War has" - Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    This one is very connected with, at least, two other points on the list. When the Jedi really start losing the battle against the Sith in the Prequels, so nothing "better" than Yoda declaring it.

8. "That lightsaber was Luke's, and his father's before him, and now, it calls to you" - Episode VII - The Force Awakens
    A good quote from a terribly planned trilogy. When Maz Kanata reveals Rey's connection with the Skywalkers and all the saga principle, this could be a way important moment in the final streak of the saga, but in the end, it didn't have all the potential it had.

7. Duel of Fates - Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    An amazing soundtrack along with what many consider the best Lightsaber battle in the franchise. When Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi fights Darth Maul, a battle which brings some important facts in the saga such that two Jedi were almost not enough for a sith, Qui-Gon Jinn death and the (supposed) Darth Maul death and indirectly, Obi-Wan advance to master and basically, the initial development of the Skywalker saga.

6. "Chewie, we're home" - Episode VII - The Force Awakens
    Nothing better than a reunite with old friends. And that's the feeling Han gives in the first OT character appearance in the Sequels. I don't think I need to say anything more, do I?

5. Rogue One End - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    The next half of the list you'll notice things get to embracing, this because there's a lot of moments that connect themselves, so I decide to mention the whole thing. And so on is what finishes my favorite movie. Mostly with Leia receiving the Death Star plans, but also when Darth Vader appears, the Rebel despair and what leads to the start of A New Hope. Indirectly, Jyn's and Cassian's final moments does put a tear in my eyes.

4. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    How a battle between two best friends which leads to the construction of one (if not the) biggest villains ever can't be memorable? This point does not only shows the tense moments between Obi-Wan and Anakin but as well as how they made a shocking moment even with everyone knowing Anakin's faith.

3. "Execute Order 66" - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    And so on, "Execute Order 66" showed the transition of the glorious republic to the dark reign of the Empire. Basically just the scene precedent from the fight. I had watched Episode III when I was very young but definitely didn't remember and wasn't expecting this scene when I was watching again and must say it was a very sad/shocking scene. Again, in ROTS they made a known story still being shocking.

2. "No, I am your father" - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Does it need any description? Basically the most awaited moment when everyone starts watching TESB. The scene by itself gives goosebumps but things get even more interesting when you know the making of. A classic!

1. "Binary Sunset" - Episode IV: A New Hope
    Want to put a Star Wars fan in tears? Make a two sunset and an incredible soundtrack in the background. Basically where everything began for Luke as well how everything ended on Episode IX. A really heart touching moment and music.

Honorable Mentions:

11. "Taking One Last Look Sir, at my Friends" (Trailer, at least) - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
    Possibly the most discussed moment from TROS trailer. Yeah, the scene was way more shocking on the trailer than on the movie. We all were afraid to lose our yellow droid, it ended it was a very "meh" scene in the movie. Still, I'm better with this than knowing C-3PO wouldn't survive the end of the saga.

12. The Kids - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
    As point 8, another very prominent Sequel moment that didn't get used as it could. I personally hated TLJ, though as a SW fan, I must admit this scene was special. I really would love to see the "Kid version" of Star Wars, or at least the ones who'll bring up the next generation of the saga.

13. The Skywalker Family - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    I last minute added this one as I was heavy conscience on not adding a ROTJ scene. And so, I quite forgot how touching is when Luke reveals to Leia they are brothers. Later, it also what gets into Vader's redemption and Emperor's defeat later in the movie.

14. Jedi Trick/Death Sticks - Episode IV: A New Hope/Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    The last point is just a joke to break the dark tone of the series. I think we all must admit we loved Obi-Wan trick on the Storm Trooper on Tatooine which let Luke even more interested in the force. Then, once again, Obi-Wan uses the same trick on the start of Episode II. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard on a Star Wars scene than that one. AotC has a lot of defects, but I must admit it had a good comedy scene (Even if the scene doesn't long more than 15 seconds).

CampOfSorgan and Giovs like this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    To make it easier for me, I've only included moments from the saga (episdoes 1-9). So no spin-offs or TV shows.

1. Rey vs. Palpatine / Battle of Exegol (Episode IX)

[​IMG]

Wow! I can't imagine a more thrilling and emotional way to end the beloved Skywalker saga. After Kylo's beautiful turn to the light side, it was satisfying to see him team up with Rey to take on the all-powerful Emperor. Then we get to hear the voices of all the Jedi that we got to know and love throughout the course of the saga and spin-offs, come together to help Rey. They were brilliant cameos. Then the line "And I... am all the Jedi" followed by the clash of her sabers defecting Palpatine's Force lightning back at him, destroying him once and for all. I had tears rolling down my face at how perfect it all was.

