main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which SW actor loves their character the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bor Gullet, Apr 27, 2020.

?

Which SW actor loves their character the most? Who is the best custodian of their role?

1. Carrie Fisher

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Mark Hamill

24 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Anthony Daniels

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Peter Mayhew

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Joonas Suatamo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Temeura Morrison

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Billy Dee Williams

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Ewan McGregor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ray park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Ian McDiarmaid

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  11. Other, Why?

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Who is the best custodian of their role? Who really enjoys, understands and takes great care in how
    their character is perceived?

Personally I can't look much beyond Anthony Daniels. It's the man's entire life.

Blobofat likes this.
  2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'd go with Mark Hamill or Ashley Eckstein.

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Ford. You can really tell how seriously he takes the role. o_O

Hamill or Jackson.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Bor Gullet likes this.
  4. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Lol. Harrison was the first person i Thought of NOT putting on there. But then again, when you watch his later interviews where he discusses how Han's destiny is complete at the end you see he actually does give a cr*p.

I would say Alec Guinness gave the least .

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Nah, I think Hugh Quarshie and Terence Stamp give much less of a rat's *** than AG ever did.

Daniels, Eckstein and Hamill might very well be the top three, though.

Lord-Skywalker and Bor Gullet like this.
  6. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Seems i should have put Eckstein in the poll.

For some reason i never thought of voice actors.

I don't know much about her, does she show a lot of love ?

Has to be said Joonas absolutely adores playing Chewie.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  7. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Oh yes! She has completely embraced Ahsoka as a part of her and devotes a lot of her time to Star Wars, Disney and all the fans.
    She has even founded Her Universe, a fashion & lifestyle brand for fangirls: https://www.heruniverse.com/

Oh, and check this out:

She's made it her mission to say that Star Wars is for everyone, to make a community where all fans feel comfortable regardless of gender. A real trooper, that one! :ahsoka:[face_love]

8. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Impressive! Most Impressive. I get why they picked Rosario Dawson however, in terms of fame to a général audience (and being a good actress too). I wonder will she Wear blue contact lenses ?

9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Hm, good question! That remains to be seen, I guess.

Bor Gullet likes this.
  10. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Ashoka is easily the best animated SW character now that i think of it.
    And i probably like her more than any of the sequel characters, but then again she has had far more time to for her character to be developed so that may not be entirely fair.

11. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    For me it has to be Anthony Daniels simply because C-3PO barely appears in anything without being portrayed by his original actor, and that’s a rare feat for a Star Wars character. Not only does he do the canon stuff like TCW and Rebels etc, but he also voices all the many LEGO Star Wars appearances and even made an appearance on Robot Chicken Star Wars as well. He even does some video game work on top of that, for example the 2015 Battlefront. There’s very few other characters in any of those that are voiced by the original actor. Billy Dee does Lando in Robot Chicken and John Boyega does Finn in Battlefront 2 but those are the only two that stand out in my mind.

La Calavera, Lulu Mars and Bor Gullet like this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I voted Anthony Daniels for obvious reasons. But almost chose Ewan McGregor because whenever he talks about the role, he’s always saying how much fun he had and how much he’d love to do it again - and looks like he got his wish! Mark Hamill was another close choice.

But I 100% agree with everyone saying Ashley Eckstein too. She’s amazing!

Samuel L. Jackson should’ve definitely been on the poll. You know he’d be back in a heartbeat if he was asked.

Also Pedro Pascal should’ve been too. He said something along the lines of this being a dream come true. And he seems to be nailing the role so far.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  13. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Anthony Daniels and Ashley Eckstein, its a tie.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    - Anthony Daniels
    - Mark Hamill
    - Samuel L. Jackson
    - Ashley Eckstein
    - Sam Witwer (as Maul)

Come to mind the most. Not in any order.

15. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Denis Lawson as well really doesn't seem like he's into it. However, maybe that's not true given his appearance in The Rise of Skywalker.

As for who loves their character, Ian McDiarmid seems to really get what makes Palpatine tick. He had an interview with Pablo Hidalgo back when Revenge of the Sith was coming out that that I believe shows this pretty clearly.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  16. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    Ashley Eckstein. She loves Ahsoka and even know that characters lore (not all voice actors, or even actors, go out of their way to learn it).
    Next up would be Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, and Ray Park.

17. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Billy dee personifies lando. His suave debonair personality sums him up. He just seemed to love the role of the baron of cloud city and he seemed to be enjoying himself in the rise of skywalker

18. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    You gotta throw Warwick Davis in here, right?

Otherwise the repeated answers are totally correct. I might add a few from the voice actor side: James Arnold Taylor loved doing Obi-Wan and kept the TCW flame alive during the "hiatus" in a big way. And Vanessa Marshall really was Hera and was very vocal about the role as a dream come true. REBELS was a relatively short lived show so that might be forgotten, but the character has had a lot of appearances in other media and I think that owes a lot to her performance and advocacy. She's probably third in line behind Ahsoka and Rex as an animated character with storyline importance beyond her own show.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  19. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Didn't Ewan trash the prequels in several interviews? So I'm not so sure about him.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Big shout out to Warwick Davis, he's probably top tier along Hamill and Daniels. Jackson would absolutely come back, someone make the Boba Fett and/or Vader vs. crazy one handed hobo Jedi Master Windu of the Courscant lower levels movie!

Felicity Jones seems to have positive things about Jyn and that's even with reshoots.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    darthfettus2015 likes this.
  21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I have to agree with @Bor Gullet. C-3PO is Anthony Daniels' life. No one but him wears the suit. No one but him voices 3PO (with exception of a few video games)

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    There are people who are very happy with the livelihoods their characters have given them.
    I'm sure Warrick enjoys getting into an alien costume every couple of years.
    Anthony Daniels surely loves the paycheck, but I wonder if he misses a career doing other roles (Why hasn't he? Some very rare one off appearances in TV shows.)

The cast of Rogue One seem especially happy with their roles. Forest Whitaker sounds like he loved getting his bit in Star Wars.
    And they seem to have avoided the fandom warfare that ruins the lives of Saga actors.

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Ashley Eckstein. She's very protective of Ahsoka, while willing to let her grow and develop over many stories.

GregMcP likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with Anthony Daniels-the way he describes playing the part, seems the most like he and the character 3PO are truly ONE.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  25. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    Just take a look on TROS making of: Anthony Daniels is C-3PO. The figure is really important to him.

But I have to say also Ian McDiarmid seems pretty caring and proud for his appearance as Darth Sidious. I think it's big fun for him.

Honorable mention maybe Billy Dee Williams. It had major importance to him that Donald Glover hits his figure in the Solo movie. Also he literally loved to come back in the big finale.