main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.12 - Victory and Death (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. 10

59.3%
  2. 9

20.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    I still remember being a kid and seeing The Clone Wars movie trailer in theaters. That was just a couple years of me getting into Star Wars. Now, I've had issues with this series before (Ventress has a different backstory, Grievous is lame, Maul coming back, too many filler episodes) but really, this show has been amazing and there are only a few episodes I truly don't care for. I've come around to Ventress and Maul, though I think their Legends stories are better imo. Very sad to see this series go for the Clone Wars is my favorite era. Tomorrow, I think, will be incredible.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    This seems like a very ominous title for a series finale; the victory must mean for the Empire/Republic and death is that of democracy and the Jedi Order as we know it.

This is going to be bittersweet.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    From the sound of it. to relax people's expectations. this episode is very much about Ahsoka, Maul and Rex escaping. there isn't alot of mix with episode 3 in this episode.

Not a spoiler. just so people don't go in expecting all these ways Ahsoka gets involved with episode 3 events.

People still enjoyed it though.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    TadoFett and Master_Rebado like this.
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

It is and it's been watched ;)

Epic end ep ! :)

5. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    It’s seems pretty obvious from other media that all three survive. How they do it, what becomes of them in regards to other communication, where they end up after they escape is the intriguing part. Especially how Filoni decides to end it all especially for Ahsoka being as he’s the co-creator of the character.

@Master_Rebado well I guess that means I’m out of this thread.

TadoFett and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    My prediction for this episode: Ahsoka and Rex will escape the med bay and pretend to surrender to the clones in order for the droids to get a ship ready.Rex pretends like he has still executed order 66 and Ahsoka is his “prisoner” telling them he recovered orders to capture any Jedi to use for information.Maul I think will try to sabotage the ship rather escape right away so maybe he will be doing that.Ahsoka and Rex get to the hangar and find Maul.They are about to fight when clones realize that we’re tricked and start shooting Rex.Ahsoka tried to stop Maul from leaving but she decides to save Rex instead (As said in the Ahsoka book)They get on a ship and I think at least 1 droid will get shot.Ahsoka and Rex fly off with the cruiser crashing.Ahsoka would’ve lost one other lightsabers aboard the cruiser and we might see Vader find them if we are lucky.Episode ends with Rex contacting Gregor and Wulffe and Ahsoka going to Raada.

7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

I don't spoiler.

Iron_lord and cwustudent like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i just got spoiled. :mad:

Vialco and B99 like this.
  9. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I could see Disney Plus making some sort of documentary with the creators of Clone Wars.Each episode they go into detail what one of the unreleased episodes were gonna be like.They would show us the story,concept art,etc. Then the story’s could possibly be considered canon and we would kinda see what they would’ve been like.Seems more likely then releasing another season after they said the series was done.

Darkslayer, Master_Rebado and Luke02 like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    "Victory and Death" reminds me of "The Last Starfighter's" chant of "Victory or death".

Master_Rebado and vong333 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m almost never on YouTube or Twitter except for work so it looks like I can avoid spoilers unless people put them here without tagging them. I’m glad I’m still working from home because while I have two meetings tomorrow, I can watch after, and earlier than I would be able to under “normal” circumstances.

I’m also not ready for the series finale. TCW is my kids’ Star Wars, they and their friends played Anakin and Ahsoka and Dooku on the playground when they were in elementary school. Feels like the end of an era, and it’s been a fun, if sometimes bumpy, ride.

I’ll probably rewatch the entire series over the summer, especially if I’m still confined to my house far more than normal. Maybe I’ll find a new way to make fun of Mortis. *ducks for cover* KIDDING!

DarthFixxxer, fett 4 and Deliveranze like this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    OMG seriously **** these Star Wars youtube channels for spoiling the last episode for me in a thumbnail..

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    They gotta get their clicks. Very annoying.

Darkslayer, Lord-Skywalker and B99 like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Maybe don't browse r/starwarsleaks 24/7. ;)

But yes folks, while spoilers for the episode are technically fair game in this thread, most of the world has not gotten the episode, so courtesy tags are appreciated, and just avoiding discussion is even better. We'll do what we can, but the onus is also on y'all to keep yourself unspoiled.

Stay off Youtube, Reddit, 4chan, etc. And stay out of this thread. Shoo, go away! :p

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is
    the Force Unleashed.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What time does the episodes go live for eastern??

17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah there is a huge spoiler at the end that is very much part of alot of thumbnails

Master_Rebado and cwustudent like this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Freaking Ignorants..

19. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I’m not going on Reddit,YouTube,Twitter, or anything until I see the episode.

Darkslayer and B99 like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I'm rewatching the series now. I'm on S4 ams just finished Umbara :D I really reccomend watching it in the Chronological order they have as it's so much better and makes more sense than how it was released. Cat and Mouse is the first episode but is in S2.

I'll watch the Ahsoka and Vader scenes in Rebels but I'll skip everything else. Though not sure about World between Worlds?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    NZ got it at midnight, so it might be up midnight EDT. If not it'll be the standard 3 am EDT.

Master_Rebado and B99 like this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm gonna watch it as soon as it airs in morning. Was planning on watching after work Monday evening. But I'm not waiting..

23. sraw__rats

sraw__rats Jedi Knight

May 4, 2014
    How could Maul lose to Kanan and Ashoka ?

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Opinion only. And will start people on here down a dark path.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm not checking any spoilers because I want to surprised. The truth is while you can read someone's summary of what they saw, there is nothing like watching it yourself. When I watched episode 11, yeah, we can say that the clone's fire blue colored bolts from there weapon. But, on some scene's the blue color is not the dark blue but the lighter blue version. So thats why I like to watch an episode before reading some summary of spoilers because you don't get the experience.