How do you make this final showdown even better? Have the most epic space battle in Star Wars history going on overhead! The sheer scale of it was breathtaking. The enormous Sith fleet with flashes of lightning revealing their numbers looked absolutely stunning. And then of course the classic theme starts playing as Lando arrives with the biggest hero fleet we've ever seen. "But there are more of us... There are more of us." That made me cry too. It was perfect!

2. Battle of Crait (Episode VIII)

[​IMG]

The sequel trilogy gave us some of the most stunning action sequences in film history. Crait was a beautifully designed white salt planet, and when the skimmers touched the ground revealing the red crystals, my eyes lit up. It was like a work of art. Then the Millennium Falcon arrives and gives us the most thrilling 60 seconds in the entire film. As all the TIE fighters chase after it ("Oh, they hate that ship!"), it enters the crystal caves and the classic Falcon theme starts playing. The new gigantic First Order walkers looked amazing as well.

3. Escape from Jakku (Episode VII)

[​IMG]

This was the first time we'd seen the Millennium Falcon in action in over 30 years, and it was such an epic sight. With the advancements in technology, we were able to see the Falcon like we'd never seen it before. It was such a fun sequence.

4. Throne room showdown / Destruction of Snoke's fleet (Episode VIII)

[​IMG]

I loved Snoke's character, but I really liked the bold move like pulled of having Kylo kill him off midway through the trilogy. We then got an amazing team-up between Rey and Kylo to fight off the Praetorian Guards. The whole fight sequence looked stunning, from the choreography, to the visuals and set design.

But that wasn't the best part. That was when Holdo jumped into hyperspace and tore through Snoke's fleet. Apart from looking amazing, I love that the film went completely silent. I could hear everyone in the cinema gasping, along with myself.

5. Death Star escape (Episode IV)

[​IMG]

This is classic Star Wars fun. The chemistry between Luke, Han and Leia is unbeatable. They're just such a joy to watch work and bicker with each other. It's during the Death Star escape that you get to see them all at their most iconic. I also love the part so much where Han chases the stormtroopers down the hallway and runs into a room full of them, then runs straight back where he came from. That never gets old.

Han and Luke taking down the TIE fighters as the final step to escape is also super fun to watch. Plus we get that amazing score from John Williams playing over the top.

6. Duel of the Fates (Episode I)

[​IMG]

This was definitely the best part of The Phantom Menace. That film may be unpopular among many Star Wars fans (not me, I loved it), but they all agree that this duel was epic. Everything was done so well; the fight choreography was the best we'd seen up until that point in the saga, the soundtrack was absolutely incredible and remains one of the best pieces to this day, the emotion was definitely there as well.

7. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (Episode V)

[​IMG]

Extremely iconic with one of the most famous scenes in cinema history; "No. I am your father." The whole duel is full of emotion, and you feel every second of it. The choreography also had a huge step up from Obi-Wan vs. Vader in A New Hope. Plus the cinematography during this duel is quite stunning, and I love the use of silhouettes.

8. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievous (Episode III)

[​IMG]

"Hello there!" This sequence has a surprisingly big amount of nostalgia for me, because it's my first memory of Star Wars. I saw it on TV one day many years ago, and decided to go back and watch all the films. The duel is awesome. Grievous is a cyborg with four freaking lightsabers! It's crazy, but it's so much fun.

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker (Episode III)

[​IMG]

There were many emotional duels in the saga, but this tops them all. Anakin's turn to the dark side was completely tragic, but then he had to fight his former master, Obi-Wan. After seeing their relationship grow over the course of the trilogy, it was horrible to see them trying to kill each other, but it made for one amazing and memorable sequence. The score also shines during this.

10. Battle of Yavin (Episode IV)

[​IMG]

I can't believe how well A New Hope still holds up today. It still looks stunning, and a great example is the Battle of Yavin. It's fast-paced and thrilling, plus it's the first space battle we ever got to see in Star Wars. I love the trench run, especially with the use of first-person camera shots. Luke shutting of his targeting system and using the Force to destroy the Death Star is such a great scene.

Honourable mentions:
    (The list is unlimited, but here's a few great ones.)

