main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Right, but should we even be looking at greatness? It tends to be thought of in terms of power and strength which are not things Jedi should be celebrating.

Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Great people are not always powerful in strength or the power the wield.

Take Ghandi for example, a humble man who never strive'd for more than he needed, yet he achieved great things. He taught millions to look beyond themselves to be grateful and to be humble.

Ananta Chetan, Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  4. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    IMAGE OF MAHATMA GHANDI
    for comparison to He-Man and She-Ra

Sarge likes this.
  5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Gandhi is an interesting choice, most "great" historical figures have a dark side, and he's no exception. Greatness isn't goodness, and the universe isn't simple. I'd rather have an order aspiring to goodness than to greatness, and looking back on good members over great ones.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Another example. ;)

8. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Some historical figures have had great responsibility thrust on their shoulders. Leadership is not about controlling other people. Leadership is about serving others and inspiring them.

A leader must serve at the will of the people rather than their own whim or fanciful notions. The leader who attempts to insulate himself or herself from criticism does not want to cope with the ramifications of their own agenda. Leadership agendas, policies, and determinations impact people's lives.

A good leader knows how to digest the steps necessary to reach sound decisions in problem-solving. The leader who eschews regulated processes, combines steps, with statements that bring confusion rather than clarification is at-risk for following into tyranny.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well said @Tython Awakening - I believe there are some World Leaders on this planet who could learn that, but at this stage I suspect its way too late as listening is their biggest downfall. That and two things I have found good leaders have that many others do not. Empathy and Morals.

Sarge and Tython Awakening like this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm going to put my 2 cents in to my own force task because why not?

I remember the time @Rebecca_Daniels led my class of Padawans to illum, it was a fun role play experience that allowed us to develop our characters. It also had an integratory affect between the threads for me since I used one of my experiences from the RPG (The Shadow War at the time), in the creation of my lightsaber which really made everything feel interconnected to me.

It also happens to be the mission that put me over the top in force points

While the conversation that followed is certainly an interesting one, in the spirit of the original question I'm inclined to go with the cliché answer and say Grand Master Yoda. He led the Jedi Order for hundreds in peace, and though he also witnessed its collapse, he still taught some of the wisest and most significant Jedi in history most notably Luke Skywalker who continued the Jedi tradition after him.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  11. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    This reminds me to share some of my memorable experiences.

In December 2017 we did a role-play where three of us went to Endor as padawans. It was memorable putting together the narrative of getting there and coming back.

We also had a thread where every one showed up with a Wookie avatar. There was a Sith Wookie who crashed the party and threw his dung all over the place to voice his disrespect. If I remember right, we did that for Life Day one year.

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    In terms of potential I´ll go quite controversial and say Jacen Solo. His kind heart nicely complimented his empathetic abilities, he stood against ignorance and always favored having an open mind instead of just trying to paint the universe black and white as his siblings would do. He was also very pacifistic, seeing violence only as a last resort and emphasizing that Jedi aren't warriors and that they stand for peace, knowledge and forgiveness instead. Its fitting that in the end the Yuzzahn Vong a species with such a different mindset to the rest of the galaxy and absolutely no regard for other beings life saw Jacen as the literal embodiment of mercy. But alas as we all know in the end its often the best and most pure that end up being corrupted by darkness and so the paragon fell into darkness.

So if it comes to my official answer I´ll be controversial again and say Mace Windu, for he did not make the mistakes that lead Jacen into the darkness. Given the chance he chose to act as a Jedi instead of doing the pragmatic thing. He did not kill Dooku when he had the chance in AotC, a decision that would go on to haunt him as it could have stopped the Clone Wars right then and there. But that isn't the way a Jedi should act, if we throw away our morals on grounds of pragmatism we do the exact mistake that lead Jacen into the darkness. Mace Windu passed the test Jacen failed at and thus in my opinion he is the greatest Jedi of all time and I can only recommend giving Shatterpoint the novel most centered around Mace and this conflict a read.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bardan_Jusik and Anedon like this.
  14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *serves cashews as a snack to everyone*

[face_whistling]

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Fair enough..........hey I'm nuts, but at least I'm an expensive and tasty nut!!

Kyber Acyk and Sarge like this.
  16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Thats nuts.[face_hypnotized]

Edit: Aww, Adi beat me to the pun.:p

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey, isolation for nearly 7 weeks now will do that to a person.......I dread to think what would be happening if I didn't have this place for the internet in general..........my son is very grateful for both as well, otherwise he'd probably be dead.

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I haven't been awarded points for anything recent.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Check the main thread.[face_whistling]

Tython Awakening likes this.
  20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Found that. That puts me into a new "point-decade."

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    sneezes

so much dust..........what happened? A whole month!!??

23. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am to fellow Jedi..................Sith not so much........I have teeth. ;)

25. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Does impressive Jedi stuff.

:D

BookExogorth likes this.