main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Finn the worst human character?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jar Jar Skywalker, May 8, 2020.

?

Is Finn the worst?

1. Yes, he's the worst

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, he's okay, not terrible

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, he's the best in the franchise

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Skywalker

Jar Jar Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2017
    Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2020
  2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    This is not going to go the way you think.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  3. Chémus

Chémus Jedi Knight

Dec 5, 2019
    This weird hatefulness/dismissiveness towards Finn on this forum from certain members is very off-putting and gross.

Jedi_Fenrir767 likes this.
  4. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Luckily for the character of Finn, he's played by John Boyega who is very likeable and puts a lot of energy into his performance.

However, I have to reluctantly agree that the character itself seems a wasted opportunity. There were a lot of cool things
    that could be done with the ex-stormtrooper idea that were only half-heartedly attempted imo.
    I just find myself wondering do a lot of kids WANT to be Finn? He doesn't get a lot of glory as a stand alone character, even when he finally defeats Captain Phasma it somehow seems that he kind of got lucky. It seems that he only exists perpipherally to Rey, and when you listen to the audiobook it actually
    becomes annoying to hear how many times he shouts REEEY!!
    I know this has probably all being said before and I don't want to dump too much on an already beleagured character but doesn't even John himself feel a little let down by the evolution of Finn?

Finn's greatest moment was when he bravely took up the lightsaber against Kylo Ren but ever since he came out of the coma he wasn't given anything truly special to do.

Dandelo and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    It's kind of mean, but also quite comical to me when I think that Finn picks up the lightsaber and then 30 seconds later Kylo puts him in a coma.

6. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    This could sound even meaner, but in some ways, Finn as a character would have almost served a better function in dying in that fight given how poorly he was developed later. At least that way Rey could have had some serious soul-searching to do over how this guy who barely knew her gave his life for her and we would have been more
    inclined to imagine that she could then fall to the darkside in her anger/confusion/despair over this.
    As it was, I NEVER had the impression that she had any real reason or desire to go dark.
    But I suppose this is a Disney movie, that was never gonna happen and we had also just seen Han got killed.

Well, Finn is still alive and out there. Maybe one day somebody will write an interesting story for him in comics or books...

Bob Effette and Lulu Mars like this.
  7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Oh geez. In before the lock.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This thread is the worst human character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.