Luke Skywalker vs. Kylo Ren (Episode VIII)
    Luke Sywalker vs. Darth Vader (Episode VI)
    Battle over D'Qar (Episode VIII)
    Battle of Geonosis (Episode II)
    Battle of Hoth (Episode V)
    Podracing (Episode I)
    Kylo Ren's turn to the light side (Episode IX)
    Luke Skywalker's Force ghost helps Rey (Episode IX)

7. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    In no particular order:

. Qui-Gon sticks a lightsbaber in the door. "They are still coming through!". When the music kicks in, good lord. Finally, we see the Jedi Knights we heard about it in Obi-Wan's stories.
    [​IMG]

2. Podracing
    [​IMG]

3. Obi-Wan vs Maul. After Qui-Gon's death, the music, no dialog, and then just the most amazing choreography when Obi-Wan attacks Maul. The lightsaber behind the back being the moment that just blew my mind.
    [​IMG]

4. "You were my brother Anakin" , "I hate you!"
    [​IMG]

5. "No, I am your father"
    [​IMG]

6. Luke popping out his green lightsaber for the first time.
    [​IMG]

7. Speederbike chase on Endor
    [​IMG]

8. Luke vs Vader round 2 / Vader unmasked
    [​IMG]

9. Death of Snoke / Rey & Kylo teamup
    [​IMG]

10. The reveal of Luke floating on Ach-To.
    [​IMG]

Runners Up:

Finn and Poe escape the FO -
    The moment where I realized Star Wars is back, with an energy we haven't seen since the OT
    [​IMG]

Rey force lighting / "Death" of Chewy
    [​IMG]

"Dad", "I know"
    [​IMG]

8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    In my opinion, this was the best scene in The Rise of Skywalker. I was hoping for a Han cameo going into the movie, and at least in that aspect the movie did not disappoint me, this scene is gold.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If we were doing a top 10 for most emotional or impactful scenes, this would be #1. Absolutely beautiful scene.

DarthEndus, christophero30 and Giovs like this.
  10. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    1. Padme's Ruminations (Episode III): The galaxy was forever changed in this moment.
    2. Luke vs. Vader (Episode VI): Everything that happens in the Emperors throne is legendary. The fight, redemption, ect.
    3. Anakin vs. Obi Wan (Episode III): Best lightsaber duel in the saga, and very emotional.
    4. Rey and Ben Final Force Bond (Episode IX): The galaxy was once again forever changed, but for the better. Magical scene.
    5. I am your father (Episode V): Legendary reveal
    6. Rey/Kylo vs. Patorian Guards (Episode VIII): Amazing scene with Snoke's death, and a great fight.
    7. Yoda vs. Palpatine (Episode III): Epic
    8. Luke blows up Death Star (Episode IV): Farmboy becomes a hero!
    9. Luke vs. Kylo Ren (Episode VIII): Incredible scene with a dramatic twist.
    10. Anakin riding speeder on Tatooine (Episode II): Epic shot/score. The beginning of the end for young Skywalker.

11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    So hard to limit myself to ten favorite moments from the main saga films and then to rank them, but I'll give it a shot. Here's my ranking (or at least today's rankings--rankings are always subject to change without notice so read the fine print):

1. Anakin and Obi-Wan's duel on Mustafar. This always feels like such a titanic, charged confrontation to me, and I'm always a mess of tears by the end of it. Anakin's "I hate you!" and Obi-Wan's "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you" break my heart every time.

2. The celebration scene on Endor with Luke seeing the Force Ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda standing together. There is such a sense of peace and joy in that moment. Peace between the Force Ghosts and joy among the living. What a beautiful, transcendent moment.

3. Vader revealing to Luke that he is his father and Obi-Wan has lied to him on Bespin. Luke has to face a horrible truth that he is the son of this figure of to him ultimate evil and the fact that someone he respected and trusted in a sense lied to him.

4. Shmi's advice to Anakin that he can't stop the change any more than he can stop the suns from setting and then her farewell to him when she tells him not to look back. Heartbreaking and tragic in the sense that if Anakin had been able to follow Shmi's wise advice he might never have fallen to the Dark Side.

5. When Padme and Anakin are reunited on Coruscant and Padme reveals that she is pregnant. The mix of joy and fear for the future in that scene is so moving to me.

6. Luke and Leia in the forest on Endor when Leia urges Luke not to go after Vader, Luke shares with her that they are siblings, and Leia shares with him the memories of her mother. So much emotion in one conversation.

7. Obi-Wan's stories to Luke about the Jedi, the Golden Age of the Old Republic, and Anakin Skywalker in the hut on Tatooine. Also when Obi-Wan gives Luke his father's lightsaber. There is so much of a sense of myth made personal, memory, and loss in their interactions. Just marvelous stuff that could pull almost anyone into the worldbuilding of the Star Wars universe and into the drama of the Skywalker saga.

