main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He gets better towards the end of the season, and in season two. Ezra was more annoying to me, overall. At least Kaz is good hearted. Ezra was always such a dick. That said, they really did overdo the slapstick and pratfalls with him.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I just wish the series focused more on starfighter battles so Kaz could show off his flying skills more

Seriously, it's criminal how underused the aces were when they were the face of the series during the initial marketing

Sudooku likes this.
  3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am four episodes into Season Two and Kaz is worse than ever. And personally, I will take a good hearted dick over a slapstick fool any day. I actually love Ezra's character. He was definitely not likable at first, but I love where they went with him. I find it much more interesting to see someone with flaws, Kanan was similar. Ezra grew up throughout. He was taken in by the dark side a little... he was such a teenager and by the end he was grown up.

Kaz is just like... a good person and sort of a spoiled rich klutz but... all the shrill screaming and shrieking and being completely inept at shooting a blaster. It just constantly crosses the line into obnoxious.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Blobofat and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t really disagree (and I did end up liking Ezra a lot more by the end of Rebels). As for good-hearted dicks, the Han Solo/ Humphrey Bogart types, who play cool and cynical with their acid wits and yet are total softies, I like a lot. But the Ezra kind of dick (just witless adolescent meanness) doesn’t appeal to me. And well-intentioned fools generally don’t bother me. So I found Kaz more likable overall. But Ezra’s character arc was ultimately a lot more interesting. Though to be fair, Kaz had to bow out after two seasons. Ezra was still incredibly annoying to me by that point in Rebels.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Definitely some personal preference between those two. But yeah Ezra was still solidly frustrating at times by the end of season two.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    Kaz doesn't grow because he's never put into predicaments where he learns how to do anything he doesn't already know or need later

Heck, he got onto a First Order station just fine in Station to Station and the only reason that went south was because of Jace

7. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    After rewatching season one something that’s really confused me is the timing with the last few episodes happening at the same time as the force awakens.In the episode Descent we see Kaz contact Leia and she sends him the coordinates for their next base but the forst Order doesn’t track them until after the new republic is destroyed which hasn’t happened yet.We know the battle of Takodana hasn’t happened yet so what’s going on as of the force awakens when Leia contacts Kaz?

8. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    My best guess is that Leia's message is when Poe and BB-8 are still missing (Poe is presumed dead), and this is before the Battle of Takodana. Probably while Rey, Finn, and BB-8 are on Han's freighter.

But, "Our next base" still doesn't make sense, because they've been at D'Qar for quite a while- at least since before the beginning of the Poe Dameron comics, which takes place before the series starts.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I love the design of it but the actual animation grates on me. I love aunt z too tho the star if the show is the Station itself

Sudooku and Vinylshadow like this.
  10. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    It's a shame it was cut short, because some of the later episodes were gorgeous in their art and animation, and any episode featuring the First Order was fantastic

whostheBossk and Sudooku like this.