main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favourite Star Wars Song.

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by TheStarWarsSam, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The album "Star Wars Party" by MECO is all kinds of awesome. Tracks including Boogie Wookie, I am your Father and Live your Life are standouts. Many tracks contain actual dialogue samples clips, and others which are the actual lines of dialogue, but read out with cheesy aplomb by the MECO artists.

Live your Life especially has the incredible repeat lyrics

Live your life
    Like a Jedi
    Then the Force, the Force'll be with you

Adella7 likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It is from the palace, played just after Chewie is bought by Jabba.
    Does anyone know whether the music played on the sail barge is a different section of the piece played in Jabba's palace or a separate but very similar piece of music?

3. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016

Yub Nub was in Return of the Jedi from 1983 to 1997

Victory Celebration replaced Yub Nub for the 1997 release of the Star Wars Trilogy .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I used to have a tape titled "Star Wars Disco Version", but pretty sure not from Meco. Its cover was different as well. Maybe it was by Meco, but the German cover looks very different. I think I got it in 1978, so it only had music from the 1st movie, plus some disco stuff from 2001 and Close Encounters. Funny that it was only months later that I got the REAL soundtrack.
    [​IMG]

christophero30 likes this.
  5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    funny I was just listening to Meco SW. Nothing else reminds me more of 77 than this.

Bob Effette and Sarge like this.
  6. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016

Jabba Flow is played in the back ground in the movie Star Wars :The Force Awakens.

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  8. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
  9. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    'The Spark' from TLJ was terrific, and it needs the actual scene (with or without dialogue) in order to be truly effective. That may very well be my favorite right now.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I wish there could have been a full version of the Song on Zeb's radio, with some in-universe lyrics. They should have created a new alien band and instruments to play it and animated a music video. Xexto drummer, Wookiee bass, et cetra.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  11. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Canon song from Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order! Sugaan Essena! Cal recognizes the band! So therefore Mangolian Throat Singing Death Metal is totally canon!

13. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020

I think this is truly menacing. The original concept of grievous toying with a handful of jedi.

14. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    “Yoda’s Theme” is my favorite Star Wars composition. When my son was young, whenever I heard him practicing on his violin, I would interrupt and ask him to play it for me. Last year, he attended John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl, and sent me a short video of it. The entire stage was lit in green. It looked and sounded amazing.

15. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    I love all the Big Ones mentioned but I might throw in a few lesser cited ones that I like -

The music when the Trade Federation land in TPM.

The Rogue One bombastic Imperial music.

Dooku's theme.

The peppy Cloud City music.

But for some reason the piece of music that makes me most nostalgic is the Han and Leia love theme from ESB.

That low warm, warbling sound always evokes a cosy Christmas-tree lighted atmosphere of my youthful sitting room when the Empire Strikes Back would be on tv....

16. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Is that the one that plays when Dooku cuts off Anakin's arm? The three-note motif that sounds like the orchestra is singing "Coount Doo! Ku!"?

Bor Gullet likes this.
  17. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Ha ! Well I'm not sure, I was thinking of this bombastic theme -