main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. Particularly the bit with Krennic walking through the water after her.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Bor Mullet knows your truth.

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hmmm, I've been trying to find the 2nd U-wing that got through the shield gate with no luck [face_thinking] It was probably just a victim of the the re-shoots... The U-wing with Bistan and the female pilot is the only one that gets any screen time down on Scarif.

4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Love the U-Wing, so damn much.

That and the fact we're getting Y-Wings again in tRoS, along with the awesome bombers in TLJ, are easily my most gleeful vehicle reactions of the new era stuff. Kinda hate all the glossy designed-by-Apple TIEs in the ST flicks. The FO destroyers are cool though.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I hate almost every FO design. Everything is so clean that it never looks like anyone has actually been in a battle...

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Lord-Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  7. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Which sort of makes sense in a way, given the NR doesn't take them seriously and haven't engaged.

All the same, it's just way too clean. I wouldn't have minded them like painting up all the TIEs and capital ships white or blue or whatever, totally different theme/regalia, but in general the "plastic-y" look to the TIEs just looks pretty lame. Take a regular OT TIE, give it to Steve Jobs, see what comes out the other side. Blahhh.

Still, that TIE Silencer and the Supremacy are pretty sweet.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If anybody is interested, there was an event this past week about the making of Rogue One. I meant to post about it when I first learned about it, but it totally slipped my mind. Anyways, it was called "Galactic Innovations: Star Wars and Rogue One" put on by the Oscars. It was basically an extended panel about many of the visual effects in Rogue One. It was livestreamed, and they had the stream up for the last couple of days, but I guess they took it down now.

Here's an unofficial stream (don't know how long it will stay up):

And an article about the event:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...sRFIGyOiKAjrrWZZQShbcD15KGX52mWlJKVaj1A0rQHbo

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Even better A pilot with the last name Rendar is mentioned in one of the comics Marvel is doing set post Solo.

Indications we could get some type of remimagined version(like we have with the reimagined Thrawn and imperial inquistion both of whuch existed in slightly diferent forms in the old EU) or a recanonizationof shadows are pretty good

We have the following
    The outrider is seen in ANH on Tatooine since the Special editions were first released.

A character based on Xizor concept art is in the podrace crowd shots un The Phantom Menace.

The still canon clone wars cartoon restiblished the existence if the Black Sun and that the leaders where Falleen. They also resemble old eu art work for Falleen.

Now a recent Solo comic mentions a rival of Han's with the surname Rendar.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Iron_lord and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The first newcanon reference that uses Dash Rendar's full name, is Tales from Vandor:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dash_Rendar

Apparently the Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual, when updated to newcanon, also made it clear that the ship in ANH Special Edition is the Outrider:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Outrider

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    TCF-1138 , PCCViking and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  11. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Rewatched Rogue One again in the week prior to the TROS. I had to come post here because damn, Rogue One is so freaking good. IMO, easily the best SW film released since ROTJ (and it's arguably better than ROTJ). Rogue One captures the OT aesthetic so perfectly that it's almost more OT than the actual OT. I also think it's one of the few truly great SW films. Even if you hate the ST I think the Disney sale was worth it just for RO. I can't imagine watching ANH without watching RO first at this point.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My personal view is that The Last Jedi is the best piece of filmmaking to come out of the Disney-era, and Solo might honestly be my favorite of the new films and the one I'd choose to keep if I had to wipe the others from existence (so long as I got a sequel or two out of it), but Rogue One is without a doubt the movie that makes Star Wars feel the most real to me. In no other movie or other piece of media does the Galaxy Far, Far Way feel more like a tangible, tactile world that you could visit and walk around in if you had the hypderdrive to take you there.

Lulu Mars and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wait, what - Dash Rendar is canon? Awesome!

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Re-watching this on Disney+ in 4K with hdr. It's still such a tasty looking movie. The cinematography is absolutley gorgeous. I just adore the look of this movie so much. I tend to like the ending less and less with each watch, but it's still my favorite of the Disney films.

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz did a commentary on Rogue One hosted by IGN. Lot of interesting info on the early shape the movie took in the earliest drafts, which extended to some of the initial filming, as well as changes that were implemented once Tony Gilroy came on board.

https://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-commentary/

16. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I like the fact that Diego Luna is desperately trying to hide a grin behind his hand when K2-SO slaps him in Jedha City. I think I read that Alan Tudyk improvised part of the scene and Luna’s surprised / amused expression is for real.

MotivateR5D4 and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Hutts and Dantooine and Memory Eaters, oh my!

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    LOL, Never judge a book by its cover.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Maybe his movie is Rogue one related?

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I bet it’s being morphed into a TV show. Star Wars is doubling down hard on streaming, and it’s the smartest thing possible right now.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet it's about Saw Guerra and his more terrorist group as theempire say.

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Liking the ending less? In what way? I'd say RO has the best ending from any of the films.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Not big on everyone dying, especially since they all die via explosion outside of K2. I would have liked to see those characters continue on past the initial Death Star fight. Mando is great, but film wise I didn't really care for any new characters not from R1, so it sucked to have them all die and be removed from the board.

24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Are they really removed from the board though?
    Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda all died in the OT, didn't prevent them from reappearing in the PT, and in Yoda's case even the ST. Cassian died in Rogue One, now he will appear in a show of his own, along with K2.

While it could have been nice to see more about some of the characters, I think the movie would have been quite a bit weaker if some of them had survived.

Jedi Knight Fett, Sarge, EHT and 2 others like this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. It’s a war movie with real sacrifices, not fakeouts. And as you say, the past is a refuge for them.