8. Shmi's death with Anakin cradling her and her reaching up to stroke his cheek. Powerful and the moment where Anakin first gives into the Dark Side in a big way. A character defining moment for Anakin that really ends up sending him down a dark path but also tragically relatable in the human emotion of grief and how difficult it is to deal with loss.

9. Around Qui-Gon's funeral pyre, when Anakin asks Obi-Wan what'll happen to him now and Obi-Wan says he's Anakin's Master now and promises that Anakin will become a Jedi. There is something very tragic and fateful feeling about this moment, but it also is beautiful to me in the sense that it feels like these two characters are really connecting on a deeper level of understanding for the first time. Their stories are going to become so tangled up in one another that it just had a big gut-punch impact on me from the first time I saw it.

10. When Han and Leia say good-bye for the last time. Leia's "You know, no matter how much we fought, I've always hated watching you leave" captured the essence of their relationship really well for me.

Honorable Mention: Yoda's line in TPM about fear leading to anger, anger leading to hate, and hate leading to suffering could really sum up the whole Skywalker saga in a nutshell.

12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    1. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (Episode III)

The climax of a lifetime. Almost 30 years in the making, as brother and brother fight to the death. The choreography is almost superhuman as Hayden and Ewan pushed themselves to the limit, the environments becoming more hostile as the lava becomes a bigger factor in their fight, the epic music, the heartbreaking monologue from Obi-Wan, and the genius of Lucas's worldbuilding to make Mustafar look like hell truly makes this duel look like a clash of titans.

2. Anakin and Obi-Wan Rescue The Chancellor (Episode III)

Basically as @darkspine10 put it, this is a proto-TCW episode in live action. Anakin and Obi-Wan's banter is A1 here. The lightsaber duel between Anakin and Dooku is not only subvervise in a duel only 12 minutes into a SW film, but is entertaining in its own right. And them landing the ship is some swashbuckling adventure fun. Truly the best opening in all of SW.

3. Battle of Geonosis (Episode II)

The Clone Wars's first battle is a SW battle that is full of jaw dropping moments. Jedi vs Droids and Geonosians, the arrival of Clone Troopers, shooting down Separatist ships, Jango Fett, Nute Gunray dropping hilarious lines, Mace Windu, Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku, Padme kicking a giant space tiger, Yoda drawing his lightsaber. Damn. While not impossible to top, none of the films have had a battle depicted well on this scale.

4. Anakin/Obi-Wan Chase Zam (Episode II)

This might be my favorite individual moment in AOTC. We finally get to see Anakin/Obi-Wan on a Jedi cops adventure lmao. Coruscant's world is finally explored in detail from the shady nightclub, to the high-rise apartments. The chase is full of great sarcastic banter and a clearly inexperienced Anakin wrestling with a "been there, done that" Obi-Wan. Lots of fun and classic moments. "Wanna buy some deathsticks?" Also, Anakin saying, "Jedi business. Go back to your drinks" is badass.

5. Goodbye, Old Friend (Episode III)

The final interaction between Anakin and Obi-Wan as friends is so subdued for this moment. A underrated character development scene that finally shows Anakin accepting his own faults and Obi-Wan giving him the praise that Anakin always wanted. This scene shows a major development in their complicated relationship and it creates a major "what if?" if they were able to reunite as friends again.

6. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul (Episode I)

The lore-shattering fight that changed the way we saw lightsabers forever. The adrenaline, the choreography, the environments. This is the ESB duel on steroids. The tension of Obi-Wan watching helplessly as Qui-Gon is killed, and Obi-Wan's rage kicks in. The duel becomes an incredible display of speed and prowess. And Obi-Wan using Qui-Gon's blade to strike down the first Sith in a 1000 years is a beautiful moment.

7. Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker (Episode V)

Ugh. The lighting, the eerie echo of Vader's breathing, standing as a shadow silhouette is iconic. You truly feel Luke's fear. The choreography is very good for 1980 and the escalation of the duel is epic. A great action scene and the blueprint for some of the best lightsaber fights to come later.

8. Anakin's Funeral and Spirit (Episode VI 2004 Edition)

After witnessing Anakin's story, seeing his funeral as Luke watches is a truly powerful moment. The montage of all the planets celebrating the fall of the Empire brings warm feelings to my heart. And seeing Anakin as the young Jedi Knight next to Obi-Wan and Yoda while Luke smiles is truly the definitive end to this saga in my eyes.

9. Luke on Crait

While losing points for being a projection, one can't deny the epic shot of Luke standing while dozens of walkers aim at him. The whole set up is phenomenal and Luke and Kylo's "duel" is admittedly entertaining. Gives a sneak peak of what Luke could have been in the ST.

