main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Saga - OT Saga - ST Whispers Through Time (UDC IX)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sean Mason, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Title: WHISPERS THROUGH TIME (A Star Wars Anthology)
    Author(s): Sean Mason
    Timeframe: Throughout the saga
    Genre: Drabbles (Various genres)
    Summary: A weapon of immeasurable power intersects with many lives as whispers of evil echo for millennia...

1. IMPERIAL PROTOCOL (ADAMANT)

Field Report: Deck Officer Varis Wallun
    Assigned: Imperial Dreadnought Adamant, Patrol Route Sector Alpha-Alpha-Zeta
    Log Code: AD-111187-R-73

I’ll be damned if I take the fall for this. I follow orders, always have, and I know better to question a superior officer. But Captain Greaves was wrong today and it was his blindness to his error that lead to that ship getting away. I repeatedly tried to inform him that there was something questionable about that ships ID. He refused to listen. If it hadn’t been for the arrival of Lord Vader’s vessel I suspect the Captain would never have opened fire on them. I recommend ISB investigate Captain Greaves on suspicion of corruption.

2. SMUGGLERS CODE (ABIDE)

They were flexible sure, but Han abided by his own rules. Rule one: Han was true to his word so long as you were, and if you weren’t? Well you’d better be quick on the draw. Beckett had taught him that much.

“You owe me Solo…” said Zayr, a long, sharp finger pointed at the Correlian. “Show me the merchandise.”

“Way I see it, you owe me,” Han replied. “Those phoney IDs were no good.”

“Good enough for the local patrols.”

“Maybe. But not a Star Destroyer. They seemed real interested in this merchandise. That makes me real nervous. Figure maybe it’s worth double what you paid.”

“You should be more concerned about getting out of here alive,” Zayr raised his other hand, beckoning his bodyguards out of the shadows. Two Karkardons, heavily armed and even more heavily armoured.

Han smiled lopsidedly and reminded himself of rule two: Quit while you’re ahead.

3. BEYOND THE WILDS (AFIELD)

Aphra was in love. The artefact radiated power. Credit signs flashed in her eyes.

“So… Is it genuine?” Zayr’s patience ran as thin as his hair.

“Uh-huh, yep,” Aphra nodded enthusiastically. The medallion was forged from pure Yrllium, an ore that had only been found in the nebulae of wild space, worth a small planet on its own. Within the medallion a crimson Khyber crystal carved in the emblem of the ancient Sith.

Zayr’s smile irked Aphra. An artefact like this did not belong in the grubby paw of some two-bit backwater gangster. As far as she was concerned, stealing it was the right thing to do.

4. THE SHORT RISE AND VERY LONG FALL OF ZAYR LONGCLAW (AGHAST)

Zayr watched the twin suns rise. The Jorath medallion was meant to have made him the most powerful being in the outer rim. Instead, the woman Aphra had made him a laughing stock.

Jabba’s laugh echoed from his sailbarge, his booming exhalations met by the shrill laugh of that wretched Salacious Crumb. Below, the sarlaac chomped its beak, seeming to join in the laughter.

The roar of mockery quietened as Jabba’s latest translator droid spoke, “Let this be a lesson to all who stand against the mighty Jabba…”

The medallion should have worked, Jabba should have been under his Zayr’s sway. Lust for power had overcome his judgement. With hindsight, he should have tested it before going straight to the Hutt.

It was a bitter thought, but as Jabba’s translator promised, he would have a thousand years to digest it…

5. THE WORD OF EVIL - Excerpt from the Ancient Jedi Texts (AFORETIME)

Translators Note: Mistress Rey, thank the maker such a terrible weapon no longer exists. Does it?

