main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.12 - Victory and Death (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. 10

59.3%
  2. 9

20.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @The Senate

Yeah, we're not doing this again. Knock off the trolling. We are not going to hesitate on sending users on vacation if need be.

Darkslayer and JediMasterMark15 like this.
  2. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Understood

3. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Is the episode out already?

JediMasterMark15 likes this.
  4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    It is for Oceania at least.

5. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I saw the final scene. Man is that a superbly bittersweet note to end it on.

Anakin Skywalker, a hero now turned into a dark mockery and shell of his former self, gives one last look to what he had, before leaving the detritus of a war that ultimately served only to fuel evil. The clones, their ships, just lying broken in the snow, discarded like everything else for the sake of the new order. But...there's a (somewhat literal) specter of hope remaining...

In this case, I really would like to see the reaction of someone who may have grown up with the original run now seeing the real end...

6. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    I think we all wish that but I’m just going to expect 26 mins. It’s funny Dave said on the interview he loved Disney + because they didn’t have to stick to the television 22 minute slot. It’s ironic, though, because the episodes are only a few minutes longer... and I don’t count the credits as the total time. Once the credits come up, to me the episode is over.

7. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I just finished watching the last ep and wow it was emotional. Especially the end scene, the parallels, the music, the animation - it's all incredible.

rumblewagon likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm not mentality and emotionally prepared yet..

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Episode is up on D+!

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    At long last!!

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    My verdict is that it wasnt a bad episode.
    The super Ahsoka nonsense was too much this season, which turned me off starting with her underworld arc. Maul not wanting to kill Ahsoka right up to the end was interesting but at the same time lame, since its obvious to a viewer she was heavily plot protected by the show runner/production and not something she ever developed this season or last we saw her in Season 5. Not that keen on small changes and the larger retcon, especially on of the Ahsoka novel - it kinda craps on the while canon thing.

Maul did not just take out the hyperdrive, he literally scuttled and destroyed the vessel. But with Ahsoka he resorts to throwing crates at, at some point it becomes comical. There was better ways of handling certain situations set ups, that was silly - especially as we seen Maul play around with Kenobi in past seasons and dominate him. There is no payoff with Ahsoka, since we know how Rebels turns out. Are they playing around with the canon, with the World Between Worlds when they rescued her from death, did it change things, we simply have no answers.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This episode's Vader moment is one of my Top 5 favorite Vader moments.

13. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Amazing episode other than they make Ahsoka a god (which isn't that big of a deal). The Vader stuff at the end is peak Star Wars.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow! Absolutely insane! Sam Witwer was right!

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    God what a finale. It all just blew me away. Then that final scene happened. Just, damn. A lot to unpack there.

This image tho
    [​IMG]

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Great episode. Very satisfied. Last few minutes were absolute gold, and I suspect will serve nicely to link The Clone Wars directly to Rebels when I start my rewatch of both series in a couple of weeks.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there any chance of a Physical copy release for Season 7? Would love to add it to my collection.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ermegerd why did it feel 2 minutes long...? Everything was perfect. It was completely brilliant. And by the time I exhaled, his reflection was fading into the distance.

And the most brutal part? I let the solemn end credits run to completion and the screen randomly pops back to the picture of Anakin and Obi Wan side by side.

19. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    What an amazing way to finish the series! The music was also outstanding!!
    Overall, I though it was well done and a fitting ending. The way Ahsoka and Rex escaped was insane! Especially that 360 hole in the floor that Ahsoka made. It was very touching to see that Ahsoka and Rex buried the clones, as well as salvaged R-7 from the wreck. The whole ending scene didn’t even look animated, like seriously, Vader looked real, as well as the whole scenery!

My only questions:
    1. where did Ahsoka get her cloak from at the end of the episode? She didn’t have it with her lol

2. we know in Rebels she has two light sabers, so if she left only one behind, how did she get the other one back?

3. Can someone explain why the owl appeared? I know the daughter is part of Ahsoka, but how did you interpret this ending?

4. How much time do you think passed between the crash and Vader visiting?

5. Do you think we will ever get the gap filled to see where Rex and Ahsoka go? I’ve watched Rebels and I know they eventually go their own separate ways after the CW, but do you think we will ever get to know what happened in between?

Darkslayer, rumblewagon and Snafu55 like this.
  20. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    First thank you to Dave Filoni and Disney plus for releasing it at midnight on the east coast.

Now that might have been 25 minutes of some of the greatest Star Wars. The absolute tragedy and honor that was in this finale was amazing and heartbreaking. Ahsoka and Rex escape was heart pumping and action packed. Darth Maul continued to show his mastery of the Force and improvision which forced Rex and Ahsoka into a deadlier situation.

- Opening music was fantastic
    - Them giving the Clones a proper burial was honorable and broke my heart
    - Rex and Ahsoka as a 1-2 punch was epic
    - Seeing Vader and him looking over the area with probe droids and his advanced scout team was freaking brilliant.

Ahsoka Tano legacy is among the greatest Star Wars characters ever.

21. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Top 3 for myself.

Rogue One Hallway scene
    Ending of this Finale
    and the infamous “No I am your father..”

The last 5 minutes were so throughly thought out to both match other canon mediums that Filoni deserves a lot of credit for this work. You’re going to be able to wait a couple weeks? I’m going to start in a few days

I’m sure at some point they’ll release it; I also think these last four episodes will be combined into a small movie.

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    10/10. Perfect episode. That's all I have to say.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Even if it's just that. I'll buy it.
    The entire Bespin Duel,
    This,
    R1 Hallway
    Twilight of the Apprentice Ashoka vs Vader
    This Shadows of the Empire exchange
    "The Emperor is not here. I speak for the Empire, Xizor." "Prince Xizor." "You may keep the title-for another two minutes."
    Vader's opening conversation in ROTJ with that Moff.
    Vader killing the Separatist Council in the ROTS novel. His quips were hilarious.
    Ex. "His transmission was garbled. He said you would be left in pieces."
    The last issue of Fortress: Vader.
    Okay, came to 8.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Only reason I'm waiting a couple weeks is because I start my Skywalker saga marathon tomorrow/today to commemorate Star Wars Day. Although, I'm having second thoughts and considering just starting The Clone Wars from the beginning instead :p[/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Darkslayer and Ben-Solo like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i just watched the Finale.
    It was good, not great. I loved seeing Maul wreck shop and Rex and Ashoska escape and Vader at the end was stunning and great. But i still think Phantom Apprentice was the best one. Nothing really happenned beyond the escape, sad to see the graves of the clones and Ahsoka dropping her saber. Vader years later picking it up.

Darkslayer and Snafu55 like this.