10. Padme's Ruminations

SW truly turns into a art film in this moment. The haunting score, symbolic sunset, isolation of Anakin and Padme, as the two star-crossed lovers literally sense one another from afar. Anakin's tear gives so much character in a scene with no dialogue and its made even worse when this is the last time Padme will see/feel Anakin as Anakin.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  13. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Here we go.

1. Luke giving Vader a traditional Jedi funeral in ROTJ. I just love how complete and bitter sweet it is.

2. The whole Luke and Vader conversation on the catwalk in ROTJ. In particularly I love the shot of Vader leaning on the railing as you can tell exactly how conflicted he is despite the fact you can't see his face.

3. Luke looking out wishfully to the twin suns in ANH.

4. Vader making his decision to save Luke and kill the Emperor in ROTJ, without that obnoxious added No line of course.

5. The final scene in ROTS where Kenobi is delivering Luke to Owen and Beru.

6. The whole Luke and Vader duel in Cloud City at end of ESB.

7. The Vader massacre scene in Rogue One.

8. Order 66

9. The Jango Fett and Kenobi fight on Kamino in AOTC.

10. Duel of Fates

14. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I’ll do my favorite from each episode

1.The Darth Maul duel

2.The arena battle

3.Order 66/The duel with Obi Wan

4.Obi WANs sacrifice

5.I am your father

6.Anakins death

7.The end fight scene or Han Solos death
    8.The Luke scene at the end

9.Im not gonna spoil anything

Rouge one:The sad part where all the heroes died

Solo:The Maul reveal

Rebels:When Lothal was liberated or when Ahsoka was saved

Clone Wars:I haven’t decided yet.

Giovs likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So one from each movie then one extra? Here we go:

Luke hearing Obi-Wan’s voice then turning off his nav computer before blowing up the Death Star.

“I am your father.”

Vader leaning over the railing after Luke said “then my father is truly dead” and was escorted away. I could almost see the regret and pain on Vader’s face even through the mask.

“Luke, help me take this mask off. Just once I want to see you with my own eyes.” Yep, ROTJ gets the bonus moment because this scene changed me from a casual Star Wars fan to a hard core one.

Qui-Gon with his dying breath asking Obi-Wan to train Anakin.

The creepy-as-**** scene with the army of clones marching and Palpatine looking smug while Bail Organa pounds a fist to the railing.

Padme telling Anakin that she is pregnant, and Anakin’s “this is the happiest moment of my life” reaction.

Finn telling Rey that she looked at him like no one else has.

Luke’s Crait speech.

Han’s ghost/ memory having a conversation with his son. “Dad...”. “I know.”

16. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    10) Padme's moment of dread before confronting Anakin [​IMG]

9) Maul arriving on Tatooine [​IMG]

8) Obi Wan's pensive moment after leaving Luke with aunt Beru
    [​IMG]

7) Luke hanging beneath Bespin
    [​IMG]

6) Bespin flying sequence
    [​IMG]

5) Leia's hopefulness aboard medical frigate
    [​IMG]

4) Yoda's intensity as he raises Luke's X-Wing (and a favorite musical moment as well)
    [​IMG]

3) Empire End Title sequence
    [​IMG]

2) Vader's turn to the light
    [​IMG]

1) Binary sunset
    [​IMG]

17. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Hmm, that's a toughy. Ten moments out of nine films. I will pick ten cool ones and maybe later create a revised list.

10. Luke enters Jabba the Hutt's palace.
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi outwits Darth Maul.
    8. Han Solo returns and takes out Vader's wingman.
    7. Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker stand together.
    6. Lama Su reveals the army is for the Republic.
    5. Anakin searches for his mother.
    4. Palpatine tells the "legend" of Darth Plagueis.
    3. Lando arrives with the Galaxy Fleet.
    2. Luke confronts Kylo Ren on Crait.
    1. Luke's final duel with Darth Vader.

Not necessarily in perfect order but those were ten of the best moments that crossed my mind. Here are some more, in case I want to go back and reshuffle, or maybe other people need ideas.

Luke lands the killer shot that destroys the Death Star.
    Leia tells Han she loves him before he is frozen.
    Vader reveals his true connection to Luke's father.*
    Yoda's monologue about how life creates the Force.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi duels Anakin/Vader on Mustafar.
    Anakin and Padme kiss while entering the arena.
    Rey tells the phantom emperor that she does not hate him.
    Dozens of Ewoks appear out of nowhere to liberate the heroes.
    General Hux reveals he's the spy.
    Han Solo flies into the asteroid field.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi fights Jango Fett.
    Padme reveals her dual identity to Boss Nass.

