main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF front desk

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hello all! How are things out there in Denver?

2. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, is there a new trailer out? There's another guy at work who is a big fan, and about a week ago he asked if I had seen the new trailer. All I could think of was the one that came out a while ago (with the evil laughter at the end). I didn't want to tell him that it had already been out a while. Or is there a new, new one that I haven't seen?

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Not that I know of!

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    That's what I thought. I know I am out of touch, but I think my coworker (though a huge fan) might be even more out of touch than I am! :p

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Maybe they're thinking of the recent Vanity Fair video? Also, there's been new footage of the upcoming video game. Not sure they'd mix that up with a movie trailer though.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nah, he did mention the new video game the other day though. Eh, who knows.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So...

I haven't posted in the RMFF for ages, but hey, I have old guy cred being a member going all the way back to 2002. Although, obviously, not super active (Darth Real Life, etc). I think the last time I did anything active with the group was 2009/2010. But, I am hoping for that lack if activity to change to a more active participation.

In that vein of discussion, things have been settling down with my family and its becoming increasing clear, however, as more time becomes available to do things with fellow Star Wars fans, our ability to make it to RMFF events in the Denver area is becoming less then able bodied (until, maybe, the highway construction is done between Colorado Springs & Castle Rock). With that said, I do have hopes & dreams of making it to a RMFF event, so I have a few questions so I can discuss it with my wife...

1) Aside from our Facebook events that pop up on my feed, do we have another medium of communication aside from the boards to find out about events, etc with the RMFF?

2) We live in Colorado Springs; do we have any events happening or members living in CS that I can hook up with to hang out?

Thank you for any help! :)[face_peace]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Hello there, welcome back!
    1) I would say pretty much here or Facebook are the main means of communicating upcoming events beyond the discussion at our monthly get togethers.

2) We haven't had a lot of activity lately from folks coming up from the Springs. We'd certainly be up for attending events there as our regular crowd hails from all over the metro area.

We have our Christmas party this Saturday then will be planning out 2020 events at next month's get-together.

Bravo and DieWompRatDie like this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you for the answer. :)

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Swinging by to say hi!

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Hello!

Taeriel likes this.
  12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Greetings, exalted ones. I hope you're doing well while confined to the Outer Rim. Hopefully, we can get back to normal life in the next month or so, but no guarantees.
    In the meantime...
    • New Clone Wars episode every Friday on Disney+ for the next month.
    • The 2nd and final season of Star Wars Resistance was recently added to Disney+
    • The Rise of Skywalker was released to digital download a few days earlier than the 3/17 date it was originally scheduled for. The blu-ray is still planned for 3/31 and there are a bunch of extras and behind the scenes featurettes already available for that.
    • The official Star Wars YouTube channel has put out a handful of videos recently, one of them is about a fan named Dale. (Not me, but a good nonetheless).
    • I finally watched a fan edit of Rogue One that added a crawl and removed Vader's dad joke amongst other changes, a real fun watch.
    • Battlefront II will be adding Scariff soon.
    • In the meantime, help us social distancing, you're my only hope.
    MTFBWY!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    With physical/social distancing, maybe online forums will make a comeback as people struggle to find places to connect to their fellow humans!

...naahhh

lol.

Bravo and he-guy like this.
  14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I think Facebook/Twitter/Instagram would have to crash and not be repaired... I think you'd have better odds successfully navigating an asteroid field.

15. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Just checking in for nostalgia's sake... nice to see Denver board still alive, though it seems people aren't as into message boards as they used to be.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    he-guy likes this.
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    It's interesting how Facebook has killed off message boards, but people still use a lor of social media now that is more anonymous like Twitter, Instagram, even Reddit I guess.

Also, congrats on 18 years on the boards!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Checking in to say HAPPY MAY THE 4TH!

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hi all!
    I see from FB that there is another Zoom meeting for the monthly get together this coming Sat. The online format means I have a chance to actually join an RMFF meeting for the first time in... sheesh, who knows how many ages? Miss you all, and hope to see some familiar faces!

I'd love it if the forums made a comeback. I've always mourned their loss and miss everything here.

he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The boards provide a level of privacy normal social media can't. Which, I think, is of the liking to certain people. I certainty like the privacy of the boards. With that said, its strange that FanForce forums have died off, yet other parts of the boards are alive and well.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hi everyone!