main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Yes, it implies abilities as a bounty hunter. It implies his ability to track a bounty. His ability to capture a bounty, and to do so in a quick and timely fashion. It implies he has great ability to know his prey. However, it does not imply a super power or super ability that would let him defy the certain death of falling into the sarlaac.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Maybe 3PO was wrong then in his interpretation of what happens when you fall into the Sarlaac.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    no 3CPO is never wrong.

4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    He’s still got his full suit of Beskar and all its assorted gadgetry and weapons. He’s got a better chance than most of the other characters we though were dead but turned out not to be.

The EU explanation from Tales from Jabbas Palace was he escaped via detonating his jetpack and Dengar found him on the edge of death and saved him.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah. Far be it from me to actively defend something like Boba Fett surviving the Sarlaac... but the average person who falls into its mouth usually does not take a missle, a flame thrower, exploding darts and retractable spikes with them...

There is not enough Mylanta in the Galaxy to help digest that.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba survival is just as bizarre as Maul and Palpatine.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  7. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Boba is like Iron Man-his "super power" is his tech. See how Pre-Viszla managed to moderately hold his own against Maul despite the latter actually having Star Wars super powers. Given the problem of falling into a living hole, an assortment of weapons to kill the hole plus a means of flying out of the hole seems to imply an ability to escape...

8. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Yes this is from the Wook, so take it for what it's worth to you, but the description of the sarlacc makes escape seem quite impossible.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sarlacc

Yes Boba Fett had a jet pack to assist, but when I take into consideration the description of the Sarlacc, and Fett using his jet pack, I get the image of someone using the nitrous in their car to go over the wrong way tire spikes.

And I almost spit out my drink at your Mylanta comment.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not at all. One fell down a large pit split in half another blew up and one fell in with all his gear and could easily escape

Ben-Solo and El_Machete12 like this.
  10. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Was there this much stubbornness to accepting the belief that Fett survived the Sarlacc while the EU was actually canon?

I came into the fandom during the late 90’s and I don’t remember there being so much stink and deniability that this guy could’ve actually survived. You name all of the people who was on the Barge and he’s literally the one guy who has all the means and tools to escape[face_laugh]

El_Machete12 likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  12. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Bringing back Maul was the worst mistake they made in Star Wars. I'm not decrying his popularity, nor am I claiming the story they told was not great. I love Maul, and it was an excellent story, but bringing him back opened the door for any character to not stay dead simply because they're popular. It's what made Ahsoka's death/non-death time portal salvation possible. It's why we have Sid Palps in TROS. And we'll now have Boba Fett in the Mandalorian. Based on what we've seen Jedi survive in Star Wars, Mace Windu's survival would be the most plausible. Maybe bring him back? Vader is the most popular villain EVER. How long until they find a way to resurrect him? And why stop at just the popular characters? How about all the residents of Alderaan? Let's find a way to say they all survived. I mean it's only their planet that was blown up. It's not like they we're cut in half or exploded after being thrown down a reactor core, or fell into a pit that eats people alive, or killed by their former master, reincarnated as a force wolf, then yanked through a portal two years later.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Star Wars has brought people back from the dead countless times and there is a few ways you can do it even. Its fictional, sci-fi and fantasy.

Shadao and Erkan12 like this.
  14. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Boba Fett coming back from the dead has nothing to do with Maul, he was already alive in the comic books years before the prequel movies.

[​IMG]
    --- Dark Empire issue 5 (1992)

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s easier to make your argument when you only reply to half of mine. To reiterate, it’s not just his costume. It’s his smarts at outwitting both Han and the other elite bounty hunters chosen by Vader, his willingness to stand up to Vader, and his mysterious costume. In a universe of archetypal heroes and villains, this mysterious and conning middleman stood out. And he was the harbinger of a much more in-depth world building, which added the criminal underworld to the galaxy of Imperialists and Rebels. He deserves all the recognition he gets.

16. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I was really looking forward to seeing this guy open for the Cybertronic Spree, and don't have the reschedule date yet...:(

Boba Fett is the OG SW guy back from the dead (except maybe Anakin, from a certain point of view....), in the old EU. Don't get me wrong, it was overdone then, too. But, it happened and allowed a ton of fantastic story telling, especially the Yuuzhan Vong fight in NJO and the entire Mando plot in Legacy of the Force.

I said it in the Mando thread, and I'll repeat here, of the many SW returns from the dead now canon, his is an exceptionally low bar to clear in terms of being believable; and with it's history in the EU, it feels like something that's just part of Star Wars at this point. And it gives us an excuse to finally see Temura Morrison claim the role default handed to him in AOTC.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable."

That line has to be in the show [face_praying]

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://thedirect.com/article/exclusive-boba-fett-will-appear-in-the-mandalorian-season-3
    Reliability unknown.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Personally hoping for “Reality doesn’t care if you believe in it.” as well.

The man doesn’t talk much, but he gets some good lines.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That comic page is so sad. Look at when Dengar used to have a face. And arms. And legs.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He still has a face. It’s just a Schwartzenegger choking on Mars’ atmosphere face.

22. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Oh my (I just laughed out loud literally)

Bor Mullet and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Why can't The Mandalorian just be it's own thing? Why do they need to keep bringing these other characters into it?

I would have not problem with either an Ahsoka or a Boba Fett show or movie...but why bring them into The Mandalorian>>

Ehpik, Erkan12 and Jaxxon- like this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder if Boba will get a proper theme or if Favreau/Filoni will opt to use the motifs he already is associated with

25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm not sure what to say. They are bringing them into The Mandalorian because there is a story to tell.

The Mandalorian is apart of the Star Wars Universe. I for one am intrigued.