main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I enjoyed it even more than I did Return of the Jedi. And I liked Solo as much as I liked A New Hope.

CampOfSorgan and BadAcrobat like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Not great or major news, but....

PymParticles and EHT like this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    So, there's only to be a solo Solo movie, it seems. :p

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Crimson Dawn show is our only hope for this era with Solo.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Unfortunately, yeah. Issue is, I'm not sure how likely we are to see Alden Ehrenreich return as Han, or Donald Glover as Lando. A Crimson Dawn series could conceivably consist of little more than a war between the five syndicates, one which Han, Chewie and Lando stay far the hell away from. That's just speculation on my part, but we'll see how it goes.

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    A Crimson Dawn series could easily serve as a plot for canceled Boba Fett movie. Fett is used by the Hutts & Empire to take down Crimson Dawn, eventually leading Maul to where we see him in Rebels.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    whostheBossk and EHT like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I get where he is coming from he has had the Maul role for now 9 years now. And sorry buy Serafinowics'z is not needed he barely spoke in TPM has attacked the movie in the past. Witwer is coocky it's the way he is, but he is also right and hey good to have shadow collective still in solo.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "All kinds of stuff. But you can’t tell those stories now. In 20 years, when I’m fully an old man and don’t care about anything, I will say things that will blow people’s minds and make national news and stuff."

Haha... OK, sure.

11. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I feel I should have made the connection between Serafinowicz being Darth Maul's OG voice actor, and also being Pete in Shaun of the Dead, a very long time ago.

But here we are, with me discovering this here, today.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rewatched earlier. I’ve only seen Solo once and I forgot how many twists it has as far as who is betraying whom. Still not a fan of Qi’ra at all but she’s better than I remembered. And I want an Enfy’s Nest novel or TV series.

Sarge, Bor Mullet, EHT and 1 other person like this.
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't know if you've read the Solo novelization, but at the end...

we see Enfys Nest meet with Saw Gerrera and a young Jyn Erso.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have to get that novel now.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    What score would you give the film now?

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don’t remember what I gave it originally. :p 7/10 now I think.

themoth likes this.
  17. Viper78

Viper78 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I honestly think Solo is hugely underrated!!!

I'll admit it, when this film was first announced I didn't want it. Han Solo has always been my favourite character and seeing another actor as Solo was not something I wanted to see. But I loved this film, Alden did a great job of portraying a younger, more eager and impressionable Han Solo. It was also a breathe of fresh air for me after TLJ which to say I dislike is a massive understatement.

It's just a shame there isn't going to be a Solo sequel of some sort. There is so much potential to expand this story with Han and Chewie heading to Tatooine at the end of the film, that's 10 years worth of working for the Hutts to explore. If not a direct sequel why not have a tie in with Lando, Crimson Dawn or just a Star wars underworld film.

That's what would get me excited for a new Star wars film!

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’d give it a 7.5 or even 8/10. Especially at the time I was surprised how much I liked it. The opening scene escape set the tone, it was fun and had heart. Nothing pretentious, just an adventure and gorgeous visuals.

19. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Just rewatched this for the first time in about a year. It was as great as I remembered, significantly underrated. Really wish it could have gotten more love, as a sequel would be fantastic news. I loved it two years ago when it came out in theaters, and really feel people just didn't give it a fair chance. It might not be the most amazing or flashy movie on earth, but most should have a good time watching it.

Sarge, Bor Mullet and themoth like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My favorite thing in this movie is the green singer in the floating jar.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe I need to watch it again. When I saw it originally, I was in a bad mood. Hell, I was in a bad mood for most of 2018-now.

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    No lie, I think about that guy at least once a day.

EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I mean, he’s a little green alien with a bass version of João Gilberto‘s voice in a floating jar of liquid singing a duet with a beautiful human woman on a crazy criminal’s party barge/ spaceship. If you don’t think about that every day, you’re not living.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    EHT, Darth Buzz and PymParticles like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Green Singer in a Floating Jar: A Star Wars Story

Bor Mullet and PCCViking like this.
  25. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Qi'ra's attitude towards Han is enigmatic. That 3 year jump...maybe she was already pregnant. On the surface it looks like TESB Han (him thinking about the guy in Ord Mantell), but maybe it run deeper (Leia keeping Han in the dark about Snoke&Ben)

Qi'ra is now on her way to Dathomir and Maul. This Sollony Ren, 'maul-like' from Dathomir (Sep.2017)...and all those names, Rey Solana, Kylo Ren, Sollony Ren, Ben Solo. Weird.