main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Tired Mudhut Yoda versus Awake Forest Yoda?

StartCenterEnd and Django Fett like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is more of a "What I didn't notice" for years thing but, at some point around 1982/83, I somehow got it in my head that the title "Darth" was a shortened form of "Dark Lord of the Sith" and I kept with that for years until I read something somewhere that kinda clearly disputed the word having any such meaning.

3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    In Empire, during the escape from Cloud City, when Lobot frees them, Lando takes two blaster rifles. Chewie and Leia each have one, and Lando doesn't for the entire escape. Yet, as they reach the Falcon, suddenly Lando has a blaster rifle. Where did it come from?

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ Lando's always got an ace up his sleeve and a blaster up his... bell-bottoms leg?

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They shot lots of troopers on their way out. He grabbed a blaster from a body when the camera was pointed the other way.

6. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    But he isn't shown with one until right outside the Falcon.

7. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Luke's reactions during the whole "divine influence" scene are great. Like after Han claims that Threepio is an old friend of his, Luke laughs and facepalms right before the scene cuts to them being taken to the village.:oops:

I hadn't noticed this before someone else pointed it out not long ago, but right before Owen starts yelling for Luke the morning after Artoo ran off, it pans down into the courtyard of the homestead, and in the far right hand corner, you can see a transparent image of Luke standing there in one of the upper doorways. It's a promo image of Mark from the movie, but it kind of looks like a ghost.[face_laugh]

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    There is an action figure of Lando in Han's clothes...

But those aren't Han's clothes. That is a stand issue Rebel Alliance shirt. We see them in Blue, White, Tan, Black, and Olive. Everyone on Yavin is wearing them. The Rebel Fleet Troopers wear them in blue. Han switches to this style for the medal ceremony at the end of Star Wars. Luke is wearing one in black also with the collar open.

Then we have the vest. Maybe it's Han's vest. But again we see lot and lot of characters wear vests in Star Wars. Rebel Fleet Troopers wear this style Vest. Greedo wears a vest. Neim Numb wears a vest that is with nearly the same cut and pockets as Han's vest. In fact the pockets on Han's A New Hope vest are completely different than the Vest Lando is wearing.

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Come on... you pop the head off a ANH Han figure and glue Lando's head on it and you would have the above image. Standard Rebel issue is all well and intellectual but Lando just fled his home, leaving his personal wardrobe behind and is next seen sitting in the cockpit of Han's ship, where Han's clothes are kept and is dressed like Han was dressed in a cantina in Mos Eisley, before he ever joined a rebellion. Keep your Wookiepedia specs to yourself and stop trying to ruin this for everyone else. :p

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I grew up assuming exactly the same thing.

11. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    YEAH!!!!!!! Give em Hell!!!

Django Fett likes this.
  12. Triad Moons

Triad Moons Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 14, 2020
    Whet?! Now I have to go back and look, that sounds wild.

Binder-lover likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd never seen that either, and had to look it up just the other day. It's been removed from the latest release though.

14. Triad Moons

Triad Moons Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 14, 2020
    Aw, man :(. What was even the genesis behind that, I wonder?

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I decided to find this myself today and managed to spot it almost immediately. Crazy that I'd never seen it before.

16. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    One thing that I noticed is how there are references to chance or taking a gamble in The Empire Strikes Back "Artoo says the chances of survival.." and "The chances of successfully navigating an asteroid field...." and those early odds are certainly stacked in the heroes' favour.

However, in the end the house always wins and the gambles they take, such as heading for Bespin, Luke taking his chances and leaving Dagobah, Lando taking a chance with Vader's deal etc - end up costing them all dearly.

17. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    On Cloud City, we see Leia dressed in the evening gown for dinner with Han and Lando. They're captured by Vader, and following their capture, suddenly she is back in her Hoth outfit. When did she change her clothes? Where did she change her clothes? I doubt the Empire is going to give her the opportunity for a wardrobe change.

Sarge likes this.
  18. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Why not? She probably changed clothes in her cell.

19. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

20. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
  21. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I'm not quite sure if this counts as something I "never noticed" but it took me probably until I read the novelization to realize that in ANH, Han is saying, "Even I get boarded sometimes," and not "Even I get bored at sometimes"

StartCenterEnd and SlashMan like this.
  22. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    In the cell she was sharing with Chewie and C-3PO's body parts?

23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I noticed only about 6-7 years ago (with the Blu-ray versions) that when 3PO is describing the sarlacc pit to them while Luke and Han stand bound in front of Jabba, once 3PO mentions the "pit of Carkoon" (sp?) Luke looks at Leia and nods, knowingly. To me this implied that Luke knew that Jabba would sentence them to this, having built his whole plan around it.

24. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    One thing that makes me chuckle. In TESB when Luke is fighting Vader in the carbon freeze chamber, he knocks him backwards off it, then jumps down from the platform himself. He then pops up again as if he has landed on a trampoline

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Turn C-3PO off and have Chewie turn away. Easy. :D

He’s also a Wookie, so he isn’t exactly going to be attracted to female humans. Indeed, they probably think humans overall are disgusting what with our complete lack of hair save for the top of our heads.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.