main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I think he already is as important to the SW universe as Lucas. He has people talking of the show the way the movies had people talking. And trust me, Ahsoka v. Vader is a big deal. Just like Ahsoka walking out on the Jedi Order had people talking way back when, this will have people talking. And it will continue well beyond that final episode.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    After I wrote my message I meant to say he is as important. :p Don't know why I said "almost".

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I recently got all the clone wars episodes on dvd and have been re-watching them, and man the memories are coming back. Good stuff.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just saw this linked in another thread and I just want to say Filoni has done an amazing job. He definitely understands Star Wars the best next to George. I doubt he ever thought he would be working with Lucasfilm 15 years after he was hired.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Filoni did an amazing job and the Seige of Mandalore was probably the best star wars I've seen in a long time. Things happen for a reason, but, looking back, I'm kind of glad things turned out the way they did. The entire season 7 batch of episodes were all re-worked from there original iterations (minus Siege of Mandalore) and its been for the better. Each arc really build up to the fantastic ending. The clones, Rex and Asohka, this was there story. Let's not forget, this also includes the magnificent Rebels series which from season two towards the end was just super. Filoni knows how to tell stories in star wars. I hope they have another animation project in the works, looking forward to that confirmation.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  6. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Our future leader

7. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Ahsoka Tano’s co-creator needs to be commended for his revival of The Clone Wars and the way the show has added to the mythology of Star Wars.

RetropME and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I want to be fair here much of the “big” things in the show only happened because George thought of them or heavily supported them. Mortis and the Yoda arc in particular. Not to say Filoni didn’t contribute, he did, but those big moments wouldn’t have happened without George

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry @Todd the Jedi I did not know this thread existed! Got your redirect!!!

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think most people remembered this thread existed. Seeing as how it wasn’t used for like 4 years

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He seems like a nice man.
    Soothing voice.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    One of the funnier people working in the Star Wars world.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    He's definitely someone I'd like to get an autograph from. If he ever writes a book on his SW experience since the beginning of TCW, I'd be among the first in line to buy it and hopefully see him on tour.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He created the part of Star Wars that cemented my love for the franchise.

Ahsoka's Tano and Darkslayer like this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's easy to forget that the directors, animators, and editors deserve as much praise of Filoni but he certainly deserves it. Gods of ink these people are. He's helmed one of the greatest animated series of all time in The Clone Wars. It's funny, this thread was created when he wasn't very popular on this board. How things have changed.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This. I was just checking out Katie Lucas’s Wikipedia page to see if she had done anything since TCW (she has not) and it made me realize.

She wrote some of the best episodes and arcs. Including the first Darth Maul one, the nightsister one and the order 66 one. I would love to track down some of the other writers work on different shows.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, some of these writers like Matt Michnovetz could probably step up into a supervisor role in future animated series because they are that good. It would perhaps be even more fitting to do this with Katie Lucas. I remember Steven Melching jumped ship somewhere around season 4 and wrote some decent episodes of Transformers Prime. That was one of the favorites go-to series for people to point to as being superior to TCW. No, not really.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean does anyone remember Transformers Prime? There is your answer

Seerow likes this.
  19. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    Future?

I agree! Also: Filoni is awesome. Shirley, there is enough love to go around.

His humor comes from an honest place and it is quite refreshing.

Transformers Prime was great. Its not Clone Wars, but the work should not be diminished.

I do, I do!

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked Transformers Prime and am not diminishing Melching's work. Just pointing out that back in TCW's original run Transformers Prime was one of the popular shows to compare TCW to, with TCW usually being called not as not as good. That should make it a good candidate to watch if you've never seen it before. If I'm really comparing why The Clone Wars is better. I'll start with the characters. I mean just comparing the soldier archetypes between the two series the difference in depth is apparent. It was never on The Clone Wars or Rebels level for that matter.

eko32eko7 likes this.
  21. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I agree. I love the Transformers, but I have to admit that the fact the franchise was created for the sole purpose of selling mass produced pieces of plastic to children bums me out because the concept thoroughly captures my imagination. The Clone Wars was created and was produced in an entirely different environment; an environment much more conducive to lasting creative quality. The fact that any Transformers property has been excellent, given its origin, is quite astounding.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow. Looking through this thread, it's kinda surreal to see what I said back in 2015

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also ironic since I now like Ahsoka :p

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Dave is basically my friend Dave from highschool.

GregMcP, rumblewagon and teamhansolo like this.
  25. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Dave Filoni deserves all the appreciation. [face_dancing]