main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena ESPN Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Aug 2, 2007.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    The Doris photo lmao

Goddamn Katie is a gem

tom likes this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Awww, sounds like Papi is basically retired from Highly Questionable. For good reason (he's been working 50 years and didn't want to work every day!) but he'll be missed... :(

Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Forget about politics. The amount of Star Wars on ESPN is turning me off. I change the channel every time a Star Wars commercial comes on. Stick to sports.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well ESPN and Star Wars are owned by Disney so... Yeah, your not going to get your wish on the Star Wars front until after Rise of Skywalker premieres.

PCCViking and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been looking down at the treadmill for weeks to avoid the trailer, but that's cause I am spoiler free for the movie tonight. I know lots of people don't care anymore, but I've seen all the others and I'm going to see this thing, but I admit it's more out of morbid curiosity of how bad is this one going to be, than oh yea a SW movie.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I still liked the This Is Sportscenter ad that had Star Wars characters. The final scene had an anchor with Artoo playing the message from Leia. :D

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ABC has Stephen A. Smith doing the post - Oscars show. No, I'm not kidding.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've finally been using the espn+ part of the disney+ bundle that i'm still paying for for some reason to catch up on some 30 for 30's that i missed. i watched "deion's double play" and "doc and darryl". they were both very good, can't believe i hadn't caught either one before now.

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Deion's was grandiose and surreal, fitting his character, but I thought he used that to avoid being honest. I thought it was very fake and hollow. He was in character most of the time.

Doc and Darryl was better but very dour, and naturally there was a lot of awkwardness between them. Hey, remember when we were young All-Star buddies? Now our lives have been destroyed and we're struggling with addiction. So. How's it going? That, just, wasn't ever going to go well. There just wasn't anything to be said between them.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll be adding ESPN+ to my Disney+ bundle in the fall when a) the Bundesliga comes to ESPN+ and b) my free year from Verizon expires

Luke02 likes this.
  14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I eventually on getting the Hulu bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+ (assuming it's still there) when my Disney+ D23 expires in two years. By then though I hope they have a Hulu Live deal that includes Disney+ and ESPN+ therefore I can get my cable bundled together too.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    agreed on the deion one, but i found it very entertaining regardless. great soundtrack.

also agreed on doc and darryl. it was a pretty rough watch. darryl seems like he's doing okay finally, but doc seems like he's still in a pretty rough place. still, it was captivating.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i know it's been hyped out of control because it's the only sports thing to talk about, but holy **** am i ready for this bulls documentary tonight. looks wild.

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Pretty sure ESPN is changing their name to EMJN(Entertainment and Michael Jordan Network).

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I haven't been watching The Last Dance, because I'm Jordaned out when it comes to the 90's Bulls. Ehhh. I also didn't watch that Celtics/Lakers series ESPN ran 2-3 years ago, because, you know, what new things could I possibly learn from that? I know enough. :p

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Whenever the intro was finished, the opposing team was already down ten points.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I prefer more obscure topics. Give me one on the 94 Expos.

DarthTunick , vin and JediVision like this.
  21. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I don't know if anyone wants the behind closed door stuff of Moises Alou pissing on his hands.

Luke02, vin and CT-867-5309 like this.
  22. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    I haven't followed 30 for 30 that much since it began; how many are there that could be "updated" since they first aired? They kinda-sorta did this one with the Believeland when they appended a montage of the reactions to the Cavs Game 7 over the Warriors. The XFL one could have a fascinating Afterword about the Corona-induced "failure" of revived XFL, which idea McMahon first floated at the end of the This Was the XFL.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Well they did a follow up about The U but they could also add on to the following episodes:

- "Raising Hell" and how the Cubs finally won the World Series 13 years after the Bartman fiasco.
    - "Pony Express" and how SMU was able to reach #15 in the polls again for the first time since they received the death penalty by the NCAA.
    - "The Price of Gold" and how Tonya Harding's life became a Hollywood film.
    "Year of the Scab" and about how the replacement players finally got their rings (think the 30 for 30 had a lot to do with that too).
    "Nature Boy" and how his daughter became part of the first all female Wreatlemania main event.
    "The Last Days of Knight" and his return back to IU.
    "O.J. Made in America" and how O.J. got parole from prison.

Perhaps a few more I am missing??

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think they did add a bit about the Cubs finally winning the World Series to Raising Hell, IIRC.

Luke02 likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Idea for a 30 for 30: Jameis Winston's 30 for 30 season last year. :p

Luke02 and CT-867-5309 like this.