main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I actually liked that they held Maul out of the first episode mostly. It made it way more exciting when we actually see him at the end. And we got a glimpse of how Maul’s puppets ruled Mandalore.

Bor Mullet and darkspine10 like this.
  2. Fel Corvax

Fel Corvax Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2020
    What about those unfinished reels? I would like t see obi an and anakin stranded on a planet together.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul's role was changed with the finished arc considerably. He's much more connected to the cosmic Force and to ROTS, he's masterfully sinister, precognitive, focused and has a purpose in this story and sets up beyond for his future appearences. He orchestrated the Siege and its outcome to target Skywalker primarily and then attempting to have Ahsoka join him to kill Sidious, he also a plan to survive the chaos . Death Watch and Mandalore were meant to be lost and Death Watch was fine with that, Maul ruled them more as an omnipotent figure not just a military leader or king. They were all committed to Maul and his war against Sidious. The Shadow Collective leaders went into hiding like terrorist cells do to await Maul's return & orders. He gave Death Watch their last hoorah. The cartoon also pretty much makes it clear that Maul did not spend much time on Mandalore either.

In the Ahsoka novel he retained his cloak in the concept art , he de-robed prior to fighting Ahsoka. But that story bits are completely different, it was more a straightforward battle. Ahsoka and the rebels ousting Maul's regime, then the Clones get activated on Mandalore and it all falls apart. Maul was more or less a stranded despotic type in that version ready to battle to end with Ahsoka, while in the cartoon he does not want to kill her and he sets up Death Watch for their deaths and the regime change. And he knows the future. The Ahsoka novel and Rebels are more tied as they appear in continuity, than the TCW finished version(which is superior).

4. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    Guys, should I or someone else ask Matt Martin or someone else at LucasFilm on twitter about Serolonis and if it's the planet Boba Fett and Cad Bane had their standoff on?

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's worth a shot, I suppose.

GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  6. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020

Ok, I did it!

Moll, chrcharcor2 and cwustudent like this.
  7. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him!

8. LucasFiloniFan1

LucasFiloniFan1 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2020

Here’s MY theory regarding all that:

Since Wookiepedia is now believing that Son of Dathomir and Dark Disiciple take place prior to the final season of The Clone Wars (Ahsoka in the Underworld, Bad Batch, and The Siege of Mandalore), I believe Maul was able to get the Shadow Collective because Rook Kast vowed that she would hunt the Black Sun and Pykes down and make them swear loyalty. Plus, Maul is a former Sith Lord and can use his skills learned from his master to regain control of his Criminal Empire. That is why I think Maul still has control over the crime syndicates in The Siege of Mandalore arc and in Solo, though I hope a potential Solo follow-up/sequel/spinoff series shows his criminal empire falling apart from an Imperial attack with Darth Vader coming in, dueling him, and nearly killing him, but surviving thanks to maybe Qui’ra sacrificing herself for her, that way Maul will be able to escape Dathomir and arrive on Malachor by the events of the Rebels Season 2 finale.

This first part of my theory ties into my second part, which is how I, in my headcanon, would explain Marg Krim’s survival. In the Dark Disciple novel, it ends with his fate being left ambiguous as the Black Sun fleet prepares to kill him. But, what I think after that is that giant ship of Dryden Vos from “Solo” dropped out of hyperspace with Vos giving a transmission urging Ziton Moj to call off the attack on Krim or his master would make him pay. Moj would ask who’s their master. Then, entering the hologram would be Maul with Rook Kast coming next to him saying “I told you I would hunt you both down.” Moj would respond in shock saying “Lord Maul! Please forgive us, we didn’t believe you would survive.” Following that, Maul would say “I would suggest you and the Pykes return to my side and swear loyalty to me or Dryden Vos, here, will destroy your fleet.” They quickly avoid the attack, as Maul’s army of Mando ships drop out of hyperspace and all Pyke, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn and Mando ships jump to hyperspace to begin resuming matters for the Shadow Collective.

Also, with everything now being said, I also believe what other things Maul said he had to attend to in “Together Again” was orchestrating the Siege of Mandalore and going to Dathomir to dig up Ventress’s yellow saber, store the Darksaber in Talzin’s cave, reconstruct Ventress’s saber with his remaining saber from Phantom Menace and build his new double-blades saber.

That’s my way of explaining this whole menusha of a tangled web.

Now, I would also like to explain how they can adapt the Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc to keep it as true to as Lucas’s vision as possible, while also acknowledging Solo.

