main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Future Of The Force/Force Users Post TROS

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Ghost, Mar 25, 2018.

?

They should, whether still called "Jedi" or not... (see post for more detailed descriptions)

1. 1A- allow marriage/offspring/family

56.8%
  2. 1B- NOT allow marriage/offspring/family

9.6%
  3. 1C- multiple temples, some like 1A, some like 1B

24.0%
  4. 2A- be centralized, all accepting assignments obediently from a single council/leader

10.4%
  5. 2B- NOT be centralized, wandering do-gooders following the Force

31.2%
  6. 2C- multiple temples, some like 2A, some like 2B

36.8%
  7. 3A- affiliated with the (Newer?) Republic

14.4%
  8. 3B- NOT affiliated with any government

46.4%
  9. 3C- mutiple temples, some like 3A, some like 3B (and some even possibly serving other governments)

21.6%
  10. 4- Should be of all careers/cultures, not strictly "Jedi"... & even non-sensitives

21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I once created a similar thread title "future of the Jedi." Someone argued for pages and pages that if the Jedi changed, they could no longer be called Jedi, so don't call it future of the Jedi. To prevent a similar semantic debate, that's why I said light-siders/

Mortis shows the Father was wrong to try to balance light and dark. And also that the Mortis idea of light and dark was different from the dark side and the light side, for the Father warns the Son in the second episode that he's in danger of falling to the dark side, asking him to resist it. Light and dark weren't meant to exist in harmony. When Yoda faces his shadow, do they learn to work together? No. The resolution is Yoda recognizing there is dark inside him, there will always be dark, but by knowing it he can master it and choose not to follow or be dominated by it. Also, Mortis didn't happen in Anakin's mind as Obi-wan and Ahsoka also remembered it and documented it, and the Mortis trio are seen carven onto an ancient Jedi Temple on Lothal.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Darkstrider

Darkstrider Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2020
    Exactly, balance is a choice. But I don't agree in the choice having it be either or...it is both. Whenever a situation requires each. To completely deny one's darkness is not just wrong but dangerous. That also depends on what one means by 'darkness'. It is not only thirst for power, genocide and murder...those are just some of the extremes of the unbalanced 'ego'...

It is funny that one mixes terms Jedi and Light...do tell me if you think that PT Jedi, in all their arrogance and pride, actually were 'Lightsiders'? It is also funny that you say that Yoda recognizes the dark inside him, but won't allow it to dominate him. Does that mean that he succumbs to it sometimes? How else could he 'recognize' it...one does not know what one does not 'know', if you catch my drift...

No one witnessed the premonitions of Anakin/Vader but him, correct me if I am wrong, and that happened in his head. Didn't watch much of TCW after that, is it established that Ahsoka and ObiWan actually talked about that which happened in Mortis trilogy? How did they document it? Please point me in the right direction I would like to know where it is mentioned afterwards.

Perhaps you misunderstood me, didn't mean to imply Mortis wasn't real, just that what we saw in Mortis trilogy happened inside Anakin's mind. Mortis as a concept is very real, I am sure, because force wielders are a fact...

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The Jedi of the PT were neither arrogant nor proud. They were tricked by the Emperor. Only Palpatine calls them arrogant. No one else. They are shown throughout the movies to be humble, trying to keep the peace, and unwillingly accepting the Grand Army of the Republic from the Kaminoans, only because they are desperate and are losing the war against the Separatists, who literally want to take control over the galaxy and destroy democracy. Which eventually happens, because the Jedi failed to recognize the deception. Not because they were proud. Not because they were arrogant. Their intentions are good, and they are actively trying to restore peace and prosperity to the Galaxy, but they failed because Palpatine spent 40 years orchestrating the perfect plan.

Also, Balance Of The Force is the light side prevailing over the dark side. There is literally a video of George Lucas explaining the Force to Dave Filoni and the rest of the Clone Wars crew when making that animated show, more than 10 years ago. And Yoda recognizes that there is the potential for darkness within him, like there is in anyone, but he actively and consciously rejects his dark self. And that's when his dark self is defeated. All of these are metaphors about how each one of us needs to constantly reject the fear, the anger, the suffering within us, so we can achieve balance and peace in our lives. It has never meant that we should embrace our dark side and let it just be there, it is a constant struggle to suppress any dark side emotions, which would lead to us being bad people. It is the same with the Force. The light side is harder, but it bring everlasting joy. The dark side is easier and quicker, but it only brings temporary satisfaction and long term suffering. All verbatim by The Maker.

PS. This new trend that somehow the Jedi were bad, arrogant, ignorant, negligent and who knows how many more, needs to kinda stop. People are reaching the wrong conclusions about the Jedi because the wrong people are giving the wrong interviews and saying things that are completely opposite of what GL intended, but also give the wrong message. We are not all "grey" with a mix of this and that. Some people are much better than others, sadly and unfortunately. Cause this means that some people are plain bad, and it is what it is.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Obi-Wan: But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him…well, arrogant.

Yoda: Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think both the prequels and the clone wars showed the hubris of the jedi order, beliving Ahsoka was guilty shows the arrogance and blindness of the jedi order. And TLJ i think comments on that.

Fin McCool and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  6. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Wow, would have been great to see Luke leading a new crop of students to explore all those poll questions in 7-9

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys, just a reminder to not bring arguments about the other films in here. There are plenty of places to bring up those points in the appropriate forums. Let's keep discussion here about what we'd like to see in the future. Thanks.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Here is what post ST force users should look like.

A growing but still small Jedi Order (though I don't want the Jedi to ever reach pre-order 66 lvls ever again). One in which a Jedi master does not take on training multiple students at a time. So Rey doesn't teach 2+ students together.

