main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Fennec Shand told wannabe Han, if I remember correctly, that she was planning to meet up with her crew in Mos Espa (again, if I remember correctly). She may have just been BSing him, but given that it’s now almost certain that Boba comes to find her in the desert, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fennec Shand, described by Din as one of the most elite bounty hunters out there, runs with a crew of other elite bounty hunters - Fett, Bossk, etc...

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Dengar was in tros, where?

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He's more machine now than man... and maybe part egg.

[​IMG]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    pls tell me you are joking, what monster is that. And where did wee that horribel thing.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's from the ROS Visual Dictionary.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBF, you do see it in the film.

8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Very happy to see Morrison returning for this role. The most exciting aspect of Disney SW has been seeing actors revisit their iconic roles. Now we just need him to be a clone in the Kenobi series!

Shadao and TadoFett like this.
  9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    How awesome! More Morrison in the GFFA is more than welcome.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Which is what alot of the OT generation liked about the character. that there wasn't much to him. then the prequels added a backstory and some didn't really like that addition.

Now suddenly some feel boba is not that interested. went out like a punk and whatever else... strange times.

If thats the case. i see nothing wrong with seeing more of Boba fett. if people wanna get to know him more. if people don't wanna get to know him more... then I'm puzzled.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I've never understood this fairly recent hate towards Boba Fett. In the coolness stakes he was IMO 2nd only to Vader.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Poor Dengar, i wonder what happened to him, he be in what his 90's in the ST.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The Visual Dictionary says he continually upgraded his limbs in a quest for quasi-immortality. This does not explain how his face looks like he somehow survived more Force lightning than Sidious took to his grill.

Shadao and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    maybe Boba Fett will return only to immediately die again in yet another ridiculous way, when off world Jawa lands his space ship on him :p

15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    He's a great guest whenever he appears at Celebration. He loves his place in the SW universe, and this is just going to reinvigorate him like nothing else before. I bet he will become quite a face for the franchise for some time after this.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet Boba Fett will serve as his counter point.

RetropME and Shadao like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m 95% certain Fett will serve as a sort of ghost of Mando’s past. A cautionary look at what he could regress into, and a reminder that he still has things to feel guilty about...

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Shadao, Glitterstimm and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hope so.

All these cameos I don't want it to overshadow our new characters.

Find a good balance.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably lost a lot of cred when he was accidentally killed by a half-blind man.
    [​IMG]

starfish likes this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If there is one thing NuCanon or perhaps it's just a Dave filoni thing ...is that they have turned characters like Boba and Maul who could easily be wish fulfillment characters and make them interesting.

21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    No, it would add to the notion of his being overrated. We have nothing leading up to his death at the sarlaac pit to show him being "powerful" enough to be able to miraculously survive. So for him to do so, and then suddenly be doing "super cool" things will just add to the idea of him being overrated.

22. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    That’s one of the most close minded thing I’ve ever read on here. You can say the same thing with countless Star Wars characters but isn’t that the point of being able to give a character more screentime, to help build a character? But we’ve all grown tired of hearing all of these people’s hate for Boba Fett “credibility” during discussions.

It just leads into too much emotion from people who dislike him and honestly, it doesn’t affect me in any way, but you’re entitled to you opinion. And at this point, I think every opinion on him has been regurgitated over and over for the past ~37 years. It’s grown tired at at this point.

I’m just glad he’s in season two along with a lot of other folks in here.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Seems more like a jetpack malfunction issue to me. If he's alive, he ought to sue the jetpack manufacturers... :p

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do what they did in EU. Let him fall back into the Sarlacc a second time

The Shadow Emperor and starfish like this.
  25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    more seriously though, it’s really awesome they are bringing Temuera Morrison back