main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.12 - Victory and Death (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. 10

59.3%
  2. 9

20.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 7.12!!
    Victory and Death
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The final The Clone Wars episode airs on Monday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I can't believe we are 24 hours away from the end of what has been one of the best tv shows ever AND ending on one of the best Star Wars movies (let's face it, it is) ever. Can't wait but don't want it to end.

3. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I hope this episode is longer than the other episodes.Like at least 45 minutes.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh, it hurts to see SERIES FINALE screaming at me in the thread title. I can't believe its here. Cryptic screencap there. Sneaking around? I'm surprised there is one for this episode.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    This is bringing back so many memories of younger me watching The Clone Wars movie for the first time and thinking: What the hell is this stuff? Then once Season 3 came around I loved the show so much and was upset about Season 6 being the “end” Now it’s 12 years later and I’m finally seeing the end of my favorite show.

6. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Lok'Tar Ogar!

Shadao likes this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Well, I can't be really sad, because for about 5 years I did not think we would ever see any Clone Wars episodes ever again anyway. When they announced Season 7, the message was vague, and it was on purpose unspecified whether we would only get 1 more season or more than that. I was hoping for 2.

[​IMG]

However, now that the season is coming to an end, I am not going to lie, I WANT MORE. But the only reason I want more, is because through these forums, I was actually informed that there are 10 story arcs (for a potential 35-40 episodes) that will almost certainly never see the light of day. If it weren't for that information, I would actually not feel sad AT ALL.

I have always seen The Clone Wars as one more piece of the Star Wars puzzle. I love a good closure. I am ok with things ending. I am perfectly happy with getting one more season of very high quality (yes, even the Martez sisters arc) content. But the knowledge of the story arcs that never happened, does make me wish that we could have gotten them. Unfortunately:

[​IMG]

I cannot wait for the series finale.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  8. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    This has easily been the best two months of Star Wars experience I can remember. (Yes, even surpassing the OT.) It was all the more rewarding for the long wait and I believe we did get a better Siege of Mandalore arc for it.

But I'm also glad for the closure and that we've reached the end as I can't exist on this high arenaline forever. It'll be refreshing to put the book on the shelf and watch new Star Wars content without the insane expectations or the simmering resentment of a gaping hole left unfilled. I'm already less stressed for this finale as all my must-have checkboxes have now been checked. I'm open to whatever surprise Dave has left in store for us.

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Is this episode dropping at the usual time?

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I just re-watched RoTS, there is a lot of room for Ahsoka in the gaps and silences post-66 and I really think it might well be organising the saving of the remaining Jedi, I really hope so.

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The episode is out in New Zealand :eek:

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Wait what!?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  13. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm excited and sad at the same time. I took it for granted that the George Lucas era and also the Prequel era ended when Disney bought Lucasfilm and this final season was an unforeseen but much appreciated epilogue to both of those eras. These last few episodes have been the greatest of the series and part of me can't wait to see the next one. But then I remember it's the last one and it's like having to say goodbye a second time. I'm definitely tilted towards happiness though. :)

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This should not be allowed. Well time to avoid the internet.

Darkslayer and Ben-Solo like this.
  15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Exaggerating a little bit? They are called time zones, and they are a thing. Can't make people in New Zealand and Australia watch something on their Tuesday, if it comes out on Monday. Also, I don't wanna spoil it for you, but I heard that Anakin turns into Darth Vader :p

rumblewagon, vong333 and cwustudent like this.
  16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and DarthFixxxer like this.
  17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Wait is it Monday in New Zealand already?

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I had best be careful. I have no idea what's going to happen other than Ahsoka and Rex won't die. It's impressive how much has been kept under wraps for this episode. My expectation aren't as high though because "Shattered" fulfilled what I wanted the most from the series. As long as Rex isn't put on a bus early I'll be happy with the last episode.

Darkslayer and CampOfSorgan like this.
  19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    People on twitter are indeed saying its out in New Zealand right now.

Thats not gonna go down well. there will be spoilers up by later on.

20. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I'm torn about this episode. I'm sure it is as good as the others, but I don't like endings. Guess I'm one with attachment issues and bad with letting go. Whatever. Just a few more hours. At least it's not a typical Monday then.

Sproj likes this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It's out in Australia too, apparently.

cwustudent and Master_Rebado like this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Best stay off twitter. oh and youtube.

23. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    You had to say this, right? Because ... now I want to pick up my phone and check. ;-)

No, I better go for a run.

24. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    In stashing you tie at h this episode it’s gonna be so good I won’t be able to sleep

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    New Zealand deserves first screening. It's the final episode of a bazillion clones of a Maori. It's like letting the family watch early. :p