*it's interesting how this parallels Ben explaining his connection to Obi-Wan. "He's me."

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm sorry, but for me, the Skywalker Saga (or as I simply call it, the Star Wars Saga) is Episode I, Episode II, The Clone Wars, Episode III, Episode IV, Episode V, and Episode VI, so that's what I'll be pulling from to make my list.

*Honorable Mentions
    - Duel of the Fates - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    - The Battle of Endor - Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    - The First Battle of Geonosis - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    - Confrontation on Mortis - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Ghosts of Mortis

- Yoda Sacrifices All - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Sacrifice

The Top 10 Moments in the Star Wars Saga

10) The Specter of Darth Bane - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Sacrifice

[​IMG]

As a huge fan of the KOTOR era and the Darth Bane books, this episode as a whole was such a treat for me. But hearing Mark Hamill apply his Joker talents to one of the most popular Sith Lords of the EU, and finally seeing him appear in canon on top of that? I had chills during this sequence.

9) Sith Civil War - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lawless

[​IMG]

Darth Maul has returned and is wreaking havoc. This is the climactic moment of an arc that acts as a massive crossover between several different Clone Wars storylines, and also one of the best lightsaber duels of the entire saga. In a span of a few minutes, Maul goes from being an awful villain, to being successfully painted as the protagonist in his own struggle again Darth Sidious. And Sidious himself really shines here - he is the scene-stealer while having the time of his life!

8) The Sith Erase Dathomir - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Showdown on Dathomir

[​IMG]

Although this is (for now) unfortunately being relegated to comic book status, that makes it no less of a George Lucas story. This unfinished Clone Wars episode again ties together multiple arcs from across the show in an even more powerful way than in Season 5's "The Lawless." There are no heroes involved here - it's a massive villain showdown that is totally epic. Dooku! Maul! Grievous! Sidious! And Talzin! Grievous gets a huge moment here as he kills one of the only living beings in the saga who can actually threaten the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith.

7) The Prophecy Fulfilled - Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

[​IMG]

I cry every time at this moment. The culmination of 6 films, an animated movie, and a TV series, this is obviously one of the great moments in both cinema and pop culture history. We see Darth Vader finally return to his true self spurred by the love of his son. Anakin fulfills the prophecy for real, and destroys Darth Sidious to bring balance to the Force.

6) Duel on Geonosis - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

[​IMG]

I still remember the first time I saw this duel. I was in 5th grade, and my jaw hit the floor when Yoda used the Force to pull his lightsaber out. Chills everytime, still. I remember running around the house with my toy Yoda lightsaber immediately after. And of course, the fact that Christopher Lee actually did the fight scene himself makes this even cooler!

5) This Party's Over - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

[​IMG]

My favorite line in the Star Wars saga from my favorite character where we finally get to see why Mace is second only to Yoda. This is when Attack of the Clones drops the hybrid love story/detective noir style film it was until this point, and goes full on action. The opening shot of the boots was pretty much perfection. And the FIRST EVER appearance of a PURPLE LIGHTSABER! The first time I saw that, my mind was floored in the same way I imagine 1999 audiences reacted to Darth Maul's double sided lightsaber. This being the only time my two favorite actors, Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson, share a scene together, makes it all the more awesome and special for me. My favorite moment from one of my five favorite films!

4) The Arrest of Darth Sidious - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

[​IMG]

Mace Windu's finest hour! This is it - this is the turning point of the entire saga! Every single plotline in the movies and in The Clone Wars leads directly to this moment, and boy does it not disappoint. From Darth Sidious's iconic lines, to his sheer domination of three of the Jedi's finest, I was overwhelmed on first viewing. But then Mace does the impossible, and per the words of George Lucas himself "overpowers Palpatine!" The moment where Mace has his purple lightsaber at Sidious's throat is one of my favorite moments in any film, ever. Despite what happens next, this bad bad Jedi gets the victory he truly deserves!

3) Duel in the Senate Chamber - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

[​IMG]

While Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight is the emotional climax of the Prequel movies and The Clone Wars, this is the actual climax. The tone is set immediately that this is a big boy fight that only a handful of characters could handle when Yoda one shots two of Sidious's royal guards. And then it begins. The most powerful Sith Lord ever, against the most powerful Jedi Master ever (well, up to this point). And boy is it jaw-dropping. Lightsabers are swung faster than the eye can see, Force lightning is thrown every five seconds, and Senate pods are hurled everywhere like toys while a hybrid of "The Clash of Lightsabers" and "Duel of the Fates" plays in the background? And when you layer on the political symbolism of Sidious literally ripping apart the Republic Senate, and Yoda re-directing it? This is the best live-action scene in Star Wars history.

