main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Starry Night Café - The Art Lounge III

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    i'm working on little projects that is taken me out of my comfort zone but it is interesting for sure :)

i am tempted to go get a cookie and cream ice cream from the IGA up the road but i'm too lazy

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I'm trying to work on my six fanarts but it's been really difficult so instead I've started a ton of wips. xD For most of the day I've been watching Playground's art stream. They had a lot of really talented artists who were gonna do a convention, but because of the current events and all, they did an online stream for free. It's been super interesting and inspiring!

3. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated or rather work on things to finish xD I feel that very much!

4. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    We should really try to revive this section of the forums, it used to be so active (way back before I joined) and I want that haha. Is anyone interested in doing art trades or collabs or anything?

5. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    We should try and make this more active, it's always nice to talk to other artists :p

As for art trades and stuff, I don't think I have the time right now but I'd be up for something maybe later on. ;)

6. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Definitely! Art communities are the best. :) And np bro.

7. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Are you gonna do something for Mermay? I don't think I've ever done something for it lol

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah me neither. I don't think I'll end up doing anything because I have way too many other ideas, and tbh i never liked mermaids that much, [face_laugh] Wbu?

9. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Well I'd love to give one a try, but between school work and other personal projects I'm not sure if I'll get something done :p

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I have a mermaid piece in the works though with all going on, time will tell if it’ll be finished in time.

There is something that might interest you. It is the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back on the 21st May. We’re looking to have a banner for the occasion. I’ll be putting up a thread for the requirements on that.

As for other challenges/events, always welcome to make suggestions and something can be arranged :)

11. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    An ESB banner sounds fun to make, I'll have to have a go at that. As for other suggestions - I know theres usually a few art trends going around social media so I could always suggest a few of those in here when they come up. They're pretty informal, fun kind of challenges. ;)

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm in for MerMay - But I can't draw, you all know that! :p

13. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Gonna make some mermaid tails are you? :p

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Beautiful work, @Adalia-Durron. I love seeing it come together too.

AzureAngel2 and teamhansolo like this.
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope everyone is doing well so far.

Does anyone have a favourite book that they enjoy going through and find inspiration from the art?

16. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    You too CO :)

Ooh, good question. I don't know that I have a favourite book yet, but I'm hoping to buy the TROS art book sometime. I've seen several pieces in there and they look amazing.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I had not meant for things to be so long in here, things had been a bit overwhelming. I hope everyone is safe and well.

They definitely look amazing and I’ve added the Art of TROS book on my wish list. I am curious to see what things could have been.

I’ve been going through the ‘Art and Making of Aquaman’ and ‘The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia’ at the moment.

On the art side of things, things had stalled on my main platforms though I’ve started getting into Procreate and seeing how things go. It’s pretty neat so far.

Khalia Octa and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi, @Corellian_Outrider. I just pop my head in to nicely say hello!

During my two weeks of summer holidays, which I spent half at the German North Sea coast in County Schleswig-Holstein and half in the Harz Mountains in County Lower Saxony, I found some inspiration, finally.

2019 was not an easy year, starting with my husband, @DarthUncle, getting a new kidney and me staring a new job with some difficulties.

And after a brilliant start of 2020 things got weird. I still remember watching the news with my older brother and my husband in the club house of the ski club we are all members of. The next thing happening was missing toilet paper and a lack of tins, wheat plus noodles during a shopping trip in the mountain city of Braunlage.

Since then we do worry a lot for family members in the Netherlands, CZ Republic and the UK. Plus friends and acquaintances in Italy, the USA and Australia.

I hope you are doing okay. Feel hugged. I am off to post some things I did in the mountains with aquarel colours.

19. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Glad to hear you're enjoying Procreate!

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you @AzureAngel2 and @Khalia Octa :)

I’m glad to hear that you have been keeping up with creativity during these bizarre times, Azure. I hope you and the family continue to keep safe.

I’m finding certain things with Procreate to be much more convenient, especially with the gesture controls, Khalia. I’m almost finished an artwork and aim to post something up soon. Maybe unveil it for the virtual celebration which should be next weekend. Still a few minor things to finalise for that though there will be an opportunity to showcase a selection of our works.

21. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you, @Khalia Octa, me too!

With all the DC news coming out from DCFandome, I have the urge to do some DC themed art.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  23. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    I look forward to it if you do, I still remember the Bat-Man piece you did a while back :p

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you, I was going through some of the photos from that Batman photoshoot to see about doing another composition but with Wonder Woman, Justice League and the other announcements... so many ideas though will see after the current one I’m working on. :p

How are your artworks going? Are you working on something at the moment?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  25. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Yeah not too bad, just finished making a fake movie poster for a character from Agents Of Shield and now I'm trying to work out what to draw next ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.