main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    @Pandora - My réponse to the classical music challenge - The choices we make. I used it together with the OC challenge on changing a characters allegiance/alignment which turned out to be really fun as the music fit the idea really well.

2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Mira_Jade The haiku challenge is another absolutely amazing idea! Those haikus are simply stunning. [face_love] I really, really shouldn't, but...that's never stopped me from doing anything before. [face_laugh] Could I have #4, please? But if someone else wants it, feel free to give it to them instead.

And I second @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's suggestion to share any other lovely inspiring haikus you care to. [face_batting]:D

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like the challenge, and of course you can have #4! You can never have too many prompts, I say! [face_mischief] :p Your haiku is . . .

how holy a place
    green leaves, young leaves, and through them
    the sunlight now bursts

And I did put just a few more haiku under a spoiler tag in the OP, as requested - they were on my list but didn't quite make the cut. Feel free to use them however you'd like! [face_love]

I also have (somewhat belatedly :oops:) added @mavjade's and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's fabulous stories to their respective indexes, so those should all be current now! That said, it really is great seeing the variety of stories being written for these challenges, and I can't wait to see what comes next! Keep 'em coming, all! :D [face_dancing] [:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Pandora for your classical music challenge, if #1 is available, I'd like it please [face_batting]

6. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha : It is indeed available, and now it is yours! You have received Summer (from the Four Seasons) by Antonio Vivaldi.

-------

@Kit' : I have (with some delay--blame the fact that I am reduced to borrowing computer time on my father's WindowsXP desktop) added your story to the index, and "liked" it. It may take me a while--what with the aforementioned limited computer access--but I will read and comment on it, and every story posted for my challenge, eventually.

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    It's all good @Pandora. Limited time and sharing computers always sucks. If you get time that's amazing but if you don't that's all good too. Please don't stress out on my behalf. @};-

8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Thank you so much for the lovely haiku prompt and for sharing the extra haikus, @Mira_Jade! They are all so beautiful. [:D][face_love]

And I finally wrote something for one of my previous prompts! A Star Wars ficlet even! :D

All I Remember Are The Dreams In The Mist is my offering for the beautiful Language of Flowers challenge. Thank you so much for coming up with it!

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! And what a beautiful SW ficlet that was! I'm thrilled that you found the prompts so inspiring. I've added your story to the index, along with @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's equally lovely fic, too. [face_love] =D= [:D]

10. castin

castin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 11, 1999
    Love this idea! Could I take the last remaining spot please?

Also, if a challenge does not specifically say whether the resulting piece must be specifically Star Wars related or can be any fandom, do I assume the latter?

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You got...

Linkin Park – “Numb”

And yes, any fandom is fine.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  14. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Music is the one thing that consistently inspires me to write and keeps me going in general. I love all sorts of music but there are a few songs and artists who hold a special place in my heart. One of those artists is Johannes Linstead and his "guitar of fire". Sultry, summery, romantic, passionate, full of life - I love it all. [face_love]

So, without further ado, I give you the Guitar of Fire Roulette! Pick a number between 1 and 5, I'll assign you one of these gorgeous guitar pieces, and you write a fic inspired by it. Once you've written your fic and posted a link, I'll add it to the index!

I also want to add that this challenge was partly inspired by @Pandora's classical music challenge, which proves you don't need words to inspire wonderful stories. So happy writing, and happy listening, and thank you for participating! :)

Participants:
    2. @Mira_Jade
    Song: Bewitched
    3. @RX_Sith
    Song: Flows Like Water
    4. @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Song: Hour of the Lamps

Index:
    4. A Perfect Day by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, what a beautiful contribution! I've added that to the index! :D [face_love]

And, @amidalachick, I would love to take #2 in your Guitar of Fire roulette! Writing for the Classical Music Challenge was one of the most interesting things my muse has done in a while, and I would love some more inspiration along those lines! :D

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
  18. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
  19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    #3 please for Guitar Challenge

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Finally added Mighty Fine Deal to the Firefly challenge! Yay! Sorry @madman007 for taking such a long time.

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Even though this has gone very quiet I suddenly had inspiration late last night for another challenge and the amazing @Briannakin has let me do it!

So, this is the nursery rhyme challenge. If you choose to accept it, you will be given one of the many, many nursery rhymes but it won't be the very, very well known ones of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Humpty Dumpty. Instead I've gone for some of the less well known ones for inspiration. Some have a definite theme and others not so much but hopefully they will inspire you to create an amazing fanfic!

So may I present to you

The Nursery Rhyme Challenge!
    [​IMG]

1. @Raissa Baiard with One for Sorrow
    2. @devilinthedetails with What are little boys made of
    3. @brodiew with One Moonshiny Night
    4. @Pandora with Roses are Red
    5. @RX_Sith with Lady Bird, Lady Bird

Completed challenges

2. @devilinthedetails' lovely All Things Nice
    5. @RX_Sith's amazing
    Star Trek: Uhuru and Her Childhood

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  23. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    #5 for Nursery Rhyme

Mira_Jade , Kahara, Kit' and 2 others like this.
  24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'll take number #2 in the Nursery Rhyme Challenge. Sounds interesting!

25. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Number 5 is an oldie but a goody. [face_love]

Lady Bird, Lady Bird

Ladybird, ladybird fly away home,
    Your house is on fire and your children are gone,
    All except one, and her name is Ann,
    And she hid under the baking pan.​

Hopefully this one gives you a lot of inspiration - particularly around gender norms [face_love]

What are little boys made of

What are little boys made of?
    What are little boys made of?
    Snips and snails
    And puppy-dogs' tails
    That's what little boys are made of

What are little girls made of?
    What are little girls made of?
    Sugar and spice
    And all things nice
    That's what little girls are made of[