main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I was having a little fun with it, too.
    The bigger question is why would the Empire go out of their way to go collect their belongings and give them to them in the cell?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Apparently Tatooine is the "Deep South" of the GFFA. [face_laugh]

C.Roach likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, they did just sit down and all have dinner together. That dinner with Vader and Boba did seem very high-toned and fancy. Perhaps there is some level of etiquette within the Empire's methods. ;):p

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  5. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    *cue space banjo music*

6. castin

castin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 11, 1999
    Something I didn't really think about until my most recent watch of the CT--the Force and the notion of Jedi Knights are regarded with pretty healthy skepticism by a number of characters in ANH. Han Solo derides Obi-Wan's teachings as remnants of "hokey religions" and Officer what's-his-name on the Death Star trumpets the power of the battle station at the expense of Darth Vader's "sorcerer's ways" (only to find himself being Force-choked of course). Strange when you consider that the Jedi were an unquestioned and pretty damn ubiquitous reality throughout the universe in the PT and their extermination took place less than 20 years before the start of ANH. But in the sequels, this idea is completely dropped. I only thought about it after reading Leigh Brackett's first draft of ESB, which continues the thread of Force-skepticism and even has Luke himself doubting his abilities and Obi-Wan's teachings at the beginning of the script, now that he is a few years removed from them and has seen no further evidence on that front.

I wish the notion of Jedi-as-myth had been carried more prominently through the series. You get a hint of it when Anakin exclaims in TPM that Jedi cannot be killed.

TOASTEROVEN and Jediking97 like this.
  7. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    -C3PO impersonating God/Lucas in Endor -him retelling the saga- with the ewoks as soon-to-be fans of the films they are in.
    -Han's line with 'sister' and 'revolution' in it started to sound funny at some point.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    BlackRanger and StartCenterEnd like this.
  8. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Adding to this, Han also says, "it's a good bet the empire knows we're here". Gambling and chances and numerical odds seem to be a running theme through Empire, you're right!

9. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    The last time I watched rotj I noticed Jabba’s pet has his own fancy cushion. Although he chooses not to sit on it. Seems to prefer j-boys flab.

The Senate likes this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Scorch marks right by Landos head after Vader had deflected Hans blaster fire on cloud city.

Bad Cane likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Vader learned redemption through the least likely of sources.

A man named Veers somehow managed to be the only Imperial to actually stay on the proper course, even at the expense of his own life.

If someone called veers can defy all expectations and stay on proper course, there is hope for all of us.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I see what yaw did there.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Interesting theory. I don’t recall Veers bungling something up and having to redeem himself.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's good because he didn't. My post did not even hint that he did. He redeemed his unfortunate last name by being the only imperial to not veer off course.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Originally it was meant ironically I think - he was "staying on target" by firing at the power generators, right up until Hobbie rammed his doomed snowspeeder into Veers' AT-AT and killed them both in a deleted scene.

Now Captain Needa - that's a guy who Vader saw was in need of a Forceful hand. ;D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  16. IrB

IrB Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    That's just my guess, not coming from any comic o novel: It suits Palpatine's purpouses that Jedi were seen just as imposters. In fact, Palpatine hides his own Force power to the wide public, so that he can be seen a wise old politician and not as a Sith (bringing people questioning his good will), so he has no need to publicy show his use of the Force. It suited him to hide he is a Sith during Republic and still it suits him during the Empire. Plus, if people don't believe in the Jedi's good will and powers, it's easier for the Empire to track down remaining Jedi, since they hardly are helped by population. So, imperial propaganda went far in telling Jedi were just an hokey religion, that misled people with tricks to keep political power for Jedi Council. After 20 or so years, it works: people still remember the existence of Jedi knights (even Luke, shielded at most by his uncle in the most desolate planet of the Galaxy, knows what a Jedi knights was, even if he doesn't knoe they used the Force), but by now imperial citizens are skeptical about Jedi having any real power and they are loosing knowledge about a Force. Of course, then, there's Vader and his "sorcerer's way", but as much as he is feared by people, he isn't respected: probably in most people opinion, he's just a weird henchman that Palpatine uses, because he's a military genius or something like that. The fact that he openly declares to believe in the Force is just one of his weird traits for most imperials (of course, his officiers can have a different opinion based on their experience, but they don't probably go around gossiping about their very moody superior). So, I guess presuming a strong imperial propaganda could be a believable explanation, given what we are shown in the movies.

castin and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I never noticed until the other day, but Luke has the same blaster as Han does. It looks like the only thing missing is the scope, but otherwise the same.
    [​IMG]

18. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I’ve seen ANH many many many times, but during my rewatch today I’ve only just noticed that you can see Vader’s eyes in one shot during the trench run when he is tailing Luke. How have I never noticed that before ?!

19. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I never noticed in ESB that Leia is standing in front of a sculpture in her room on Cloud City that is a giant DNA strain, which is foreshadowing that Vader is gong to reveal himself as Luke’s father later in the film, and Leia will learn she us Luke’s sister in ROTJ.

[​IMG]

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    After Luke breaks up Yoda and R2's little fight over the lamp in ESB, Yoda whacks R2 one more time with his stick and giggles. Cute little bit that I had somehow never noticed until tonight.

sith_rhino likes this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Took me until Rebels to notice that one of Threepio's lower legs was silver rather than gold, and it's also that way in A New Hope when I then rewatched them to see what else I missed or had forgotten about - a lot, as it turned out, like the entirety of Artoo and Threepio in the sandcrawler or the snowspeeder patrol at the start of ESB

22. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    In ESB, after Luke got all of his supplies from the X-Wing, he puts down a board so he didn't have to jump in the water again to cross to the tree stump. There's only so many outfits you can get soaking wet, although he's guaranteed to have caught something jumping in that water the first time.

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
  23. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Wasn't until last year that I heard all these weird sci-fi noises coming from the scene in Obi-Wan's hovel from ANH. I had never watched the movie with headphones on so I heard EVERYTHING. The noises are especially noticeable right after the Leia hologram turns off and no one is saying anything. I guess they are supposed to be the noises from all the electronics that Obi-Wan has in his home, but they sound like generic Star Trek type noises; nothing like anything else in Star Wars.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    If Han hadn’t shot, perhaps they’d have a banquet before being interrogated. :D

25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Robot Chicken did a skit about that.

LedReader likes this.