main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Imperial Remnants & the First Order

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s my guess as well that he likely retried you get the remaining death troopers under his control.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It'd be cool if Gideon had some Imperial droids among his resources. Droids seem like the perfect alternative to ex Stormtroopers for muscle. I'm hoping for some Enforcer and Sentry Droids, maybe some Dark Troopers.

One of these guys in Live Action would be neat

[​IMG]

Vialco likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m hoping for a K-2 model or two. Perhaps the best droid designs in Star Wars, next to the IG series.

4. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I'd like to see some in-fighting between the remnants during Season 2, and more focus on the structure of these actual remnants.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Seeing how the Imperial remnants are broken up I think different groups trying to do their own thing is inevitable because that's to easy of a way to get on-demand antagonists to run into. The show is already using this formula. The last two episodes make it pretty clear infighting is going on in my opinion. I think getting caught in the middle of groups of imperials remnant literally trying to conquer one another could be pretty cool.

BRE and Sarge like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Agreed. Ever since RotJ came out, I've thought that the Rebel Alliance's final victory would hinge on the surviving factions of Imperials turning against each other. I've always envisioned that era as a time of political maneuvering, scheming, and black ops/false flag missions to get the bad guys to wipe themselves out.

Jolee Bindo likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, we saw that in Chapter 7 of season one. And then heard troopers talk about it in Chapter 8. And it was great. I’d like more of it as well.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    BRE likes this.
  8. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    Why aren't Moff Gideon and his faction with the other Imperials like Sloane and Brendol Hux, who are hiding out in the Unknown Regions at the time? Did they not get the memo, did they disagree with the plan to rebuild, or..?

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Because the galaxy is massive and complicated.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Because Moff Gideon is on special assignment to retrieve the Child for unknown reasons. Most likely because the Hidden Leader of the First Order has a great interest in Force-sensitive strandcasfs. Gideon has been assigned the mission of retrieving it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Final Order and Sith Eternal are kinda similar to the Dark Empire/Empire Reborn movement. While the First Order is kinda similar to the so-called Crimson Empire which in the EU was created out've the Dark Empire after the fall of the Clone Palpatine and Dark Side Elite with Kylo kinda being similar to Carnor Jax.

I still think Gideon is some sorta Inquisitor type and likely a Sith Loyalist so belongs more the the Final Order than the Imperial remnant that forms into the First Order(which actually still belongs to Palpatine anyway). The movies are weird.

Vialco likes this.
  12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Or he simply wasn't part of the group that was recalled to the UR and became the FO. We know that the Battle of Jakku was meant to "cleanse" the remaining Imperial forces of weak elements, perhaps Gideon was one of those. And now he's just another warlord trying to make a living.

Sarge likes this.
  13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    A living that involves expending great resources to capture a Force-Sensitive child? One whose power deems to be very strong?

I think not.

In light of TROS, it's clear why Gideon wants the Child and who he truly serves, even though he may not know it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Maybe he just wants the Child for himself, to somehow extract the Force sensitivity to himself. We know he has a lightsaber, perhaps he dreams of being the next Emperor.

There were plenty of crazy power hungry Imperial remnant warlords in the old EU with similar schemes.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just a simple warlord, trying to make his way in the galaxy.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I think it'd be more interesting to me if Gideon was "just" an independent warlord - it would add a bit of texture and complexity to the universe, which has been somewhat lacking in mainstream Star Wars titles - but I think it's far more likely that there'll be a familiar dark power behind him. The "shared universe" formula that Star Wars seems to be running on these days more or less demands it.

Sarge, Bor Mullet and Vialco like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed 100%. I don’t want the Mandalorian to get roped into the cartoonish Emperor plot from TROS. He’s a warlord that’s scarily ambitious and wants to somehow try to extract, for himself, some of the power he knows resides in Jedi and the Emperor. And so he’s trying out some desperate genetic solution. If he’s just working for the Sith Eternal, trying to resurrect Palpatine for some reason (I mean, why do that instead of trying to seize power himself?) it becomes a cartoonish galaxy where the bad guys are all just weird cult figures, rather than humans with realistic political and military ambitions.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Palpatine is already resurrected though. As he never died he just transferred his essence to a damaged weak clone body. I think he can still be his own person with his ideas and ambitions. But he's still indirect in contact with either Sith Eternal or the First Order. It be fun if he's independant, but i think it's more likley that him and other warlords has indirect contact with a higher power.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, but clearly Palpatine is too weak at this stage. While he might have some contacts, I’d prefer that he’s someone taking advantage of the collapse of the old power to seize power himself, rather than still serving it.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    since this is just a few years after ROTJ i think he's mostly in control and is in contact with them but he's in control. But i aslo think he sees the rise of a empire of order and safety like the empire was.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine we'll see some Snoke around but not Palpatine.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The last thing this show needs is Snoke’s dumb mug.

eko32eko7 and MrDarth0 like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    most likley we will have high ranking first order or sith eternal officer that Gideon reports to.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or neither of those (unless he’s actively deceiving them). Independent warlord is far more interesting.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Palpatine being too weak, has little to do with anything. He had Snoke around plus other agents of the Sith Eternal and Dark Side adepts. Moreover even a "too weak" Palpatine easily overwhelmed and defeated Kylo and Rey with just Force pull/throw technique , lol. The Sith Eternal is clearly very much active, even if shadowy within the Operation Cinder contingency and Sentinel Droids.Oddly enough Imperial Governor Moff Adelhard was right, the Emperor was alive. One has to wonder if he was connected to the Sith Eternal...