main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Midway through Ep 2 and I've yet to see anyone that qualifies for normal.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    As my friend said, it's really scary when the most normal-seeming person in your story is literally Scarface.

Mortimer Snerd and Bilbo Fett like this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Westworld. On that note is there a a thread to discuss Westworld?

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Been really enjoying the 2005 series of Doctor Who with Eccleston.

Watched episodes 2-5 yesterday and had a good time. I like how in ep 2 they went 5 billion years ahead to the end of the Earth and then in ep 3 they went back to Christmas Eve 1860 where they met Charles Dickens.

'Aliens of London' and 'World War Three' were also quite good and humorous with the Slitheen aliens.

I'm glad I finally got into this program.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Just finished Tiger King.

Well ****. I feel better about myself, but I would absolutely vote for Joe Exotic for pretty much anything, given the opportunity.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Finished Tiger King myself last night. It's amazing how each episode got crazier than the last, and how there are literally NO normal people in it besides the documentary director.

Luke02 likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Deep Space Nine "Apocalypse Rising": Sisko, O'Brien, Worf and Odo disguise themselves as Klingons in order to expose Gowron as a Changeling.

Interestingly, this isn't the first time that the actors playing Worf and Odo were Klingons/disguised as Klingons in an incident involving a Klingon Chancellor: Star Trek VI.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I watched Watchmen aka the 2019 sequel miniseries. I liked it quite a bit, which was surprising given how I usually dislike Damon Lindelof's writing. I guess he learned how to make things pay off well. My only complaint is that the villains weren't given as much nuance as the anti-hero protragonists.

Mortimer Snerd and solojones like this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal

I loved the show, so I gave this interactive episode a go and enjoyed it. First time I've tried a Netflix interactive too. They're no Telltale, but it's an interesting idea. 7/10.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ozark - season 1 episodes 1-3

So I started a new show even though I haven’t finished a bunch of others. But I’m glad I did cause this is great. I’m a big fan of Jason Bateman and I can see here that he’s actually a fantastic actor. Plus he’s also directing and producing the show! It’s got an interesting story with some great characters. I’m really looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. I’m getting some Breaking Bad vibes here.

11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    JAG: Ice Queen and Meltdown: Two part backdoor pilot for NCIS. Gibbs and the team investigate Lt. Singer's death and charge Rabb with her murder.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Glad you enjoyed it. Personally I really loved it.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m gonna slap the next person that demands I watch Tiger King. Why would I watch idiots that don’t value life on a TV show, when I can watch idiots that don’t value life on the news?

Luke02, PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ozark - Season 1 episodes 4-6

It just keeps getting better. I love this show because it’s so unpredictable and you can never guess what’s going to happen next or what the characters are going to do. It’s also so suspenseful and I actually feel nervous watching it. Ruth is my favourite character. She’s tough.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Cuz this one only attempted to run for President...

16. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Batman: The Animated Series "Beware the Gray Ghost": Batman teams up with an actor who played a TV hero to stop the "Mad Bomber." Simon Trent/The Gray Ghost was voiced by Adam West. No need to say who he played on TV. ;)

17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    and then there were none BBC three part adaption of the classic Agatha Christie novel that was originally broadcast over the Christmas period in 2015. I’ve had this on dvd since it first came out and never got round to watching it til today. This book has been adapted a number of times over the years and I'm a big fan of it, I’ve even been to see the stage play too, personally I think the 1945 film version is my favourite. But this one, made for TV, is really good. It stars heavyweights Charles Dance and Sam Neill amongst other familiar faces, but whilst the story is familiar and you may know what to expect it still manages to be tense and menacing throughout. Nice to see that the BBC didn’t murder this one like they did with the more recent versions of classics The ABC Murders and War of the Worlds.

soitscometothis likes this.
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    There was just a crossover between the two bunches of idiots you mention.

Juliet316 and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Darrin Williams

Darrin Williams Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2020
    Dark Matter S1E13

Ive already seen the entire series, but I forgot how enjoyable it is.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just started season 6 of The West Wing. This is nostalgia for me because this is when I started watching it when it was originally on. It's already vastly superior to season 5, but nowhere near as good as the Sorkin seasons.

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek: The Next Generation "Q-Pid": Q sends Picard and his senior officers to Sherwood Forest.
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine "Things Past": Sisko, Odo, Dax and Garak somehow end up in the past, in the bodies of condemned Bajorans.

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Ozark, Season 2, Episode 8

It has not been terribly difficult to binge this show, it's really good.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ozark - Season 1 Episodes 7-9

I’m ready for the finale! So much great build up and tension has been planted throughout this season, so hopefully it pays off (which I’m 100% sure it will).

Titans - Season 1 Episodes 1-2

I never really had much interest in seeing this, but Deathstroke is in season two, so I have to. I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. Robin and Raven are solid. Hawk and Dove seem fine. Don’t like Starfire at all. Beast Boy’s only shown up for a brief moment. The brutality caught me off guard, but I like it. Especially in Robin’s cool intro fight scene.

24. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    DuckTales 2017: Season 3, Episode 1 "Quack Pack"

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Being off work makes you realise how many classic TV shows there are still being broadcast in the daytime.

For the UK residents on here I've caught some episodes of The Professionals, I watched every episode of this last year and watching some of them back 12 months later I was still hooked, great chemistry between the leads and the best TV theme tune ever too. The Saint Roger Moore version, not the 70's remake with Ian Ogilvy, this episode about Templar being kidnapped and framed for a robbery was pretty good and even featured a younger Julian Glover as one of the heavies of the episode. I don't recall ever watching much of this show in the past, but Moore is pretty much the same here was he was in the Bond films.

Quincy Now this show I really remember when I was growing up, if you needing anything sorting Quincy was the man to see and for me its the performance of Jack Klugman that effortlessly carries the show. In this one he even solved a crime on his honeymoon, the man was a crime fighting machine. The A Team I've now watched the entire final half of season 3, again another show carried by the lead characters. Every story is pretty much a carbon copy of the last, although there were a few variances with them going to Africa for a couple of episodes (did they really though) to help out someone in trouble. Its funny that watching this and it made me realise how many shots used body doubles of the 4 main characters, obvious ones where they did the trademark dive over the camera in to a fight, but also many simple shots like running away from the camera.[/B]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.