I, Davik P’Rul, am the last of the Jedi sent by the Republic to investigate the dark planet. We were met by forces of immeasurable brutality, far worse than we feared. The weapon, powered by Jorath’s medallion, saps beings of their will. It corrupts the force, commanding the midichlorians that reside within all living beings. It makes traitors of allies, enemies of brothers. I had no choice but to scour the planet in a cleansing fire. It is with shame that I confess, to do so I had to draw on the power of the dark side. Victory perhaps, but at what cost? Worse still, I fear Jorath escaped and so I am resolved to my path. I abdicate my seat on the high council of the Jedi. Into the unknown I shall go for Jorath will die at my hand, this I swear. May the force be with you, for I fear it is no longer with me.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    amidalachick, Kahara and brodiew like this.
  2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great set, Sean! I enjoyed your OCs; Especially in adamant and aforetime. I want to see more of Davik P'Rul.

Kahara likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb first set. Very much a situation those who try to cross Jabba would run into :p And I loved your Han; he absolutely knows to quit while ahead.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    amidalachick, Kahara and brodiew like this.
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Excellent.=D=

Kahara and brodiew like this.
  5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Great opening set! I particularly liked Aforetime and its chilling glimpses of backstory. Very well-written!

[face_laugh] And that's just a great Han line!

6. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Second set! More jumping back and forth through the story. Even more loose interpretations of the "they can be a little over a hundred words" rule...

Summary: A weapon of immeasurable power intersects with many lives as whispers of evil echo for millennia...

6. OPERATION TYRANUS (RAID)

Mission Transcript: CC-1138 aka ‘Bloodhound’ (Beta Squad) and CT-4646 aka ‘Ratchet’
    Audio Log: “Operation Tyranus”, Serenno
    Authorisation: [REDACTED]

- There’s nothing here.
    - Tell that to the droids.
    - Stupid clankers. War’s over and the stupid [static] keep fighting.
    - Are we programmed any different? [static] There must be something in this vault we’re just not seeing. Even Dooku’s secrets had secrets.
    - Hang on - I’m picking up energy readings… Security grid cycling up!
    - This place is rigged! Look out!

[Laser fire 30 seconds]

- Thermal Detonator!

[Explosion. Static 112 seconds]

- You okay Ratchet?
    - I’m a little cooked but I’ll survive.
    - Will you look at that? Detonator took a chunk [static] the wall. There’s another vault behind here!
    - What is that? Some sort of medallion?
    - That’s what this is about? More good Clones dead… for some jewellery?
    - Jedi trash...

[Metallic breathing]

- Lord Vader, we-

[Lightsaber ignites]
    [RECORDING ENDS]

7. DARKNESS BECKONS – Excerpt from the journals of Davik P’Rul (PIRATE)

Note from Jocasta Nu: You have requested this book again Padawan Dooku? Remember, the temple library is not your personal repository!

My time in the light a distant memory. If only the Jedi council could see me now; Davik P’Rul, pirate king. I have not lost sight of my goal – though my prey eludes me – but I quickly learned that to survive in the wilds I have had to adopt many guises. My crew seek their fortune, I seek information. Yet it was not my crew that decimated the ship we found today. The survivors call themselves Chiss. They also seek Jorath’s blood. I know I cannot hunt the dark lord on my own just I as know that to understand those that use the dark side I must embrace it myself. There is great power lurking in the unknown…

8. LADY LUCK (SMUGGLE)

Lando grumbled impatiently as he padded across the suite, slipping the silk nightrobe over his shoulders. So far he’d been able to just enjoy the cruise, but not even he was that lucky. He prepared his most disarming smile and keyed the door.

“We have orders to search all cabins,” the Imperial scowled like he really did have a rod up his ass. Lando’s bedsheets stirred. “I only have one passenger registered to this suite. Who is in here with you?”

“Leonia Tavira,” Lando said.

“The Moff’s daughter?”

“Now I was sure the door said do not disturb,” Lando purred once all the blood had drained from the other man’s face.

The Imperial nodded nervously. “Yes. Of course. As you were.”

Lando climbed back into bed and took the sleeping woman’s necklace – the only thing she was wearing – into his hand. This item was hot, but not his concern for much longer, soon it would be Han’s problem and Lando could get back to enjoying himself…

9. FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BOLD (MARAUD)

Throk watched the skies as his crew grew restless, sensing that the time of waiting was nearing its end.