Exhibit A: Aurra Sing’s fate - They can still have Aurra die in this arc as planned by Filoni and Lucas, but with a twist. Since we don’t know how Aurra was meant to die (whether it’d be a ship crash or a shootout or murder by Boba), what they can do is do a similar ending in the first or second part of the arc showing Aurra attempting to escape in another ship only for it to crash again. However we see Aurra escape the wreckage and scream “Yes, I survived, nothing can stop me” only for a blaster bolt to hit her later and make her fall off the cliff of the wreckage over a mountain. Afterwards, the crew can have the camera show a silhouette arriving through the smoke and Beckett approaching her dead body and observing it from afar, reporting to Maul and Dryden on a holoprojector that Sing is dead to which Maul says “well done” and ends with Beckett walking away with a smile.

- As far as Cad Bane’s fate, they can still have that happen in the arc as Filoni and Lucas planned. They can explain the whole Cad Bane giving the bounty hunter the Jedi Temple plans thing that was mentioned in “Kanan” by having, in the beginning, a narration newsreel or a mention of the events saying that once Cad Bane was broken out of prison, he gave the person who broke him out the plans to the Jedi Temple to infiltrate it in the event the Jedi eventually fall.

- As far as Sugi’s fate, we don’t know for sure that she did die in this arc. I mean they can make it look like she was captured, knocked into submission and betrayed by Embo once Bane joined him, hence the unfinished clip shows Embo’s pet, Marrok, with Sugi’s knife in his mouth. Once Bane is dead, Sugi decides to go on missions alone and leaves her team, hence why Sugi is in Aftermath.

- Also, I don’t believe George planned to kill Hondo since Filoni said that, like Maul, Hondo is one of George’s favorite characters. So, I think Lucas spared Hondo, along with Ahsoka, Rex, Maul and Saw.

- And, as far as who the child is that Boba and Bane rescue, it’s gotta be Sabine, since we see the art of Bane on her wall, as a sign that she saw him as a hero and legend, alongside Embo.

- And, as far as the question of what made Boba’s armor, they can have it be that the Mandalorians on Krownest awarded Boba with green beskar Mandalorian armor as a reward for saving baby Sabine and a way to remember his father.

- Oh, and one more thing, I believe this arc would have to be slotted between Son of Dathomir and Dark Disicple to accommodate for the cameo of Dryden, Beckett, and Maul and to show Boba getting Slave I back in this arc plays out directly into the next arc, Dark Disciple.

That’s my way of how they can do this without changing continuity. That is all.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha. That’s great. Hook, line and sinker!

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Just keep killing off Aurra Sing only to have her return. Even Beckett probably didn't kill her. She's tricky like that.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s the canon Shaak Ti

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I imagine if they ever did the Bounty hunter arc and it involved Aurra Sing's death they'd just do what they did with Dryden Vos in SOM. Just stick Beckett randomly in the background of Boba's bounty hunter crew and have him unceremoniously do the deed.

Only potential problem would be that Lando mentions in Solo that Sing had it in for him, so would it still work in the clone wars timeline when Lando is probably only around ten years old? (I can never remember Solo's place in the timeline so I have no idea how old Lando would actually be)

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Lando is 24 by the time the Clone Wars ended. It's probably reasonable in one of his earliest gambles during the war he met her maybe just before this arc takes place..

Darkslayer and MrDarth0 like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s almost like everyone assumes that Lando and Han are the same age, but they aren’t. I don’t know if it was changed to better match Billy’s real age or glovers, but I do like the change.

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    still hope we get the Yoda-Kashyyyk and Rex-R2 arcs in some form.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    So what are we missing still?

10 arcs made up of 40 episodes?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh I just realized the poll I made all those years ago us missing some arcs.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You screwed up, JKF, and you’re never gonna live it down. I’ll be here to remind you of it from time to time in case you forget.

Moll likes this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be interesting to remove Walkabout and SoM then restart the poll.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  21. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    So how do you guys think Boba Fett got his armor?

We know he used Jango's helmet as a bomb in Season 2. The rest of Jango's armor was left on Geonosis, unless someone took it and later refitted it to Boba.

According to Dave Filoni in the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2 Creating Mandalore Featurette," he says, "Once you have that silver-blue, black and grey armor, of course the first thing is why is Boba's green? Where is that coming from? And from the point that we've established in the Clone Wars, to the point of wherever Boba gets his armor, there's one thing that I think is important, that Mandalorian armor exists during the Clone Wars, Mandalorian armor is very close to the design and use of Boba's armor. Boba has tricked his armor out, he's added a few things that our Death Watch don't have, because he's a bounty hunter, and much like a gunslinger in the old west would shoot someone and take their hat or take their guns, or you know, you win a victory over another warrior and you take something of theirs, Boba Fett's armor is probably made up of different pieces of found Mandalorian gear, it's a little hodgepodge of mix-and-match, which kinds of lends itself to the idea he acquires different pieces of Mandalorian armor over time, why does he do that? Because his Dad wore it, that's the connection for him. So I imagine since Mandalorian armor isn't really being created again and again and again, when you look at the time of the Empire, Boba just whenever he finds some of it, he fixes it up, he uses it, he's probably got a bunch of it in Slave 1. Different rocket packs, we've seen that on Boba, different wrist guards, we've seen that on Boba. So how do our Death Watch go from being silver, pristine looking uniform military guys, there must be something that happens between here and where Boba's getting all this weird green, and yellow and red armor, and um, we'll just have to wait and see."