2) The Chosen One's Test - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Overlords

[​IMG]

Anakin shows his true power for the first and only time in the saga and provides definitive proof that he is indeed the Chosen One. The music, combined with how Anakin's voice changes to echo like those of the Force Wielders, show us just how much potential he truly has. The prescence of Ahsoka and Obi-Wan and their predicament only adds to the symbolism. Anakin himself stands in center, representing the balance he will eventually bring. This sets the stage for the next two Mortis episodes, and of course, the immortal "ON YOUR KNEES" quote is astounding.

1) Showdown on Mortis - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Altar of Mortis

[​IMG]

The one time we get to see the three most powerful Force users going at it is simply incredible. Son loves Daughter and tries to convince her to stand aside. But Daughter is pure selflessness, and of course cannot. The constant expression of sadness on her face contrasted with the Son's excitement throughout the course of the duel was an amazing touch - with good animation or acting, the lines don't even have to be present for the emotion to be felt. Each of them pulls out all the stops in their bags of tricks - transforming into giant winged animals, Force grabs and pushes, while of course shooting, catching, and throwing around Force Lightning like it's a toy, until Father shows up, stands in the middle (as is his place), and stops the fight.

Opening Crawls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is no more exciting moment in movies or television for me than hearing the opening notes of the themes concocted by John Williams and Kevin Kiner. But as that occurs many many times, I left a unique place for it - not in the top ten, but still at the top of my list!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    KaleeshFett, Erkan12, Giovs and 4 others like this.
  19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    In movie release order

Obi Wan giving Luke the history lesson/lightsaber

Leia taking charge of her own rescue

" I know"

Force connection between Leia and Luke on Bespin

Vader's conflict over Luke and the Emperor

Luke seeing ghost Anakin with Obi Wan and Yoda

Anakin saying good bye to Shmi

Duel of the Fates

Anakin jumping out of the speeder

Shmi's death

Opening battle of ROTS

Anakin vs Obi Wan

Honorable Mentions
    Vader's conflict on the walkway/duel Vader finding out during that he has a daughter
    Anakin finding out he was going to be a father
    Padme's ruminations
    Chewie, we're home
    Vader's first entrance
    That's not how the Force works

20. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    1 Anakin's Confession To Padmé
    This is the most complex character scene that Star Was has ever brought to screen. There are so many emotions on display here... it is almost hard to grasp them all. There is suffering, there is hate, mourning, anger, love, guilt, determination, confusion... The irrationality of first blaming Obi-Wan in a desperate trial to handle the situation, only to be followed by the hurtful confession that he simply didn't live up to (his own and the Jedi's) ideals. Anakin's apparant inability to cope with this situation and what happened to him is what really drives him to the dark side. This scene is intense and Hayden doesn't get nearly enough praise for the performance that he delivered here (same with George's very sensible direction).

2 Anakin Meditating On Naboo
    Love the imagery.

3 Vader Arrives on Mustafar
    Those four minutes are pure, intense perfection and proof of Lucas' immense skills as an editor.

4 Padmé's Ruminations
    Proof that a lot of CG in a scene doesn't stop it from being artistic.

5 Padmé's Funeral
    Sad. Beautiful, but sad. Anakin's necklace was such a sweet touch to the scene.

6 Vader's Funeral/ End Celebration
    Just as others have already said: Perfect way to conclude the Original Saga.

7 It's Working, It's Working!
    This might be an odd choice but I really appreciate how the effectivity of the scene stems from the juxtaposition of the conflicting emotions that are created through Anakin (joy) and Shmi (sadness). There is Anakin's pure joy, followed by the smiles of everyone involved and then the scene cuts to Shmi and the tone completely changes. This is the beginning of her losing her son to his destiny and she knows.

8 Luke Finds Beru And Owen Dead
    Pretty similar to the No. 6. I love how the tone of the scene changes, from pure hurry on Luke's part to get home to the resignation that he's already too late and the sense that everyone feels that this is the final thing that gets Luke to the point of thought where he leaves Tatooine.

9 Duel of The Fates
    Best dual ever. I didn't need a single word or line of dialogue to tell a story on its own, to develop a character and to deliver a choreography that was never before seen.