“Fire up the gravity wells.”

The Empire – if that’s what it was to be now – had not wasted time in stripping the late Count Dooku’s vaults. The pirate was happy to let the clones do the work, let them die in the late Count’s traps. Throk would wait until they were exhausted from battle, when victory made them careless and then he would claim Dooku’s treasures for himself.

The Venator class vessel was ripped out of hyperspace. Throk smiled.

“Open fire.”

10. NO REGRETS. (OKAY, SOME REGRETS) (STEAL)

Aphra held the true Jorath medallion in her hand. Zayr hadn’t been hard to fool, blinded as he was by his own guilt. No, the real challenge was going to be fencing the damn thing.

But Aphra was a do first think about the consequences later kind of girl – mostly because she was very good at making sure the doing meant someone else dealt with the consequences. She’d heard what happened to Zayr.

She’d found the whole thing kind of funny, until she’d heard the Imperial chatter. It wasn’t just hot, it was incandescent. Word was Vader himself was personally handling the hunt.

So Aphra waited in the bar, sipping a warm and disappointing spicy beverage as a gaunt-looking Twi’lek sidled up next to her.

“Grakkus accepts your terms,” he said in a thin, raspy voice. His breath wreaked of deathsticks. Aphra swallowed the last of her drink.

“Then lets not keep him waiting.”

brodiew and Kahara like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent adventures with each prompt =D=

Kahara likes this.
  8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Another great set! =D= I like the mix of formats with the recording and Davik's journal. My favorites out of this set were Smuggle (classic Lando! :D) and Steal.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh no! I'm late for the first ones!

Great first set and second set. Poor Zayr, one hundred years to think it over while being digested is definitely a terrible punishment.

I love your characterisations and insights into each character. Will make sure I don't miss the next ones :)

10. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Really enjoying the creepy vibe of these so far -- I'm not much of a horror fan, but stuff like this is a lot of fun! And it's interesting to see the story told through the travels of the artifact, skipping around in time. It certainly gets around the galaxy and sees a lot of characters on its way, whether directly or by story. (Also liked the scolding note from Jocasta Nu in Padawan Dooku's library book! [face_laugh] )

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  11. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looking forward to getting this week's prompts...

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Another great set of drabbles, Sean! Keep them coming.

13. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Third set featuring one of my favourite characters from the Legends canon...

11. KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM (PROFESSOR)

“Your confidence betrays you professor,” Vader said, a small movement of his raised hand releasing the pack of hungry deathtroopers on the academic’s quarters.

Professor Davalyne was quiet as he watched his life’s work be torn apart.

“You have deliberately hindered my hunt for the artefact.”

Davalyne sipped a glass of water. “A lifetime studying galactic history has taught me that no one, not even our dear Emperor, should possess that power.”

Vader turned slowly. “Then you must also know what happens next.”

With another flick of his hand the Professors neck snapped. A life’s work destroyed in an instant.

12. MUCH TO LEARN (SCHOOL)

“Been studying the ancient texts have you padawan Dooku?”

“Yes, Master Yoda.”

“What learned have you?”

“That there is much the council keeps from us.”

“Why that is do you think?”

“You fear the past.”

“Much to teach us have legends and myth. Think you that the council fears such knowledge?”

“No. You fear what might happen if others were to learn the truth.”

“Truth? What truths have the texts of jedi master P'Rul taught you? Hmm?”

“There is great power in the galaxy. If we hope to control it we must understand it.”

“Control you seek? Practiced your saber technique today you have? No. Neglected your training you are. Control of yourself you must master. When the time is right, when ready to understand the lessons of the past, teach these lessons I will.”

13. THE SCALPEL DOES WHAT THE AXE CANNOT (GIFTED)

She walks the halls of the fortress inquisitorious but she is not an inquisitor herself. She is ISB.

The Emperor favours her, trains her himself.