Ok, Course Dave Filoni could've changed his mind since Season 2 for how he imagined Boba got his armor, but it can't be that far off.

LucasFiloniFan1 said earlier in this thread that Boba could've got his armor from the planet Krownest, we know there's Mandalorians there and Star Wars Rebels reuses places like Fort Anaxes, Kessel, Republic Medical Station, Dathomir, Stygeon Prime (The Spire), Viszla Keep 09, etc. What if Krownest was one these places that was supposed to be in the Clone Wars?

Another place that is possible is the planet Concord Dawn, as Jango Fett claims to have been born from there. Concord Dawn was another place that was in Rebels, what if it was supposed to be in Clone Wars? Rako Hardeen was even born there too, so there is some connection!

Some other Mandalorian planets come to my mind Like Zanbar, Mandalore, and it's moon Concordia. I don't think Boba got it from Mandalore, it's seems like quite the detour and Maul's forces are occupying it already.

It seems likely Boba Fett got his iconic Mandalorian armor in Episode 3 of the "Bounty Hunters" arc, so this possibly rules out Tatooine, Kessel, and Serolonis.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    cwustudent, darkspine10 and Moll like this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Technically no. If your talking animation then yes, but the story to 4 arcs totaling 16 episodes have been released in novel, comic book and unfinished animatic. Ventress novel is the 8 episode arc, the Sons of Dathomir is the 4 episode arc adapted to a Dark Horse comic book series, and the unfinished animatic released on Season 6 Blue Ray of the Clone Wars. That brings us down to 24.

You have to remove two arcs of 4 episodes each. The Return to the Jedi arc with Ashoka and the Quarren/Padme arc with Nossi Ri. They both are no longer canon. And that's because the sith shrine is not discovered by anyone now except Palpy knowing about it alone and the last one something to do with the Nossi Ri character dying or something and then still living. But those two are done and ain't coming out. That leaves us with 16 episodes/4 arcs left.

The Bounty Hunter arc, is the most sought after one and that 4 parter is not being released for whatever reason. That brings it down to 3 arcs left of 12 episodes.

Those last three are the Vong arc, the Rex-R2 arc, and the Yoda Wookie arc. I doubt we will ever see the Vong arc one, but the other two could be possible in other mediums.

What I would love to see is a season 8 lost mission 2 where they animate the crystal crisis arc, and they do the Rex-R2 one and the Wookie-Yoda arc. That would be three more in the bag. And as a tribute to all the fans, release the two arcs that are no longer canon as legends material in either novel or comic book form.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    We can’t really just throw away the Bounty Hunters arc because it’s a piece of Boba Fett’s story that is unfinished. Not to mention the unknown fate of Cad Bane. I think we could say it may get told in a different story and or medium, but we can’t just say that the heart of that story will never be made.

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    For me, if it's not animated then it's not released. I totally agree with what you are saying, but like the Bad Batch they need to be released in finished animated form.

16 Episodes of 4 arcs isn't that many. That gives me hope.

Where did you hear that The Return to the Jedi and Quarrn / Padme arc are no longer canon? Is this official? Can they be reworked to happen at a different point in the series than before or with other characters? Like if Quarren ? Padme arc is now set before Bad Batch? Sad to hear what George Lucas okayed is just being dumped.

Will the Sith Shrine info show up anywhere else?

While Son of Dathomir is what I want to see most animated the Bounty Hunter arc is my #2.

I still have hope after we get some other Boba Fett info Star Wars can circle back to this or tell this same story in another show (Live action or animated) or movie.

I heard the Vong are reinvented to line up with George Lucas's vision of Star Wars. This isn't what the EU Vong are. Finger still crossed we can see this new vision.

Those are good filler episodes I'm dying to see but Disney needs an anchor arc to promote the series around on the level of Seige of Mandalor. The four arcs tha tcould carry that weight are Ventress parts 1 and part 2, Bounty Hunters, and Son of Dothomir.

Fingers crossed we see them all.

Darkslayer likes this.