main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Katie Lucas?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by darklordoftech, Mar 2, 2020.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What has she been doing since her father’s retirement? Was she ever offered inherentance of Lucasfilm (and Star Wars by extension)?

Sadie Erso and Tython Awakening like this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I can't find much - her IMDB, Wiki, and Wook entries are pretty sparse. Most recent thing I can find is that she wrote some episodes for the Clone Wars series. Her IMDB credits for that run from 2009-2014.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Sadie Erso likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She's actually credited on some pretty great Clone Wars episodes so maybe LFL will use her again.

4. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    The great Dark Disciple novel was also based on 8 of her scripts.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Didn't know that. I liked that book.

Sadie Erso and indydefense like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I loved the book.

Ventress is an unsung villain.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I remember back at the time i'd been told that "Kathie's taking over from GL", I mistakenly took that to be Katie Lucas, sadly it wasn't. I always enjoyed her plots in TCW and I think she understood as well as anyone the mythos of SW, such a shame.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well Disney has been trying to pretty much bury anything George Lucas related since the sale so it figures that they would prioritize that over using her talents (her Clone Wars episodes were outstanding).

Sadie Erso and Emperor Ferus like this.
  9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yeah no, they haven't done anything like that at all.
    How about instead of throwing around random accusations with no proof whatsoever, you just go with what is actually known?

Katie Lucas had some minor involvement with the franchise, more precisely she was one out of many writers for one small part of it, that's about it. It's not like she was highly involved with the franchise and then it suddenly stopped. There could be dozens of different reasons why she hasn't been involved lately, including her possibly being focused on doing other things in life right now. The idea that Disney would go out of its way to keep her away from Star Wars is nothing but an utterly ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Disney isn't some sort of evil entity. They are trying to tell stories and make money. Unlike some fans, they have no need to be petty and vindictive, they just do what they think will give them the biggest success.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    They went out of their way to ignore her father. That is well documented.

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Was she the one who was into MMA?

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No - that's Amanda Lucas. Wiki. She withdrew from the sport in 2012 to have a child.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    christophero30 likes this.
  13. Efdifor

Efdifor Jedi Knight

Mar 3, 2015
    I had this exact question today, typed it into Google, and this thread popped up.
    For folks that haven't watched The Clone Wars, she wrote some of the very best episodes, and by 'wrote', I mean she came up with the story from start to finish, wrote the script, etc. She appears in several The Clone Wars Featurettes, available on Youtube. She seems like the sort of person I'd love to have a beer with and talk about Star Wars and Tank Girl and whatever. I hope she is happy doing whatever she's doing, and I would look forward to anything Star Wars related that she wrote for.

14. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Katie Kennedy had nothing to do with the franchise before.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Always felt like Katie would be an ideal heir. Her Clone Wars episodes were among the best (agree with @Efdifor ) and she understands her father's vision of the saga well, it seems.

Also a fan of Dark Disciple.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  16. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    That's a good point. I remember her coming up in fan discussions around that time. There was speculation about her role increasing.

17. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Great, and what exactly does that have to do with the point that was being made?
    Oh that's right, absolutely nothing at all.

How about you don't take an entire post out of context just so you can add a comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the post...

18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    She’s probably on a beach somewhere in Hawaii. She doesn’t need to work and certainly doesn’t need to be involved with something as stressful as Star Wars.

19. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I like the idea of her returning to develop more SW with her father. She could perhaps tap some of George's unused ideas. Some of these ideas are things he suggested but never followed through on or stuff we have never seen entirely. Personally, I think she has a connection with the fans.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Perhaps she might work on a future animated series or one of the other rumored series, like the Obi-Wan one.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  21. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Sitting on a beach in Hawaii gets old really fast. People need to work and be productive. What they don't need is stress and a manager controlling their schedule.

Bia Surik and Sadie Erso like this.
  22. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    She goes by the name Katie Rose, and made some short films you can see on her Vimeo:
    https://vimeo.com/katierosefilms

But it has not been updated in a long time.

"What's Left, What's Lost" was crowdfunded on indiegogo:

BigAl6ft6 and Sadie Erso like this.
  23. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    That's so sad. :(
    Disney isn't my favorite franchise since they took over a lot of things.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Was it Katie Lucas who penned Dathmorian witches / nightbrothers introduction episode which gave them more of a horror vibe, because it changed them quite a lot from how they were originally presented in Legends. (and also made the Dathomir episode in Fallen Order such a huge pain hahaha)

R.D. likes this.
  25. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I think it was also George who suggested that general direction (though as I recall, some more obscure comics in Legends went for a 'bwahahaha we're evil witcheys' approach anyway--the Quinlan Vos ones I want to say?)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.