main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling that the covid crisis is accelerating and expanding the suite of TV projects. This makes me happy.

IlhamKamaruddin and GregMcP like this.
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'll tell you it just nice to see something coming up. I would love to see like a year or two of planned stuff that I can look forward too. So this is great

DarthKreVass and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ll take a Princess and the Frog Blasting Star Destroyers show if the princess is Leia and the frog is Raddus.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Oh heck yeah, I would love this, especially if took place hundreds of years ago and we got to see a bit of their origins. Seeing Dathomir in live action would be a dream come true as well.

5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How about if this is female centric tv show, why not make it about the night sisters of dathomir

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

These things still have to be filmed and official announced so don't count the chickens before they hatch. If anything you'd think they'd slow down....Lord knows when it'll be safe to start filming.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2020
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Obviously filming won’t really be possible now. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about project development. And a major acceleration in an already fast-moving trend of high quality streaming TV shows that the covid crisis is likely going to propel. Especially as the crisis is highly likely to significantly weaken theater-going. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of Lucasfilm’s film projects get converted to TV.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oooooh.....That make sense

Though the great irony of all this would be if that Kenobi series did become a movie like one rumor mentioned months ago ;p course I have a feeling that crisis pretty much made the decision for them...heh...heh.....bad joke X(

Well never seen Russian Doll, (Doesn't sound like my thing) but female Showrunner ...I'm all in for that.

Now get Noelle Stevenson on a Star Wars!

IlhamKamaruddin and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Weren’t there rumors about a Rose Tico series at some point? That could be an interesting avenue to explore. She’s a total blank slate post-TROS. They could really make the show whatever they wanted.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh well. Just binged all of Russian Doll. Fun little story. Groundhogs Day in New York essentially.
    From what I have read, Lesley is not THE creator of the series, but one of a few.
    It had sparky dialog, and heartfelt moments, and hey, I ate it all up in on sitting.

"it will be a female-centric series that takes place in a different part of the “Star Wars” timeline than other projects"

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d be down for a street-level “Rose Tico: Space Mechanic” show. Just life in the dingy but funky world of spaceship gearheads and speeder enthusiasts.

12. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    Hoping for a relic hunter like Laura Croft in Tomb Raider or female Indiana Jones. Timeframe, doesn’t matter to me....just hunting Sith and Jedi artifacts.

13. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Babu Frik's in the top billing, or I'm boycotting.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This makes me think of Pimp my Ride Starship.

cwustudent and ColemanKcajFTW like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think ti takes outise the Skywalker saga, soo it could before or after the saga and means we coul have jedi. yaay. between this and Ahsoka show it's great for more female leads.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    As long as we have a male-centric show, equality and all,lol.

In any case, too many Star Wars shows, sounds like supersaturation, supposedly one of the excuses with the "franchise fatigue" that KK/Iger used when they cut back on the anthology and one movie a year thing after SOLO bombed - and their others movies started making less and taking criticism galore.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We have 3 male centric tv shows so one female is no mutch.

18. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I totally read this as Rey in the Firefly (as in the Firefly class Serenity) and now that's in my head, too.

I'm just happy for some NEWS!! Until Mando S2 comes up soon, I feel like there's not enough to discuss! Clone Wars S7 is something I'd just rather watch, and the modern book series doesn't leave me very happy. Its serviceable. Even the new Thrawn books were merely pretty good, not the excellent I was hoping for.

I want either: post-ST, or so far removed from anything in the canon timeline that it doesn't have to worry at ALL about the Skywalker Saga. Old Republic would be cool; I'd love to see the Qel-Dromas, Exar Kun, Nomi, and Mandalore!

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How can there possibly be too many Star Wars shows when we a) don't know how many there actually are, and b) have no idea when they will actually come out?

Right now there is one show that will run this year, possibly two in 2021. There might be three in 2022 if the Cassian Andor show runs for more than one season and the Obi Wan show arrives that year, but even if that were true, Obi Wan is just a one-off and done after the year.

Not to mention that tv-shows are relatively detached from movies, so acting as if this has anything to do with the talk about too many movies simply makes little sense. It's like counting the animated shows, video games or books. That stuff has always been around as well, but none of them reach as much of an audience as the movies do.

20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    We could have 3 or 4 shows a year, and only get one at a time with gaps in between.

black_saber likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the ideal tv si star wars every 3 months wether animation and live action shows. Tv is a big part of Star wars future. We will probaly have movies but it will be rare and TV is where most of the action will happen. I hope for post ST, lets go forward with this. Movies can go backwards with their sith and jedi wars. but the tv shows can go forward establish how the galaxy moves on from tyranny after TROS. It could be about a young force sensetive needing a jedi or other force users to train her. Maybe this can be about how the jedi move forwards.

IlhamKamaruddin and black_saber like this.
  22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Lets hope there not limited series and have multiple seasons and each show to have spin offs.

By the way guys there is another Star Wars project coming from supposedly coming from JD Dillard as well.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  23. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm happy with one offs. Tell a good complete 8 part story.
    I think we will get a mix. The Mando will go on for some seasons, while Obi Wan sounds like single season story. That's fine.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Mostly Handless and black_saber like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Movie characters with long arc mini seriees new and just few years old who hasen't appeared in mutch get multi seasons.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It could be set during the High Republic era. I know they said "phase one" will be focused on publishing but the show will probably not air before 2022 or later so I think it's still possible.

Mostly Handless likes this.