main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Americans, who will you vote for in November 2020, for President?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Apr 10, 2020.

?

Americans, who will you vote for in November 2020, for President?

1. Trump

6.5%
  2. Biden

50.8%
  3. Libertarian

3.2%
  4. Green

4.0%
  5. Someone Else (who?)

8.1%
  6. Not Voting

2.4%
  7. Can’t Vote / Not American

21.8%
  8. Undecided

3.2%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Americans, who will you vote for in November 2020, for President?

(I made the poll so you can always change your vote in case your mind changes before the election.)

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Anyone who may defeat Trump. That's Biden.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Kodos.

Drac39, Sarge, Darth Guy and 3 others like this.
  4. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    #KangGang2020
    >:0

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Sarge, Darth Guy, CT-867-5309 and 2 others like this.
  5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    At this point, I'm torn between voting Biden (Ridding myself of morals in the hopes of beating Trump), or not voting/writing in a candidate (Being able to sleep at night, but also inadvertently helping Trump). So, very undecided right now.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah. I’m undecided since I live in relatively-safe blue state (Rhode Island). I doubt the Greens (and other left-leaning third parties and independents) will put forward a credible candidate. So with the Electoral College and which state I live in, torn between Biden and write-in and not voting for President (though I’d definitely still vote in local/state elections).

7. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably going to write in Bernie and then focus on down ballot.

8. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Ain't voting for ****. Democracy is a scam.

Rylo Ken and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    [​IMG]

...for Joe Biden.

And I'm dead serious about that.

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Considering how messed up your democracy is. Any vote that isn't for Biden is a vote for Trump.

If you don't want Trump you have to hold your nose and vote Biden, this is the same as 4 years ago when everyone said vote Clinton with your nose held but so many of you said not to worry as Trump didn't have a chance. You were wrong, you can't afford to take that chance again.

Biden may be bad, but he's not Trump bad.

Hold your nose and vote Biden.

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Biden I guess since my state is something of a swing state. If we were more solid red or blue I'd vote third party or write in someone.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Biden. This country cannot take another four years of Trump, this pandemic has proven that. If voting for Biden is the only way to do that, then so be it.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    For the lesser rapist I guess.

But I'm not voting in this poll because I can only vote for him once and not get too sick.

14. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Even if you did live in a safe state, you should vote for Biden to increase his popular vote count. Sometime down the line, that can be used to dismantle the Electoral College.

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    And just like Biden, his supporters don't know how to take "No" for an answer.

16. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    You've seen my posts here, I've trashed Biden many times over...and I voted for Bernie in the primary. But ultimately, the difference between Biden and Trump is the same as day and night. This is no choice at all.

[​IMG]
    ← Biden ________________________________ Trump →

17. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Yes, "safety" is what I think of when it comes to the hair-sniffing guy accused of rape

18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

You are a two party country, just like the UK. You have the choice of a sick or a turd sammich. Trump is one Biden is the other, which is the worst option and vote against them with the one who is likely to win. Any other vote is a vote for Trump.

I 100% get where you're coming from but until you have some form of electoral reform you are ALWAYS going to be REP vs DEM and until electoral reform is brought in, any form of protest vote is a vote for the other guy

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Voting for the adult in the room.

SW Saga Fan, Emperor Ferus and Luke02 like this.
  20. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Objectively speaking, no it's not. It may "feel" that way to you, but it's just not true.

1) The only vote for the other guy is an actual vote for the other guy. The only people who are voting for Trump are people who are checking off Trump on the ballot. People who are voting third party, people who aren't voting, people who died before election day, etc. are not voting for Trump. This idea you have is partly based on the notion that if all things were equal, we'd be voting for the Democratic candidate anyway and that somehow we are "taking something away" from them. But Biden never had our votes to begin with.

2) Your sentiment is based on the idea that the democratic candidate is "owed" the votes of anyone who doesn't vote republican. They aren't. Democrats will only get the votes the earn. This notion that leftists need to vote for Democrats even though Democrats give no concessions to us while they continue to give concessions to the right in order to win votes for there holds no merit. You don't get to use emotional blackmail to control how people vote. And don't bother denying that it's emotional blackmail, it is emotional blackmail.

3) If every Democrat, Berniecrat, and leftist voted for Jill Stein in 2016, then Trump would have lost. I have an equal claim to that last sentence of being true as Democrats have to the sentence "If every Democrat, Berniecrat, and leftist voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, then Trump would have lost." The difference here is nothing: Centrists refuse to vote for someone who is far to the left of them, just as we refuse to vote for someone who is far to the right of us. It's ****ty for me to use that argument, right? Well it's ****ty for you to use it as well.

Deliveranze, Abadacus, Sarge and 8 others like this.
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    We could have had a good candidate.

But nope. We all wanted the guy who is incapable of completing full sentences, and has a rape allegation.

And to be honest, I'm pretty bitter about that, especially with how many times I've heard the phrase "Now is the time to rally behind Biden". Is it? Why? Because he isn't Trump? What if that's not good enough? What if I want to vote for a candidate who, you know, actually believes in the things I believe? Who has some sense of moral integrity?

I sure as **** ain't voting for Trump. But that does not mean I'm voting for Biden. No matter how much neo-libs say I have to. If it happens, it's happening because I think Biden is a good candidate. Hell, even a passable one. But right now, I ain't seeing it.

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

I don't disagree with you. I'm not attempting emotional blackmail or anything like that. I'm being realistic.

I didn't want to vote Labour in the last election. I'm far more Liberal Democrat leaning but I could not vote for a party that had no chance of keeping the Tories out of my ward. If it was a close three way run I would have voted Liberal but as it was a marginal Labour seat I had to vote Labour to give them any chance of keeping the Tories out. We still lost but had I voted Liberal then Labour would have had a further reduced chance and IMO a vote for a party with no chance is a totally wasted vote.

This is true in all elections where it is first past the post or simple majority. The US goes one further by having the electoral college.

As things stand there is ONLY Biden or Trump. No one else has a hope. I would be great if everyone who would prefer an outsider would actually vote for that outsider but that just isn't going to happen. For now (again IMO) you vote for the least worst option and continue to lobby for a change to electoral rules because until those rules changes everyone loses.

Vote with your conscious, but for me personally, as much as I would hate voting for Biden I would do so pinching my nose because Trump is worse.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    there is as much if a chance as everyone voting for an outsider as us leftists voting for Biden.

As I wrote earlier (and you seemed to not respond to), if Democrats voted green, trump will lose. Democrats won't vote green, and thus they clearly care about purity politics over actually defeating Trump.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Sorry, missed the second point.
    Yes I agree that if everyone voted for "The Other Third Way" rather than the second or first then the third way would win. Thats pretty obvious but you'd need a massive swing in the way the population votes and it just isn't going to happen until you get electoral reform. People's votes are too precious and too many of them don't want to run the risk of having who they perceive to be a horror in charge and a such will vote for the least worse option. Electoral reform introducing a transferable vote or similar will mean that you can make your first vote count and you can be braver in your decision making. Until that happens, the change you want just isn't going to happen. That applies to my nation too.

I genuinely don't think it's totally purity politics. Some people will only ever vote one way (Jrod, Hef etc...) but others want something different but they want something in place to actually encourage them to vote the other way.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  25. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Mark Charles is who I will be voting for, unless I see something go wrong from now till September then Inwill vote for Biden, but there are some Republicans talking about voting for Biden.