Keep deadly lightsaber duels to being rare, we have other eras to see them more popular.

No return of the Sith and also no more dark Jedi who are Sith wannabes. I don't want to see new red sabers come to be.

A new lightside faction that aren't Jedi.

A darkside faction that is quite different from the Sith (maybe a group of assassins). Darksiders who don't naturally carry sabers (unless a trophy from a dead jedi) but a variety of other weapons, perhaps some being saber resistant so we can still see duels.

No more darksiders trying to conquer the galaxy, unless we saw darkside invaders who originate from another galaxy. Their are plenty of ways to see darksiders with smaller goals.

The rare dark jedi. But one who isn't corrupted because of Sith influence. Perhaps he turns dark to "right" some wrongs of injustice in the galaxy. Maybe he feels the Jedi are not doing enough to help people from the evils of the galaxy, so feels the Jedi need to change.

With a small Jedi order and a possibly a galaxy without a Republic, their can be various reasons why the Jedi are not able to help out people as much as they used to be.

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Not affiliated with government and no centralisation - in an effort to avoid mistakes of the past. The Jedi were bogged down in the Republic’s war and a lot of their people were cut down at the Temple during Order 66.

Ghost likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The main threat to the Jedi, the main cause of their destruction both in the Republic and in Luke's attempt to revive the Jedi, is Mental Infection.
    Essentially Sidious getting into the heads of powerful but vulnerable young Jedis and using them to cause destruction.

So, if I was rebuilding the Jedi again, I'd create a heavy duty Stalinist Jedi order where everyone is regularly mentally monitoring each others Force Purity. Making sure each other is still truly on the Light Side. In a movie this could be a little creepy, and an allegory for something or another. And of course some evil Darksider would know how to get around this and manage to corrupt someone anyway.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's right. His main assault was to their outlook. Whether by blinding them or influencing their thinking. The major blows were to the inside of them.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side..."

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Holocrons revealing the locations of Force sensitives, ala Fallen Order, would've been ripe material for the ST to explore. As it stands I think I prefer the idea the Jedi are wandering do-gooders like Broom Boy possibly becomes.

Jedi Comedian likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd support a Lucasfilm-wide diktat enforcing a ratcheting down of force powers, and evil destructive powers, across the board in order to avoid the slippery slope/ arms race that happens between superheroes and super villains. I don't want some distant galactic finale to be about the existence of the entire universe being threatened by an all-powerful multidimensional god, who is opposed by dimension-surfing super Jedi whose feet never really touch the ground.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  14. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    So wandering lone Samurai, rather than Jedi Force: Galactic Police?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes.

Fin McCool likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    no, we had enough of lone jedi with the OT and the ST let's have a real jedi order again where the jedi roam the galaxy and solving problems.

17. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Instead of sticking to just one temple, I would prefer if a future Jedi order (still not huge) had a large space ship of their own, taking the role of a mobile "temple". Which can also be used to visit various Jedi sites throughout the galaxy.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Ehpik and GregMcP like this.
  18. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    "Starlight Beacon"
    A Light Side Death Star, hyperspacing about and defeating evil.
    I think it comes down to the tone of the next movies. If they are high fantasy, or more earthy.

I could see a band of Jedi living somewhere like Achtoo. Living simple Shaolin Monk lives in a fairly primitive, ancient environment.
    Or... it would be a nice little bit of tension. The Lone Samurai, the Hermit Monks, and the High Tech Agents, all with different views of that a Jedi should be.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d rather there be no central Jedi temple (except perhaps for occasional all-Jedi gatherings). With perhaps 12 or so generally independent Jedi centers (in remote systems, but also perhaps in a couple lucky Jedha-like urban areas, or in the poor and obscure parts of major urban areas of Coruscant, etc), run by Jedi masters with perhaps 5-10 students in each center. Sparse, but not totally sparse.

Ghost likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I want like they were in old days jedi on ach-too, and other birt place of the jedi. Jedi on Corucant. They'll rebuilld and grow numbers beyond their past.Now both force users and non force users can join their ranks. the jedi will be open to all religions of the light side.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel like they’ve been seeding a lot of potential Jedi or former Jedi throughout various forms of media since Disney took over. Just to list a few...

1. Rey
    2. Finn
    3. Ahsoka Tano
    4. Ezra Bridger
    5. Dhara Leonis
    6. Pypey
    7. Alora
    8. Temiri Blagg
    9. Hedala Fardi
    10. Eila
    11. Unknown number of survivors from Luke’s academy
    12. Cal Kestis
    13. Cere Junda

That’s just off the top of my my head but I’d say that it’s a nice start to the rebirth of the Jedi Order. Now obviously not all of these Force users are in the same place and some may not even be alive anymore but I like to think that they’re doing all this work knowing that down the line there’s a story where they will come together to form the foundation of a new Jedi Order.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah i think it will be a gruop effort and won't simply be Rey alone doing like Luke. I old lady Tano from the old order might help create a new one.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just as long as it’s not so many that the stories risk becoming always-escalating superheroic conflicts.

24. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Having order 66 survivors form a new Jedi order is a frakin cop out.

I hate what they did to Luke’s Jedi Academy, then sticking the responsibility on Rey’s shoulders, but what’s done is done.

While it’s unfortunate, Rey is the last living legacy of the Jedi by the end of TRoS, and canon needs to stick to that. No help from old Jedi who should be dead at this point.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think the jedi has reach super powers yet. I think the jedi will be the same as poerlevels goes that has been in the saga. I think conflics in the future probaly be small conflics until we get alien invasion. the sith are gone, the darkness is dormatn but may rise up again. I think it's too mutch on one person and she may get help from both new and old force users. And there thousands if not millions of them in the galaxy Rey travelling could meet them.