main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    So basically no.

The issue doesn't lie with this show happening or not, because all we have heard so far are rumours, the issue lies with you often treating random nonsense from really bad "sources" as if they were valid information or even somewhat decent rumours. They are neither. Don't just believe Disney execs are supposedly livid about something just because some random site claims they are. Always check whether they are a decent source, then check if they have an agenda, and if all that is done, look at whether what they are saying makes any sense at all. Here, all three checks fail.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Ok I understand, but I Still have not found the official 4th Star Wars tv show announcement news on Star Wars.com

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Yeah, it was leaked by an industry insider. We know that.

Our issue wasn't with that. We all agree on that. What we are specifically disagreeing with you on is that you brought up an awful source for an unsubstantiated rumor.

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Sorry about that. I try not to spam. Anyways I still have hope for this show.

Jedi Knight Fett and DannyD like this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yaay more female star wars, KK is our Queen.

8. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    People really need to cool down. There is acutally in the same News the mention 3 male centric SW shows on Disney plus: Mando, Cassian, Kenobi. How can this one show of which we know NOTHING be bad.

Its already getting called bad because it MAY feature some more girls then other shows. Boy this fandom has a problem with it's manhood obviously.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Very intrigued by this.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    ...and so we delve into this rabbit hole once again.

I actually have no problem with this news but it's a given this official announcement will give all those clickbait youtubers out there free reign to make a dozen videos about 'LUCASFILM OFFICIALLY HATES MEN!' or some out of context bantha poodoo.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, the only way to avoid that is clearly to simply never announce who is working on any of their content even when the production is released.

End Credits:
    Written by: An unspecified person
    Directed by: Someone who falls somewhere on a gender spectrum
    Based on Characters by: George Lucas, a man.

12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh wow another live action series. That is number 4. I wonder where they will all fit, timewise, but definitely excited to get more. I hope the result is as good as it was with The Mandalorian.

And contrary to what many people would want, I actually do not want this to be about Ahsoka, Leia or any other already existing female Star Wars character. They are pretty great as they are, and as developed by their creators. Don't ruin them, make a new character if you would like.

13. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope this show is about the night sisters of dathomir, you could explore any time line with them, but given that this show will explore a new time, we will see something that Star Wars has never explored before, and I am referring to both legends and new canon.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah that would be nice. I love the night sisters, especially what they did with Merrin in Jedi: Fallen Order.

[​IMG]

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It will be called "Are there stranger things than Midichlorians". Milly Bobby Brown will shout all day and force push people.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don’t think their has been a canon female Sith character other then that voice from the Sith holocron in Rebels.

That would change if this series was about the Sith, either Rule or Two pre-Darth Plagueis or sometime during the Old Republic era.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Were any of the fleet units in The Rise of Skywalker named after female Sith?

I honestly cannot remember. The only one coming immediately to mind is Tenebrous.

18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I am pretty sure that when the old republic tv show or multiple shows of the old republic taking place in different era of the thousands of years timelines there will be female sith and other female dark side force users as well.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I've only caught a bits and pieces of Russian Doll when my girlfriend was watching it last year, so I can't directly comment oh Headland's involvement, but several of my friends really liked the series. What excites me about this project right now is the potential to explore a different time period than the other announced series are.

20. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Merrin was my favorite character in Jedi: Fallen Order so I would not protest if we got a show based on a nightsister or heck even Merrin herself. A force user who uses the darkside for good is a interesting concept and one that would be fascinating to explore.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

And maybe have some jedi on the light side of the force who are corrupt and do wrong. It could truly explain how the sith and the Jedi are very similar, especially in the old republic era.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am very intrigued to “different part of the timeline than other projects” old Republic maybe?

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe post sequel trilogy far into the future if that’s what you’re referring too.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s my guess as well it’s either far in the future of the ST or really far in the past

black_saber likes this.
  25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    And the Star Wars timeline is infinite like space because there is not beginning in from when the past first started or even the far future timeline ending.

Basically Star Wars timeline is infinite itself because there is always more eras to explore with endless possibilities.