main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek 2009; Red, white and blue

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and you know;) this is what follows

Stardate 2269.0120

After two weeks of inactivity Nick was utterly bored. ‘Tomorrow you don’t have to use the sling anymore and you can resume your work. In two weeks time I will remove the thingies and you can go and pester your friend Kyle on the obstacle course.’ That was still on his mind when he strolled into the rec-lounge where Jacob Numa had as always a captive audience.

“It was a glimpse in the future?”

“Yes Anilo. We too had the series Star Trek and the movies and series of Star Wars in the 20th and 21th century but in that alternate universe they had only that and the books. Even most of the books became legends when a big company bought Star Wars and changed everything.”

“No Luke and Mara?”

“No Maggy. In that canon they had a Ben Solo doing nasty things. And coming to nasty things; they had a lot to worry about before they began to explore the solar-system and beyond. They had a climate crisis and some nasty viruses conquered after they decided to eat only domesticated mamals, birds and seafood and became mostly vegetarians.”

“Who is your source?”

“The cabin of Daniels became an object of research when the Enterprise was decommisioned. I was one of the students involved when our teacher got the job.”

“Do you have those old Star Trek series on disk?”

“I have and I can show you one.”

Nick entered the rec-lounge and sat down with a smile on his face. He had an extensive collection of old Star Wars and Star Trek memorablia and wasn’t the only one. McCoy and his friend Kyle had their collections.

The rousing tune began followed by the first scenes of the menagerie.

“Hey that’s captain Pike and he is crippled and alive.”

“Shh, I want to see this and don’t need your comments Alicia.”

“And look at that. Did they use that as computers?”

“Alicia; nice I will come back another time.”

Nick saw Anilo leave with a smirk on his face and whispered only for Alicia to hear “it is old but nicely done. They had no way to know that computers became the GSM’s only a few decades later.”

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more fun in this

Stardate 2269.0122

Jacob Numa was entering commands to get the logs of the last weeks into the archives when he saw a familiar figure halting before the door and entering. “Nick without a sling I see?”

“Yes but it’s light duty for me,” Nick replied. “I am only the sleep-doctor and can do nothing else for the coming weeks. What were you filing away?”

“The mine disaster and what’s more about those aliens on the derelict. They must have unscrambled the coordinates because the last scan of the area indicated that they had moved away. And I am glad the away-team took these pictures,” Jacob powered up two large viewscreens and put a picture of an old log on one of the screens. “See this spy was Kalara and she resembles those aliens. She destroyed the Enterprise and was working together with Krall on Altamid.”

“I am unfamiliar with Kalara or Krall. Can you tell me more?”

“I can,” Jacob began to tell about the re-supply and shore leave on starbase Yorktown and the rescue-mission and ending with “we got a new Enterprise after the one we had come to love was destroyed by Kalara and Krall a.k.a. Balthazar Edison and his drone-workers. And that’s why you are ordered to put your valuable belongings in a locker on earth before you come aboard. You can take easy to replace items and that’s why I can have those movie-nights.”

“Ah,” Nick nodded “But I have some Star Wars figurines in my cabin.”

“Not too valuable I presume?”

“No,” Nick answered “they are modern copies of Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi.” And that last name had him winking back a tear “I had an original figurine but I lost it.”

“Maybe you will find it,” Jacob pointed at the pictures “and I hope we don’t find them again creating mayhem for the Enterprise. I don’t want to go to a new ship again. But…” he began to smile “Uhura and Spock were close friends, Yorktown and what Spock was planning became a slight bump in their friendship and Spock coming to her rescue had them bonded forever.”

“I can see that each time one of them is under our care,” Nick heard a soft beep coming from his communicator and looked at the screen. “I have to go to medbay. What are you planning for this evening?”

“More TOS episodes,” Jacob replied. “I have Journey to Babel and gamesters of Triskelion on this disk. See you.” He saw Nick giving a nod before he left and resumed his work.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Stardate 2269.0203

“You look tired Nick,” Florian McLintlock saw the medical officer reaching for a bowl with soup with unsteady hands. “Let me help you.”

“Thanks,” Nick whispered. “We had some difficult procedures and before that the trouble of keeping Spock and Sulu in our care you know.”

“Ah yes the copy-cats of the captain but you know who gave me trouble.” Florian could now laugh.