So Vader is wary of her. She enjoys this knowledge but truthfully she has no intention of usurping the dark lord. Her gifts are more subtle. She belongs to the shadows, so Vader calls on her now. She can go places that he cannot.

He waits for her. She has made him wait.

“Mara Jade,” Vader says. “Your emperor has spoken.”

She smiles. She knows this will be a mission worthy of her skill.

Finally.

14. ALL THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT (KARMA)

Palpatine meditated on Vader’s latest report.

The medallion had been lost and found many times, eluding the Emperor’s grasp for decades. Dooku had once possessed the ancient weapon but Palpatine had seen him eliminated before his once apprentice could turn it against him. His new apprentice Vader had retrieved it from the late Count’s secret vault but it was snatched away by pirates who did not grasp what they had stolen. Now the accursed artefact had surfaced again and Vader would redeem himself.

Wrath was Vader's great virtue.

Patience was Palpatine’s. He was confident that it would soon be rewarded.

15. NO LIFE WITHOUT RISK (GAMBIT)

Normally, success bored Jeskard Deluth. Success meant the challenge was over and challenge was the fun of a thing. This time however, success had lead to an invitation. The invitation was a question and the answer was a challenge.

“You spliced the random card generators,” said Derza the Hutt. “Cheated your way to head of the tri-planet Pazaak championship. The most secure championship this side of Imperial centre. Impossible.”

“Evidently not,” Jeskard replied coolly, taking a drink from the Hutt's shining protocol droid. “Anything can be hacked.”

“I should have you thrown out of the airlock,” the Hutt growled.

“But you won’t.”

“No. I have a job for you,” the slug leaned closer, his breath stinking of stale spice and rotting meat. “Something impossible.”

Jeskard sipped his drink. "For you maybe. Not for me."

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb set! Of these I liked School because Yoda's wisdom and Dooku's thirst for knowledge are very much in character. [face_thinking] And Gifted [face_dancing] MARA JADE! :) You have her in character as well. [face_love]

Kahara likes this.
  15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I am really enjoying these Sean. Karma and Gambit were my favorites of the set. Your characterizations of Vader and Palpatine are spot on.

I also really enjoyed the word play in the opening of Gambit. The story of the medallion throughout this drabble thread is intriguing.

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow! This has been an AWESOME collection of drabbles so far! I appreciate how varied your writing has been, bouncing back from original characters to the canon cast. And you've used so many unique formats and styles! I'm really impressed, and have enjoyed what I've read so far! :D =D=

In particular, I liked:

What a great way to tie in your prompt! And a very understandable complaint to file. :p

Ha! [face_laugh] This set was so quintessentially Han! Great dialogue; great scene: and great characters!

I loved Alphra's voice in this! And you've set up quite the adventure that has carried over a few sets now. VERY well done with that!

Oh, what irony there. Ouch! But, it couldn't have happened to a better guy. o_O

Oh, yikes again!! But the formating of this arc was awesome! A great way to tell your story. =D=

MARA!!! Spot on drabble was spot on. :p :D

Thanks so much for sharing these - and I have to offer a somewhat belated welcome to the boards, too! [:D] It's great to see a new face posting, and with such awesome stories too! [face_dancing] =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Kahara like this.
  17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    I think this is my favorite set of yours so far!

The way these lines echo each other makes it all the more chilling.

Loved seeing Mara as well! Really great work on these. Can't wait for more! =D=

Kahara likes this.
  18. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for everyone's warm feedback and welcome onto the Fan Fiction boards. I'm looking forward to diving further into everyone's writing once life settles down again next week.

16. UNSETTLED WATERS (MISTY)

Brel had fished the lagoon his whole life. Nothing ever changed.

He had taken to the water early after the storms had passed. Mists clung to the lagoon but Brel knew the waters backwards and there was no danger of getting lost.

That morning however there was a new rock formation out in the water. No, not rock.

A metal ship, smoking and half submerged. A horned man, his skin painted black and blue stood on the hull of the ship. He clutched a medallion in his hand, the red jewel at its centre glowing brightly. The stranger spoke in a foreign tongue yet Brel, who had never ventured beyond the great reef, understood him perfectly.

