main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are moderators allowed

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ben-Solo, May 3, 2020.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too, this is pretty disappointing.

2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Aye, one or two comedians among them for sure. [face_laugh]

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Always happy to help if necessary!

[​IMG]

devilinthedetails likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sometimes I do wonder why we are allowed.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I've written the title of this thread out, word for word, in my diary more times than my heart could bear to recount.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Many of us are kind, this is true. Many of us, however, are not so weak, but are as meanspirited and intolerant as you will find. For us, silencing your voice and shouting over it with our own, lobbing hand grenades into discussions to start flame wars, and banning indiscriminately and needlessly, is how we get our sick kicks. Don't let that stop you from contacting us, however! The truth is, most of us loathe each other down to our hair follicles, and constantly plot to undermine each other's authority. If you come to us with a complaint about another moderator, please believe that this is better than opening a Christmas present on Thanksgiving to find a sack of our favorite Halloween candy: you'll simply be providing us with more fuel to throw on the fire, and oh, do we love to watch it burn.

Yes, exactly. We're fans first, moderators second, and here to help always.

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit: Technical issues.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    How about those Maple Leafs?

Sarge likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'll ban you for reminding me how the Leafs disappoint me year after year. Don't think I won't do it.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We all call you Bob Efarte behind your back, so it's not like we are not trying.

12. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Paaaarp

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wait, yours are only occasional?

14. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Thank you for the reply. Since yesterday I see that the seriousness of my concern was addressed in a few responses. I have decided since that too only participate in one thread actively and avoid all other forums; thus also avoiding the Moderator this question was in reference too.

Surprisingly to some probably, today I sent a moderator a PM expressing my appreciation for them.

Edit: grammar/formatting

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Tython Awakening likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I am sorry you feel need to avoid entire sections of the forums to avoid specific people, I do hope you can recognize that the amount of staff who posted slightly silly things in here was an effort to show you we really do not take ourselves too seriously. Once your questions were answered, we had no problem making ourselves look absurd.

jcgoble3, TCF-1138 , EHT and 5 others like this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Really, though... as mentioned in here already, if you have specific concerns about a specific mod, and you don't want to approach other mods about it, you should approach one of the three admins about it instead. Avoiding whole sections of the site is not really the best solution.

17. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    I will be doing that in short order, right now I’m appreciating the forum I’m currently participating in enthusiastically.

Sarge, TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This I can agree with. Especially @A Chorus of Disapproval and @cubman987 (no agenda here, just throwing out a couple of shout-outs). You're not going to like every single mod, just like you won't like every single person you interact with (speaking from experience here) - and you know what, that's OK. It's human nature. Just try your best to be respectful in the meantime.

But there will always be someone around here who will be willing to speak with you in a kind manner. I've been here since 2009 and that's been the case throughout all these years.

19. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Mods here aren't so bad, at least they will engage with you.

One or two with a chip on their shoulder, but generally they are okay.

The lad from Sweden is probably about the best of the lot.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I dunno, I've heard terrible things about him. :p

21. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Don’t you be getting above yourself now. That compliment is one more than the wife has had this year!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    @LAJ_FETT I have sent you a detailed PM about the matter.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Phew. At least it isn't about LAJ. She's a saint.

@Ben-Solo - Hopefully, you can trust to leave the situation in her hands and focus on posting about stuff that brings you some joy until it's all resolved for you.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  24. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    It’s not you either, I actually really enjoy your Jedi Mastery of the forums.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Why, thank you. I try... try... to be lighthearted about most topics, even when I seem to be posting serious points. I'm only a hard@$$ to horrid people who deserve constant berating, like @Bob Effette and my grandmother.