main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I thought of a really good question to ask in the middle of the night last night, and now I can't remember what it was. :(

Do you have any hobbies outside of writing?

If you could do anything as a job without worry about skill, knowledge, accessibility, etc., what would you do?

Anedon and devilinthedetails like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just realised that a grim-dark variation of this could be that the Marines saves the artists, philosophers and scientists knowledge by eating them and gaining their knowledge thanks to the omophagea and later write it all down. Maybe they only do this when they cant save the artists/philosophers/scientists or all the time to save space/time and themselves gain knowledge.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Probably riding my bike home from work on Friday, happy I had finally made it trough the week. Also being able to sleeping late. :)

A few things, probably the most was me thinking back to one of my favourite radio comedies and listening to a few episodes of it.

That sounds like a shame, maybe you´ll remember it soon. :)

Riding my bike, playing video games both alone and with friends and reading of course. :)

Hm, don´t know, would probably say professional author if this not needing skill basically means I could live of my work. So I would kind of do that release my original fiction, and maybe even my SW works if that where possible. Also like one of my favourite authors I would probably keep my privacy a secret, maybe not even sharing a picture of mine, just keeping that aura of mystery while living my own life unrecognized and undistrubed. Would also be fun a book exhibitions and things like this to attent the reveal of my new works just as any other fan.

A bit too dark for my taste, especially if they are supposed to hail from the Sons. That isn´t really their way, and it neither was the Timurids, they apparently tended the arists/scientist quite well. Also the Omophagea as far as I remember usually only gives some very basic informations like the very last memories and some strong emotions a person harbored in life. The only ones that seem to go deeper are Soul Drinkers and Space Wolve related Mariens, both don´t really fit with the Thousand Sons at all.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

Least favoured kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

some more WH40k questions:
    Favourite Space Marine Chapter/s?

Favourite Chaos/Renegade Space Marine groups?

Any Astra Militarum regiment/s you are found of?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Depends, I like some very out there concepts, like I like Eriadu as this world of an utterly wrecked environment, like a mixure of utterly deadly wilderness and basically a grabadge dumping place. Tuchanka from Mass Effect is another example of this. Also like city worlds, these shimmering towers are always great, like Coruscant or Ilium in ME. Night worlds like Umbara are also very intresting. Also largley untained wilderness like we see on Dathomir can be pretty cool too, finaly ice worlds, tough preferably at night with polar lights.

Tired of Desert worlds to be entirely honest, really overused in my opinion. Or just plain forrests, grassland, like I don´t find Naboo´s environment really intresting.

Iron Hands, just like their entire lore, their connection to the Adeptus Mechanicus, their believe in technology. Also just the sheer tragedy of Ferrus Manus who wanted to fix his arms and get his Legion off the path of turning themselves into cyborgs but now after his death they do the oppositte. Also have some fondness of the Ultramarines as my real introduction to 40k was the Ultramarine novels by Graham McNeil(which I would still recommend as a great starting point). Also apprechiate the White Scars for their loyality to the Thousand Sons during the Horus Heresy, just makes one think what could have been. Pretty intrigued by the Raven Guard or at least Corax, want to do some reading on that in the future.
    As for minor chapters I like there would be the Red Scorpions, Knights of Blood and Mortifactors.

Well Thousand Sons of course. ;)
    Also have a certain fondness for the Word Bearers, who are of course also a legion related to the Thousand Sons. But probably my favourite non Son´s traitors would be The Fallen Angels, tough not sure if you could call them outright chaos(at least not all of them), but they have such a cool lore and intresting characters from Luther over Cypher to Astelan, really hope GW doesn´t ruin them too many informations come up, especially after the Arvida equals Janus reveal.
    Also currently planning to read the trilogy on Fabius Bile in the not too distant future, really intrigued on how they turned him from just a chlichee sadist who hurts people for fun, into having kind of a point and a goal.