10 Binary Sunset
    Classic.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  21. THE CHILD

THE CHILD Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 25, 2020
    Hmmm....Any scene with Yoda. Order matters not.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    1. Padme's Ruminations (ROTS)
    2. Tusken confession (AOTC)
    3. Luke batters Vader into submission (ROTJ)
    4. Sunset on Coruscant (TPM)
    5. X-Wing lift (ESB)
    6. ending montage (AOTC)
    7. ending montage (ROTJ SE)
    8. "now this is podracing" (TPM)
    9. initial Cloud City walkthrough (ESB)
    10. Coruscant chase (AOTC)

23. ThePhilistineCritic

ThePhilistineCritic Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 1, 2020
    1. Luke and Leia swinging across the bridge
    2. Battle of Yavin
    3. Sarlacc pit
    4. The Empire duel
    5. Battle of Hoth
    6. The ending of Revenge of the Sith
    7. Battle of the Heroes/Yoda vs. Palpatine
    8. Opening of the first film
    9. Duel of the Fates
    10. Space slug

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  24. DarthEndus

DarthEndus Jedi Knight

Jan 12, 2016
    Top 10 Skywalker Saga moments:
    1. TFA: Rey pulls Anakin’s saber past Kylo Ren to her on Starkiller Base
    2. TROS: Rey kills Kylo Ren and heals Ben Solo on the Death Star II wreckage - both of the previous whole sequences/lightsaber duels would be my top 2 if we’re including sequences
    3. TFA: Rey resists Kylo Ren’s mind probe and enters his mind “you’re afraid...that you’ll never be as strong as Darth Vader”
    4. TROS: In the end, Ben proves himself to be stronger than Darth Vader and selflessly saves Rey on Exegol
    5. TLJ: Kylo Ren kills Snoke with Anakin’s saber and ignites the throne room battle with Rey on Snoke's dreadnought
    6. TPM: Obi-Wan faces Darth Maul after he’s just killed Qui-Gon on Naboo
    7. ROTS: Obi-Wan defeats Anakin and mourns his turn to the dark side on Mustafar
    8. ROTJ: Luke defeats Vader and rejects the Dark Side and Palpatine on Death Star II
    9. TROS: Rey faces down Palpatine and passes Anakin’s saber to Ben through their connection on Exegol
    10. TLJ: Luke uses the Force to passively stall Kylo Ren and allow the Resistance to escape Crait

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  25. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    1. Yoda lifting the X-Wing (TESB)
    A truly magical moment in the saga that brings about that old sense of childish wonder in me every time.
    2. The Bespin duel (TESB)
    Hands down my favorite fight in the saga. The whole movie (and part of the last one) build up to this clash. The dark, claustrophobic setting and the looming sound of Vader's breathing add great tension. Watching Vader effortlessly toy with Luke right from the beginning adds a sense of hopelessness to the confrontation. And of course the final revelation cements this scene in movie history, changing the course of the Star Wars saga forever.
    3. Tatooine Sunset (ANH)
    Anyone who's ever felt stuck in life or has had seemingly impossible dreams can relate to this scene. Perfectly captures the start of the hero's journey and features one of the best musical themes in the saga.
    4. Vader's death (ROTJ)
    While it's tragic to see the broken man under the mask, it's also a heartwarming scene and feels like a satisfying conclusion to Vader's long arc.
    5. The cantina (ANH)
    The first scene that really introduces us to the wide range of aliens that inhabit the galaxy. Every part of this scene feels memorable, from the arm chopping moment, to the band, to the introduction of Han Solo. (btw Han shot first)
    6. The Battle of Yavin (ANH)
    My favorite space battle in the saga. Still blows my mind how they got it to look like that back in 1977.
    7. Battle of Hoth (TESB)
    Another awesome battle. Love the creativity of using the tow cables to take down the AT-AT's. It's ideas like that which separate this battle from so many generic battle scenes in most movies.
    8. Anakin's rescue attempt at the Tusken camp (AOTC)
    A really emotional scene in the film. The imagery of Anakin riding out into the desert with the sun setting captures a sense of the dark place he is heading to. This signals a major turning point for his character and I really feel for him as he holds his dying mother in his arms.
    9. Luke's appearance on Crait (TLJ)
    A cool scene that got better when I rewatched it and noticed smaller details like the way Luke never makes red prints on the ground. Seeing him face down the AT-AT's (if that's what they're called idk) and stand unharmed after they fire on him is just really cool.
    10. Boring conversation anyways (ANH) / Wanna buy some deathsticks? (AOTC)
    There's so many more scenes that could get thrown into my top ten but I decided to end with a couple of the funniest little character moments in the saga. Both make me laugh every time I watch them.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.