“McCoy messed up the food-processors because he wanted only MRE’s for the escape-artist and his conspirator,” Nick had a sheepish smile on his face.

“And that didn’t work for them because Jim gave the access key to the auxilary foodprocessor. And I had that delicious crypto-lock to pester McCoy.”

“You did and you should have seen his face,” Nick began to laugh trying to forget how tired he was but unable to keep the tray steady.

“Saved,” Florian took the tray and brought that – supporting Nick with his other arm – to a table. “And eat!” With that said he returned to his counter for the next crewmember.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Stardate 2269.0518

Jacob loved it. The Enterprise was after a few days at starbase seventeen headed to earth. Now he could transport his extensive records from more than 4 years of missions to the archives. He had seen Nick and McCoy coming back from their shore-leave at the starbase looking totally refreshed and with each carrying a parcel. Enquiring had him admiring two paintings. McCoy had explained in his most southern drawl that Nick had him after a great snowball-fight guided to their bungalow for a painting-lesson. Spock made it into a competition when he saw the two busy. And McCoy had said ‘that pointy eared replica-droid was having fun with me but he will see what we have planned for him’

Jacob was anticipating the fun. And he had heard something more. McCoy would be very surprised. Christine was transferring back to the Enterprise after only two weeks at the prestigious medical facility as chief of nursing.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh a wonderful surprise indeed!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Stardate 2269.0519

Spock had accepted the invitation to go to San Diego and the Federation SEAL training facility.

Nick was smiling broadly. What he had planned with McCoy had worked. He was looking like a sugar-cookie after the tumble down the dunes. And he saw more sandy figures making a beeline to the showers. One of them was Spock. And he knew that Uhura would make him very comfortable after the IBS-race in the surf and the shouting of the instructors. Nick and his crew had won the race. ‘You are a Tusken-raider on a Bantha in a sandstorm on Tatooine,’ was what he had said when he plopped down near Spock, who had flatly refused to go with an IBS into the surf and had paid for the refusal, getting the order to get wet and sandy. He entered the showers and could get rid of the sand after a vigorous deluge of cold water. Coming out of the showers he saw Kyle.

“Did you see who came to see the fun too?” Kyle handed him a towel.

“The captain, Uhura and McCoy were on that dune,” Nick wrapped the towel around his frame. “After the race I was too busy caring for my boat-crew congratulating them and guiding them to the showers. You did working with the instructors?”

“Yup,” Kyle replied. “You were headed to the showers when Uhura ran down the dune and could get Spock. McCoy followed and Christine showed up running down the dune. You should have seen McCoy’s face when she told him that she was coming back.”

“And I am glad she is. McCoy wasn’t his grumpy self when she left after the Babel mission. Now we can have fun again after a procedure.”

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Read the first and second entries.

Quite good once I was able to follow what was going on.

Nice touch with the Native American aspect to Roberts, and the hairdresser able to see from the cut, that the new medic had managed without it, at Starfleet Medical.

What is a sleep-doctor?

Good stuff.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more to follow
    A sleep-doctor is the anaesthetist on the team.

Stardate 2269.0520

“Christine,” Nick swept into the medbay-office. “Welcome back. Did you enjoy the tent-city at the training-facility in San Diego?” That was asked with a devious tone. Yesterday he had seen her and McCoy headed to the guest-rooms in the training-facility knowing that the instructors would guide all guests to the ‘tent-city’ a place used for the trainees during hell-week.

“It was primitive,” Christine replied. “But…” She began to smile when she saw who came in and took a position behind Nick “You had to use a bathroom-tent. It was cosy, noisy with Jim and Audrey and Spock and Uhura occupying the tents next to ours and sandy.”

Knowing all about the tents and the stretchers Nick asked “sandy feet and sheets?”

“And sand in your hair,” McCoy emptied a little bag on Nick’s head. “Get wet Nick, you are already sandy. I have to get Christine up to date.”

“With medicals,” Christine powered up the computer.

“Tomorrow we have those two for medical,” Nick – feeling the sand in his hair – saw the records.

“And I know a way to have them make a bee-line to us,” McCoy grinned. “You will see. Get showering.”

“Yes sir,” Nick shook his hair and ran out of the office hearing the grumped ‘now my desk is sandy’ before he disappeared in the changing room.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Nice teasing about sand everywhere