Maccabian Janissaries would come to mind. Really like their lore and design with the face masks, also how they are kind of faith militant forces despite that being essentially forbidden. Also being related to one of the very few male imperial saints also has them kind of stand out. Would also mention the 252nd Kauravan Conservators as they where the first DoW campaign I ever played. And finally a shout out to Lord General Castor from Dawn of War Retribution for being like the only commander of noble birth in the entire Astra Militarum not presented as either evil and/or incompetend(and being Creeds Cousin ;) ).

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fully understand that.

Maybe, but we know that they did it (like all SM), and if the Ultramarines can spawn a successor chapter like the Mortifactors can the TS spawn something that's a bit different. And we know that the TS had a high regard of knowledge and willingness to do some shady things for what they think is right.

I think it has depended on the book. Also, it seems that it's at least to somepart psychic-power based, so it's possible that a chapter strong in that area maybe get more information than other.

Space Wolves? Is it the not (of the founding Legions) the Blood Angels that have been mentioned to have overdeveloped omophagea-organ? Where has it been mentioned that the SW have a strong omophagea?

To beat on my own drum do I have to ask if you have read my fanon post about nightworlds?

Fully agree with you.

He has always had a point and a goal. His will to create a new kind of SM and humanity was part of his lore from the beginning.

Anedon likes this.
  7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Sure, but being pointlessly curel isn´t the Sons way at all. So just killing fellow inetelectuals doesn´t seem to be in their playbook. One thing I could see is them ritually eating these people after they died of natural causes to imortalize them and their memory. Also as for the Mortifactors remember that either both or at least one of the two lost legions where absorbed into the Ultramarines, thus it wouldn´t suprise me if in truth they aren´t birthed from Guilliman´s stock at all.

Not sure of this but yeah the various different books present various different froms of lore that is true, people call SW a mess in therms of EU but Warhammer is a completly different level, that said GW approach of "everything is canon, nothing is (nessesarily) true" is better than SW having people like Luceno and Hidalgo come up with ellaborate mental gymnastics/handwaves to make everything fit.

One of the Ahriman books features a Space Wolf character getting quite a lot of info from a corpse if I remember correnctly.

Not very much but I think to remember you put one of mine up there as well. Might have a closer look in the near future.

Sure of that? I seek to remember he just wanted to improve SM for mainly two reasons, a) to expand his own power by having stronger minions and b) was a devout Slanesh worshipper and thus enjoyed the pain he caused. Both is gone in the modern lore, he does not worship the chaos gods and his goal is actually to create a new mankind strong enough to survive without having to worship curel and uncaring gods, a future in which he himself acknowledges he has no place in, which shows he is doing what he does not for his own sake.
    Kinda similiar to Ahirman, in the old lore he was a Tzeench worshipper who wanted to get into the Black Library for power, now he is trying to do it to safe his legion, a goal he is totally willing to die for as the Ahirman novels show.
    Feel that´s really the best thing about the HH that they really humanized several chaos/renegade space marines, from just being chlichee villians who just wanted power and enjoy suffering(of course those are still around as well but its not just them anymore).

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I remembered what my question was from the other night:

If you had your own spaceship, what would you name her and why?

9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Hm always liked the name "Endurance" like the ship of Arctic Explorer Ernest Shackleton, so I would probably take that. At least if its a larger ship, not sure if I would give a simple star fighter a name, maybe using something from the german mythology like "Valkyrie" or something like that(actually established the Vakyrie as a ship type of the Eriaduans in my fanon tough).

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you for an excellent interview, @Anedon. =D=

Our next interviewee is the delightful @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, one of the sweetest authors and reviewers we have on these boards. To start our interview, I have the following questions:

1. You're known for writing wonderful Luke/Mara stories. What attracts you to this couple, and what do you love writing about them?
    2. What is your favorite Star Wars planet and why?
    3. If you could time travel, would you rather travel to the past or to the future, and why?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you for the questions @devilinthedetails @};-
    1. You're known for writing wonderful Luke/Mara stories. What attracts you to this couple, and what do you love writing about them?
    I loved Mara's back story; how she was the Emperor's Hand but never ever succumbed to the darkness, how Luke believed in her from the start.
    I love writing their journey of love from start to finish.

