main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't apostrophes are allowed in user names so your name would end up looking like Kalone unless you opt for a hyphen or a space instead so your name doesn't sound like Cologne.

Dandelo likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd steer into it and just go all out Sylvester Kalone.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Hopefully this is you, @buddhahat, otherwise someone sniped it already. @Kalo'ne

If it is, you should probably cancel your request.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  4. Delta29

Delta29 Jedi Knight

Aug 26, 2014
    I would like my username to be changed to VossParck. Created this account long ago and almost always use VossParck as my username on other platforms to discuss Star Wars. Thank you so much.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Can I have my name changed to BRE please? Or BRE96 if there's a minimum character limit, I use the aforementioned usernames on every other board. Thanks so much.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good thing you had the other option as it looks like someone else has already taken BRE

7. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    That's actually my account! I've just checked its posts, I'm Brad, and the messages reflect me to a T. Could you delete that account and name me BRE? I had no idea I'd signed up to this place so long ago with that account, I thought this was my only one.

I'm not sure how I can prove that is actually my account, I probably don't have the associated emails anymore, but it is me.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We don't delete user IDs. However if you can provide the email address associated with the old account to one of the admins (probably me as I don't think the others are online now) we can look at a rename of SynCrow to BRE (and vice versa).

SynCrow likes this.
  9. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hello!
    I would like to request the change of my username to JadeSphera
    I want to change it to match the pen name I have in AO3, FanFiction and Tumblr. I am essentially a FanFic writer, and I would like to make the change so my username matches the one in all the other sites where I have posted my work and people don't get confused.
    When I first opened my account in here I did the misjudgement of using a different - although similar, username.

I have had the name JadeSphera for a while in the other sites and it is the one name I would like to use in all of my Fic writing. I hope this change is possible.

Thank you very much for your help and for allowing me to change my username to JadeSphera

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Like JS above me, I want to resubmit my username request changed to
    NyotaAyeshaShulma ... for 3 lovely ladies from a couple favorite fandoms. 2 are original characters, not of my creation, but I love them for their courage, compassion, warmth, and vivacity. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Jâd Sphera likes this.
  11. JediDad2019

JediDad2019 Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2019
    Hello! I am trying to unify my name across several different platforms. I would like to request a name change to Malkinban.

Thank you for your help and for all the time you guys put in!

12. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    Hello! I am putting in a formal name change request here! I am no longer a fan of this name, and the character behind it is kind of wearing off on me, so I feel that now is the best time to make a change to something I can stand by for the rest of my time on this board!

I would like to request a name change from Quinlan Vos to Spectr!

Thank you, and I hope to hear back soon if this is possible or not! Cheers!

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    spectre (with a small 's') is taken. I'm afraid, as are many permutations (such as Sith_Spectre, for example).

14. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    I would do it without the E at the end

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like that one is free.

Quinlan Vos likes this.
  16. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Awesome! Thanks! Let me know if you need any other information

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We normally leave it for a bit to allow for people changing their minds. The name change can put a bit of a load on the server so the last thing we want is to change a username only to have the same user decide they don't like it after all.

Quinlan Vos likes this.
  18. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    I’m fine with that, I doubt I’ll change my mind but I’ll gladly wait regardless! Thanks again!

19. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hello @LAJ_FETT
    I wonder if my request has been approved.
    I sent in a request some time ago for a name change to JadeSphera
    Is this possible?
    Thank you! :D

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I usually don't deal with the changes. They can put a load on the server and right now with the US folks on things are probably pretty busy. (I do the New User Approvals).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Jâd Sphera likes this.
  21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    If you want a new username sooner rather than later, you're probably better off making a new account. I'm looking at previous pages on this thread and I'm seeing requests dating as far back as 2017 that still haven't been made...

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    to whom it may concern,

I aint doing too well mentally. the lockdown has brought back my depression.

laden greatstorm from the high republic has helped ease the pain. the thought of meeting him and all the other new Jedi are the source of my motivation.

is it possible to change my user name to Loden Greatstorm?

thank you for your time and stay safe.

23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    @Jaxxon-

it might be inconvenient but it might be better just to create a new account with that name to help you cope.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Dandelo -- that is a great suggestion followed by who was Togruta ... I'm thinking of doing that but I have works in progress and roleplays under this username :eek: For a new author, it would be easier.

Jâd Sphera and Dandelo like this.
  25. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    but I don't want to lose all my posts and the moment I joined these wonderful boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.