main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[April Fools Game]Two Truths and a Lie!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow, but I have definitely learned some awesome tidbits already! We really are a fascinating bunch of folks here, aren't we? [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Ooh, if I may, I would guess that #1 is the lie. The last two sound just Finds enough to be completely true. [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

As for my three . . .

1. My first dream job growing up was to be a marine biologist.
    2. I am a troll that lives under a bridge.
    3. I have read The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire from start to finish.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    oops!:oops:

3. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Diving into the deep end! :cool:

1. I went to boarding school
    2. I was in a college performance of Mousetrap.
    3. I have been in the middle of a roiling mosh pit, struggling to stay on my feet and keep others from being trampled as well.

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    @brodiew - You're almost there! I'm not exactly sure what you were quoting and trying to guess at, but the lie you need to finagle is right above your post with my submission. ;) We go right on in order. :)

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I guess I was in too much of a hurry. I apologize.8-}

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    No worries, it happens to the best of us! [:D]

Buuut . . . do you have a guess? [face_mischief]

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I agree, this was a super fun idea! I'm loving learning all these interesting little facts about you all! :D

A very good guess, and you definitely flatter me! [face_batting] But nope, it's not #1--I really still do have all of my wisdom teeth (and actually went years without realizing they had actually grown in, because they did so so quietly and painlessly).

The lie is #2: the Chicago politician who is an old Findsfamily friend is not Lightfoot but her opponent in Chicago's last mayoral race: Toni Preckwinkle, who is the president of the Cook County Board of Commissioners.

Jerry Brown's wedding was in 2005, and I was indeed part of a small choir that was brought in to sing parts of a Gregorian chant nuptial mass (even though it was a civil ceremony) and some chants by Hildegard of Bingen. We also sang some chant at his inauguration as attorney general in 2007. It was a lot of fun. :)

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I believe that number 3 is the lie!

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Drats, but I thought I had foiled the mystery! [face_laugh] :oops: So it was two truths and a very clever almost just shy of the truth lie! Nicely played, and so, so fascinating to learn! =D=

You are correct! I did crack Volume I of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, just to challenge myself and see if I could, but I didn't get much further than that. Honestly, who has read that monster from start to finish? 8-}

I did want to be a marine biologist growing up; Eugenie Clark was my childhood hero at a very tender age, and Jacques Cousteau's films mesmerized me from as early as I can remember. Ocean life still fascinates me, as do most things in nature, but I live a little too far away from the ocean to have made it a serious field of study without relocating, which I wasn't willing to do. Now, I just explore marine life through my art. [face_love]

And I am indeed a troll living underneath the bridge! For anyone who's not a Michigander, those who live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, in the United States, are fondly called 'Yoopers' and those who live in the Lower Peninsula, below the Mackinac bridge, are called 'Trolls'. This post sums it up perfectly, and I have to admit that I fit most of the stereotypes they mention: I am very fond of euchre; I can't stand the Green Bay Packers, but hopelessly love my Detroit Lions; I do use my hand to show where I live; and I would very much like to own a 'cabin' in Munising someday. Guilty on all counts! [face_laugh] [face_love]

10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @brodiew: I believe that #1 is the lie.

-------------

1. I may (or may not) be related to the 19th century politician James G. Blaine, "The Liar from Maine."
    2. I'm wearing this hooded dress right now.
    3. My cats all have four legs, but my dog only has three.

11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent guess,@Pandora , but, alas, incorrect. I was never in a college production of 'Mouse Trap'. The only acting, on stage, I ever did was in a church production of a play no one's ever heard of.

1. My first 2 years of High school were at the Asheville School in North Carolina.Iin the mid eighties it was boys only but we had seven female day students.

3. That mosh pit experience in downtown Seattle at the bumbershoot festival was a harrowing, but exhilarating experience. It was the first and the last

12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Pandora, I'm going with #2 even though I can see that being your style!

1. I have never seen a monkey outside of a zoo.
    2. Coffee tastes like leaves in its normal form, but I love it as a flavoring in treats
    3. I love roller coasters!

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    @Kahara I'm going to guess #3

1. I am related to infamous Canadian Metis rebel Louis Riel
    2. One of my best friends is a descendant of Captain Henry Morgan
    3. I never got detention in high school

14. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    You are correct, @Kahara! I'm not wearing that dress right now, since I don't own it. Not only that, but I never will own it: the hoods are the rarest and most coveted of unicorns amongst Gunne Sax dresses. I have only ever seen one of them come up for sale several times over the years since I began collecting, and they were known to be expensive before the current prairie dress trend. Now they are as rare as they ever were, or even more so--and they can sell for as high as $700, or even more.

----

As for the other two: according to family lore on my paternal side, we are indeed allegedly related, in some vague way, to James G. Blaine, the "Liar from Maine" whose name rhymed with that of his state, the "Silver-Tongued Orator" who didn't talk well enough to beat Grover Cleveland. (My paternal grandfather's mother's maiden name was Blaine.) When I did some internet research on a whim, I didn't come up with any evidence to either support a connection, or definitively refute one. But the one thing I really know about my great-grandmother's father is that he was a dirt poor broom maker--and James G. Blaine was a politician who made a run for the presidency. None of his close relatives were going to be poor.

My guess is that my great-great grandfather was probably a distant cousin to Blaine, at the closest. But while I think the family story is of dubious truth at best, it is true that the story exists.

And yes, my dog only has three legs: she was in an accident whilst trying to herd the lawn mower last summer (border collie--enough said) and had to have her right foreleg amputated.

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    @Briannakin #3 is the lie.

1. I'm a Reylo shipper.
    2. My dad knew the stuntman who did Boba Fett's tumble into the Sarlaac pit in ROTJ.
    3. My favorite Star Trek captain is Janeway.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Nope :p Never got detention because I never got caught (I did, however get kicked out of band class one time thanks to the aforementioned pirate descendant but that mostly because we were laughing so hard that HE LOST THE TRIANGLE). Number 1 is the lie. I am not related to Louis Riel. However, he and my great-great-grandfather were best friends and best men at each-other's weddings. It's never been quite know how involved my ancestor was in the Red River and Northwest rebellions (possibly because he never was caught :p ), but according to family tales, it was quite a lot.

17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Briannakin, that is a great guess based on my personality -- but no. :p For some reason, I really enjoy the near-death experience of hurtling through the air in a Rube Goldberg machine.

#1 is the lie, because I was lucky enough to go on a trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua several years ago. There were quite a few monkeys to be seen in some of the places, including the jungle right next to a beach we visited in Costa Rica. You have to watch your beach supplies kind of carefully there! :p Apparently they'll sometimes take stuff from the beach if you're not paying attention. I didn't see this in person, but I believe it for sure.

And yeah, I like coffee flavoring more than actual coffee most of the time! :eek:

Mira_Jade , Findswoman and Kit' like this.
  18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    [mention]Cowgirl Jedi 1701 [/mention] Number 3 is the lie, you really just love Picard

1. I have 7 siblings
    2. I have been trying to rewrite a fanfic for the last twenty years
    3. I have a puppy named Evie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm torn between 1 and 3... I'm going to say #1 is the lie.

1. I was born without a sense of smell.
    2. I struggled academically all the way through primary and secondary school.
    3. I spent time in juvenile detention when I was 13 for assaulting the school principal.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    @jcgoble3 I'm going to guess #3 ! Please edit the answer into your post above because I'm going to lock this thread now.

Thank you everyone for participating in our April Fools fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.