main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Daedalus Fruits - The Seeking OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You know the drill, all ooc regarding The Seeking and it's two predecessors goes here.

Some questions I get asked frequently, so here are some answers in my FAQ.

FAQ

1. When does the game play and what is the connection to the other two games?

A year after The Crossing did not happen and two years before The Reckoning will not happen.

2. Can I join if I wasn't a player before? Will I be able to even follow the game?

The other two games never happened in this game. So knowledge will indeed not be necessary. Everybody who wants to join can do so, but I will limit the number of players if I get the feeling I draw too much attention.

3. How involved were LordTroepfchen, DarkLordoftheFins and HanSolo29 when it came to the creation of the game?

LordT explained at length to me the rules of his game world and provided me a lot of notes from his previous games. None of the three former GMs had any hand regarding the plot.

4. What is the plan for the third part in the Trilogy? Is this gonna be a The Crossing-with-a-twist game?

No, the events of the Crossing have never happened and never will. The game plays a year after what the Crossing would have been and therefore two years before The Reckoning would have taken place.

What do I have planned? Well, I studied LordTroepfchen's style and game very closely and I think every third game returns to the roots. So my challenge now is making a worthy sequel to The Crossing and The Reckoning and still make this a SirakRomar game. No more spoilers.

5. Can characters die in the game?

Yes, they can.

6. When will the game start?

I got one or two players telling me they need a few more days. So I plan to open the curtains for The Seeking in about ten days.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Incredible my tiny little game became a trilogy. You make me proud.

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  3. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh this gonna be good. Great OP that is. Sets the scene perfectly.

4. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Happy to be on board this rollercoaster:D

Now am I thinking my first target is who I think it is...

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    You know the feeling when you get a CS and you know right away it is gonna change the whole game? Because it adds a surprising perspective to it?

Just got one of those.

6. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Hunting that cute little Anna obviously! You monster!

Oh I got the feeling this is gonna be a game where it is really hard to say who is a hunter and who is hunted.

7. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    @Lawbreaker [face_shhh]:p

Agreed also on point 2, maybe it will be the assassins and mercanaries being chased around...

@SirakRomar , that sounds intriguing...

8. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Yes, that won‘t be the kind of game where we are all friends I guess. [face_laugh]

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Haha, Crossingverse never was about harmony among players!

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    When this is done Matt will have had any job in the White House there is. Matthew Amdrews, Secretary of Homeland Security reports for duty.

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    GAME STARTS ON MONDAY

12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thirteen Players! That was a bit more than I expected. I appreciate the interest though!

Might cap at 15 though. That is more players than I ever GMed anyway.

13. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Yeah, got a bad feeling about this.

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So it is Monday here! The game has officially begun.

We got one more sheet upcoming, but I will include that one in my next update.

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    So, that is quite an opening!

Adrian Simmons is now private security! Sebastian and Maria finally together and The Source is dead, long live the Seeker!

16. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Bloody TARC getting in the way:p

Decision time...

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I think I can guess who Le Phantom is. That picture looks awfully familiar, hehe.

18. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Haha hello everyone I only just discovered this thread lol. Newbie here. It kind of reflects my character as she is blundering around in a world with a total lack of knowledge of other characters and previous events that did/did not happen so I'm happy to remain clueless and just have Saori react as truths are revealed to her, in a way I think such a person would do naturally.

I just gotta know if I was the game-changer @SirakRomar refers to above but I doubt it lol.

First Q of the newbie: How often should we expect GM updates?

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Welcome Kurisan!

Twice a week in the beginning and after that once a week. SirakRomar wrote that somewhere. One update a week is the usual schedule of GMs around here.

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually update coming tonight. So everybody consider this an 8 hours warning ...

21. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
  22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I gotta say The Crossing becoming a Tell-Tale style adventure game about moral choices was pretty awesome. Also I start thinking Justin might be a fourth wall breaking person from these boards, haha.

23. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Woah, it's like Attack of the Sebastian's, he's everywhere!.

I think I might be in trouble now:p

24. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    The Source of all our trouble . . . but the scene reveals we are probably not all at the same point in time. Some still seem to be shortly after that attack and some seem to be a day later.

25. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Who the hell is Justin? Just read through the game and a lot of intrigue and mystery and The Source returned and there seems to be someone called The Seeker and . . . By the Gods, did Hugo kill Anna Talbott? But more than anything I am puzzled by a young guy who made The Crossing a Tell-Tale style computer game and made billions through it. What the hell? He also seems to be NOT Gifted. I must say I am more than a little eager to find out what that is about . . . also the girl who interviews him? Li Ang? Sebastian should check his girlfriends occupation again. Ms. Liang might soon go to Zurich or has come back from it, depending where she is in the timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.