2. What is your favorite Star Wars planet and why?
    Hmmm. Alderaan is my favorite. It is lovely and has a cultural stance of peace and altruism that I admire.

3. If you could time travel, would you rather travel to the past or to the future, and why?
    Traveling to the future would be fascinating to see what things have changed.

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    As time travel has been mentioned, is there any specific time period you think would be interesting to visit?

If you could visit the GFFA, who would you like to meet and what places would you like to explore?

If you could visit the original Trekverse?

If you could visit the Kelvinverse?

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As time travel has been mentioned, is there any specific time period you think would be interesting to visit?

Not necessarily a time period but a context where certain discoveries in science were occurring such as those by Isaac Newton or where particular art forms were in full blossom such as wood cuts in the Orient.

If you could visit the GFFA, who would you like to meet and what places would you like to explore?

I would love to meet Han, Leia, and Luke, Mara and Karrde. Places to explore: Naboo and Chandrila.

If you could visit the original Trekverse?

The crew of the Enterprise on their missions.

If you could visit the Kelvinverse?
    Same, and to see how things diverged culturally and personally. I would bask unashamedly in the romance and bond of Spock/Uhura.

In particular, the ramifcations for Sarek would be interesting to explore.

Favourite non-human species and why?

Chiss ... they're an elaborate culture with rules and stratification but you always get the sense there's more under the surface.

Favourite SW culture and why?
    I like the Alderaanian culture because it has principles that govern their interactions with one another and the worlds outside.

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I like the Dragonriders of Pern, and I would like to see that kind of telepathic partnership between sentients bound by affection and loyalty used to achieve a worthwhile goal.

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I like the ancient Greek culture; it's full of science and philosophy as well as unique art.

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?
    Ooh, I'd give H/L and Luke happy-ever-afters in any continuity. [face_love]

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?
    I like the transporter.

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?
    For meat pie: chicken. Fruit pie: apple. Just plain sweet: pecan.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    SW species/culture/planet with best fashion?

A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Not really interested in the fashion thing, more interested in the practical side of flight suits etc. ;) I do like it when Leia or Mara dress up for the night out with their guys. :D

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    If you could have one more book in the Ledgends continuity, what/who would it be about?

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    NO BRAINER!!! It would be about Mara Jade. In the Legends continuity, I always wished we got one about Leia--and in the new canon, we got a very nice Leia-centric novel about Leia as a teen. :cool: But Mara either in the new canon or as a retro for the Legends, would be FANTASTIC! [face_love]

Another character that would be fun to explore would be Kyp Durron. [face_laugh] I know @Adalia-Durron would agree. [face_mischief]

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    =P~ wipes lips...........Sorry. [face_blush]

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Favorite meal?

Are there any fandoms you love to read but don't write in?

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character/s in the ST deserve to get their story told?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite meal?
    If you mean meal of the day, I'd say breakfast. I love waffles with Nutella or an omelet--Greek is my favorite.
    For any meal throughout the day - favorite hands down is sushi.

Are there any fandoms you love to read but don't write in?
    I like Battlestar Galactica and sci-fi by particular authors like Asimov and McCaffrey, but their worldscapes do not inspire me to fill in the blanks or rewrite anything. ;)

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?
    Not sure if this is Legends, EU, or what LOL but I love the Ashla/Bogan description; it's more of a belief system than a tradition as far as use of the Force. [face_thinking]

What, now Legend, non-human species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?
    Ithorians and also the Lasat.

Which background character/s in the ST deserve to get their story told?
    Amilyn Holdo.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite parings in SW ?

Favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

Any parings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favourite parings in SW?
    Han/Leia; Luke/Mara; Jaina with Jag; Anakin/Tahiri.

Favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?
    SQUEE. Out. Loud. Spock/Uhura. Forever.

Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.
    Kyp with Mara. :D

Any pairings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.
    Lando/Mara. Zekk with Jaina.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW? And why?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW? And why?