“You have a settlement nearby?” said the horned man. “Take me to it.”

Brel did not hesitate, he felt compelled to obey.

He was now a slave of Jorath.

17. PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE (LONELY)

It is lonely here, in the world between worlds. I am burdened with knowledge I cannot share when I return to the temple gate on Lothal. I carry this burden, perhaps not gladly, but dutifully. I am a Jedi. The living force guides my path.

I walk from portal to portal, following the weapon as it passes from hand to hand. Some are merely pawns whilst other are players, each with their own motives and desires.

Why me? Why has the force led me here? I do not hope to understand but I know what must happen.

It already has.

18. THE WEAPONS OF AN ASSASSIN (FIERY)

Mara does not hesitate, she acts.

The target, some loudmouth Trandoshan slaver, does not even register the scratch but it is not long before he starts to feel the effects of the poisonous Riji juice. Fear grips him; his blood itches, his vision burns.

The two Gamorreans standing guard by the stairs to the club’s VIP area move to subdue the raging Trandoshan, allowing Mara to slip upstairs without further incident.

There is her target; the Hutt’s accountant. He pays no attention to the drama below, lost as he is in the intoxicating allure of spice and women. She knows the encrypted datapad she needs is within her grasp.

Mara adjusts her shimmersilk dress, runs a hand through her fiery red hair.

The target is defenceless. She does not hesitate.

19. SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER NOT TO KNOW (GOLDEN)

C-3PO watched the blood drain from Master Luke’s face.

Alongside the eager Devaronian Alix Hoh, one of the earliest recruits to the new Jedi temple, C-3PO had been cataloguing the many Jedi texts that Master Luke had recovered.

At times C-3PO had happened across a text written in ancient Sith that the golden droid’s programming forbid him from translating. This was one such time, meaning Master Luke had to translate the texts himself.

“Threepio, have R2 power up the Womp Rat,” Luke said. “If this thing is still out there… it could destroy all that we’ve built. We have to find it.”

“Let me come with you Master,” Alix said. “I’m ready.”

Luke hesitated then clapped a hand on the Devaronian’s shoulders. Perhaps he recognised something of the youthful energy he once possessed, before he became master of a new Jedi order.

“I hope so Alix, I really do.”

20. NO ONE IS TRULY LOST – Excerpt from the Journals of Davik P’Rul (UNDYING)

Note from Jedi Master Yoda: Consider this passage you must Padawan Dooku. What here the lesson is, hmm?

Iio Denn was my friend. We studied the lightsaber forms together, meditated on the teachings of our masters. He was as much my brother as a friend. I knew the order would send someone to bring me back from the Wilds. He could not understand, how could he? He did not see what Jorath’s medallion did to that world, to the many brave and noble knights we lost.

I cannot turn back now when Jorath’s throat is so nearly within my grasp. I had no choice.

I clutched Iio too me as he died, struck down by my blade. My torment continues yet I know he will be at peace. All that soothes my conscience is knowing that there is no death.

There is only the force.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was another great set!

More goosebumps here! I liked the first person POV and the heaviness of the knight's duty you were able to convey!

Oooh, great action! It was wonderful to see Mara again. You had a great rhythm to the flow of this drabble. I especially liked how you bookended with the she did not hesitate.

Aw! I liked seeing Luke with the next generation of Jedi. [face_love]

Chilling! Wow! :eek:

Great job with these again! =D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting action and compelling first person perspectives!

Kahara likes this.
  21. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Another excellent set! You're weaving quite a story, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

All of these were great, and I enjoyed seeing Luke and Threepio in "Golden" but I think this bit was my favorite:

You really set the scene here with such a creepy, horror movie vibe! Great work on all of them! =D=

Kahara likes this.
  22. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    The ongoing time-skipping saga of the dangerous artifact is such a fun one, and I'm glad to see it continuing! :D It's really nifty to see it connect with all these time periods and characters. The more we see of Davik's fate, the more dire it seems. He's really got into more than he can handle alone and yet feels compelled to do so. It's interesting to see his side of the story from a personal journal.

23. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Week 5! Can't believe we're a quarter of the way through!

21. FORTUNE AND GLORY (TEMPLE)

I’m a bounty hunter, not a fortune hunter, Jango reminded himself as he hung suspended from the temple ceiling.

“I know,” Dooku had told him. “But retrieve this for me and I will grant your request for an unaltered clone.”

Jango scanned the floor below. There was the medallion. Too easy.

On cue, metal creatures on spindly legs emerged from the walls. Hundreds of them zeroing in on his position. The metal spiders had sharp pincers and sharper teeth.

Fire spit from Jango’s wrist mounted flame-throwers and the monsters kept coming. The machines made short work of his ascension cable but the ancient guardians had not prepared for a Mandalorian’s jetpack or Fett’s skills with a blaster.

Dooku would have his prize. Jango would have a son.

22. NOWHERE TO HIDE (SANCTUARY)

He’s scared, confused, making mistakes. He babbles, backtracks. Mara presses deeper.

“The medallion is in the vault.”

“Yes. But you’ll never get in there,” The Gran bookkeeper stammers, his eyes searching for an exit that did not exist.

“I don’t need to. You have access. You’ll steal it for me.”

“Grakkus will kill me.”

Her patience grows thin. It has been a long night, degrading herself to lower the accountant’s defences, removing rivals for his attention, getting him alone. Torturing him.

“I’ll kill you. There is no sanctuary that Hutt would provide that would keep you from the Empire’s grasp. You mean nothing to him.”

The Gran slumps in the chair. Mara doesn’t need some ancient cursed artefact to make someone do what she wants; just time and patience.

She has plenty of both.

23. LORD AND MASTER (SHRINE)

Brel carried his little sister and laid her down to rest. She was still and cold. Her body, like the others, would help build the foundation of the shrine.

In awe of the visitor and his medallion, the villagers had lined up and willingly submitted themselves to Brel’s blade. Usually he only used it to gut kupa fish so he was skilled in its use. Death came quick. Once the shrine was finished he suspected his new master would ask him to turn the blade on himself.

He would do so gladly for his new lord.

This Sith lord Jorath.

24. SANDS OF TIME (MONASTERY)

Cold winds bit into Luke’s skin as he stepped from the Womp Rat’s boarding ramp onto the grey sand of the beach. He closed his eyes and reached out to the force.

There used to be a village here, now a monastery stood in the ruins.

Luke sensed Alix behind him, the young Jedi resting a hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. You didn’t need a high midichlorian count to sense the darkness on this world but there was nothing to fear now.

The inhabitants were old and weak, worshipping a lord long dead. These people were corrupted by darkness but no longer a threat. They huddled around a skeletal shrine blasted by centuries of wind and salt blowing in from the lagoon.

Jorath had been here but the medallion was long gone. This was but a step on the journey and there was still far to go.

25. ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER – Excerpt from the Journals of Davik P’Rul (PILGRIMAGE)

I know that my mission nears its end. I know it will be a long walk back to the light and fear I do not have the strength for it. Or the desire for redemption.

Jorath slaughtered a world. He slaughtered my Jedi brethren. I think, in a way, the noble Jedi Davik P’Rul died that day as well.

This slow pilgrimage into shadow has consumed me. I have joined with pirates, consorted with the Chiss, turned my back and my blade against those that wish to stop me.

The Chiss sky walker tells me that we have arrived. Our numbers are few. I have trained them to counter the effects of Jorath’s cursed medallion. They are eager for battle.

The planet waits below.

My quarry waits below.

So too does our fate.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superbly written connections amongst a variety of characters whose paths intersected this mysterious artifact

Kahara likes this.
  25. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999

Ahh, because that wasn't disturbing! Great work on all of them and just amazing little snippets. Loved that some still had that horror element even though they were so short.

Kahara likes this.