main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena A Basketball Draft Tournament.

Discussion in 'Community' started by a star war, Apr 24, 2020.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    If you're like me, the disappearance of sports has gone completely unnoticed. If you're not like me, you might be disappointed that the NBA season came to an abrupt halt. Don't fret, I am here to fill your void.

It's time for another NBA Draft! In case you don't know what that is, here are the previous versions:

The First Draft, won by @EmpireForever (Able to draft any player any time)
    The Second Draft, won by @tom (Limited to only players from the 2012-13 NBA Season)
    The Third Draft, won by @tom (Back to any player, any time)
    The Fourth Draft, won by @PRENNTACULAR (auction style Franchise Acquisition)
    The Fifth Draft, won by @Point Given (Franchise restricted rounds draft)

It wouldn't be fair to current NBA players for us to hold a complete season, drafting whoever we want from whenever we want while they sit at home, bored out of their minds in their enormous manors. It also doesn't help that when locking up after the last draft, someone left the door to the refrigerator where we keep the stem cells open, spoiling most of the reserves. Our ability to clone historical players in the prime of their life will be limited.

To start, we'll need Participants. Those are:

1) The Commish - That's me. I'm going to keep the draft going by moving along the selection process (see below), posting games, posting results, and generally keeping the game moving forward.
    2) The GMs - that's you. 8 or 12 of you. You'll assemble your team, put together lineups, and respond to the ebbs and flows in your attempts to win

Here are the Rules:

1) The Standard Wilt Chamberlain Rule is in effect. he's capped at 30 minutes per game for target minutes
    *this worked pretty well last time. If you decide to take him not from one of those seasons, the cap doesn't apply

2) Every GM will be allocated just TWO all-time player picks. The remaining TEN picks must be players from the 2018-2019 season (the 2019-2020 season is not yet in the sim). These picks can be made in any order, at any time, but you may not exceed 2 all-time players on your roster. You CANNOT trade for an additional all-time player, but you CAN choose to pull all 12 active players for your roster from the 2018-2019 season.

3) the draft will be a standard snake draft for 12 rounds. GMs will have a 12 man active roster, as well as 50 Inty Bucks to sign additional players at 10 Inty Bucks ea. Additional players over 12 will be placed on an Inactive roster and can be activated by deactivating a corresponding player on the active roster. Inactive players are not necessary. You have no obligation to spend your Inty Bucks.

4) the tournament will consist of a bracket of 8-12* teams. Each matchup will involve a best of 7 series between the teams facing off. The winner of the series will advance to the next round, until there is a champion.
    *depending on signups

5) to establish seeding, the teams will play a preliminary 10 game series against the 2016 Golden State Warriors. The team with the best record will be #1, and so on down the line, with a point-differential tie-breaker. Higher seeds will hold series home court advantage, with series play resembling NBA playoff structure. Speaking of home court, GMs will have the option of naming which court they want to ball in. on. for home games.

6) The GMs will have the chance to change player minutes and starting lineups after 5 placement games, and between every tournament game.

7) there will be Free Agency windows after the initial draft, after the placement games, and between each series of tournament games. There will be a trade window during the draft, before the 10 placement games, and after the 10 placement games, and will close before the tournament officially begins. If you or a trade partner do not have 2 all-time players at the time of the trade, an all-time player can be traded for one or more 2018 players, but only if both teams remain within the 2 all-time player limit.

8) This isn't a rule, but if you have any interest in recapping games, let me know and I will send you the box scores to post and comment on. You will not be allowed to recap your own games, if you are a player.

Finally,

The winner of the championship game will be given a parade in their honor, but the participants will be asked to remain in their vehicles and no one will be allowed to congregate--but you get to honk your horns, and that's pretty neat. also you will get colors for a week probably. I don't know, I have no power over that. You'll have to ask a mod, because I can't help you there.

But, before we get to any of that, we need to finish the preliminary phase. Sign-ups!

Once We have our GMs set, we will being. To sign-up, just copy the list and add your name.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9*)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

ROSTERS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2020
    Point Given likes this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    1) PG
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9*)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9*)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9*) dp4m (I'll fill in if you need past 8 and/or an odd number)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

5. a star war

May 4, 2016
    tell your friends!

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey, did you know that you're running a basketball draft? It's cool, you should check it out...

7. a star war

May 4, 2016
    aw, shucks

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3) tom
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Just to clarify, this is a game where I can only take one Shaq?

11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    No, you can take 2 shaqs if you want, but the rest of the players have to be shaqsessors.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    mnjedi and dp4m like this.
  12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You can take twelve Shaqs. Just ten of them will need to wear costumes to look like Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Russell Westbrook, Dame Lillard, etc.

LloydChristmas and a star war like this.
  13. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3) tom
    4) Wangalang
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

I require vengeance. And a shrubbery.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3) tom
    4) Wangalang
    5) heels
    6)
    7)
    8)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

i'll win this one for sure.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And Lucy is going to let Charlie Brown kick the football

Wang Chi, heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  16. a star war

May 4, 2016
    This is for basketball not football

17. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3) tom
    4) Wangalang
    5) heels
    6) mnj
    7)
    8)
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

My basketball knowledge, is not elite. But, hey this seems fun so I’ll play.

18. a star war

May 4, 2016
    @DarthIntegral can you open your commissioner address book and @ any parties which might be interested?

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. a star war

May 4, 2016
    He is such a coward!

21. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    1) PG
    2)inty
    3) tom
    4) Wangalang
    5) heels
    6) mnj
    7)
    8) RX_Sith
    10*)
    11*)
    12*)

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Sorry, but it's a no go for me; not a fan of picking (even with 2-legacy choices) from just one season.

23. a star war

May 4, 2016
    alright live your life.

24. a star war

May 4, 2016
    well it's obvious this was a mistake and no one wants to play and it's never gonna happen.

Alright I'm bored, it's back on.

Just need 1 more technically. If we get 2 more then dp gets to play, and no one wants that. But if we get 3 he still can't play, so.

DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Or I'll fill in now because you're an odd number. :p

a star war likes this.