main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Future Of The Force/Force Users Post TROS

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Ghost, Mar 25, 2018.

?

They should, whether still called "Jedi" or not... (see post for more detailed descriptions)

1. 1A- allow marriage/offspring/family

56.8%
  2. 1B- NOT allow marriage/offspring/family

9.6%
  3. 1C- multiple temples, some like 1A, some like 1B

24.0%
  4. 2A- be centralized, all accepting assignments obediently from a single council/leader

10.4%
  5. 2B- NOT be centralized, wandering do-gooders following the Force

31.2%
  6. 2C- multiple temples, some like 2A, some like 2B

36.8%
  7. 3A- affiliated with the (Newer?) Republic

14.4%
  8. 3B- NOT affiliated with any government

46.4%
  9. 3C- mutiple temples, some like 3A, some like 3B (and some even possibly serving other governments)

21.6%
  10. 4- Should be of all careers/cultures, not strictly "Jedi"... & even non-sensitives

21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    14.Baby Yoda

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I knew I was forgetting someone! :yoda:

3. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Just remembered another one,
    15.Jacen Syndulla.:kanan:+:hera:

I do think this could be a better idea. If you start with Rey and Finn only it will take at least a decade before the Jedi Order even returns to decent numbers. But if you have some vets with you with experience, it will increase the number faster.

Have to say, I've always been curious about whether Ashoka taught anyone for years now.
    Yoda-Dooku-Jinn-Kenobi-Anakin-Ashoka-???

what happens to this fantastic Jedi Line? Would be a shame if it ends with Ashoka.
    you also have with Ezra, Windu-Billaba-Jarrus-Bridger-??? Could be fun if he taught Jacen Syndulla.

Kenobi/Yoda-Luke/Leia-Rey-???

these Jedi lines means even the Jedi of pre-Rey Jedi pass down to new Generations. So Jedi like Yoda, Kenobi, Jinn, Anakin, Luke, *Leia*, Windu, Billaba's legacy continues to live on as long as those lines don't end. With Luke you also get the new Founder of the Jedi taking his name to honor him on top of it.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    They are going to drop liabilities and keep a few that are either undivided success (Ahsoka, Ezra, perhaps Jacen if he catches on in rebels sequel) or they invested too much to drop despite division (Rey). Everyone else is completely disposable and I daresay they are better off creating brand new characters to fill larger roles.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    starocean90 likes this.
  5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It depends on what you mean by superhero conflict. As a lifetime comics and Star Wars fan, what makes the conflicts interesting, no matter how outrageous in terms of action, are things like character motivation, interesting themes and story.

For example, Rey and Kylo essentially start engaging in superhero action in RoS, and what makes it work or not work, despite the anti-realism of action, is whether the basic conflict between them and their own internal struggles are interesting enough.

So wild action is _usually_ only tensionless and silly when there's no narrative depth or tension to it.

The best superhero comic stories succeed for this very reason: the crazy action is grounded with believable, moving, intriguing ideas and emotions.

Star Wars has often focused on the depth or tension of some kind and that's what's always made it so much better than other mindless action stories.

But wild actions in and of themselves are _not_ an inherent problem, which it sometimes seems like you're implying. Action like this is part of filmic spectacle and thus is paradoxically, ironically related to certain kinds of art house cinema, like The Satyricon and other forms of non-narrative decadence or pure art aesthetics.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think Finn is likely another one and Baby Yoda too. I mean Yoda was initiated into the Jedi when he was 100 and Baby Yoda is already 50, post IX your getting close to 80 year old Baby Yoda.

but yeah, I think the focus is likely on the more high profile characters. Those characters outside of baby Yoda (maybe when a lot older) could be the "Jedi Council". I mean Luke had to build from scratch alone, Rey doesn't have to. And then the rest are likely to be brand new characters.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Actually Yoda was brought into the jedi order as an infant in canon it's legends that says 100 but then that goes against the idea in the prequels. Also Yoda was ajedi master at 100 years old. I Think, Finn, teenage Yoda, the two force sensetive kids from resistance will become jedi and join Rey. Ahsoka, Ezra and Jacen will probaly join in soon.

Mostly Handless and starocean90 like this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    ah thanks, mixed up the little of Yoda's backstory there is.

With how advanced Baby Yoda is wouldn't be surprised if he does become a master at around 100+. Completely forgot about those Children from Tehar and their Sith Temple shenanigans.

well I'm glad that Lucasfilm does have set up for force characters beyond just Rey/Finn if they want to use them. Which I hope they do. I want the Jedi to repopulate faster than if Rey has to start from scratch. Rey alone will take her decades just to make progress.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it will be an assamble group of force users, old and young, kind of like an avenger group of misfits. If all possible force user still lives that we don't know the fates of then we have around 10+ force users. Also Merrin and Cal might rebuild the nigh sisters that were also viped out.

qui-gon-chan and starocean90 like this.
  10. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I'd like to see an arc about the order rebuilding itself. I don't want there to just be a new order in a future film minus the flaws people objected too. I want to see how they avoid the mistakes of the old order. The prequel Jedi are criticized for being closely linked to the republic, but in many ways being connected to a powerful government gave them a lot of benefits. If new Jedi are free agents, then they shouldn't have the same level influence that the old one did, which would create a different set of problems.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I mean Rey worked with the Resistance aka New Republic people and was one of them vs the FO. You help them in one massive war but then go free agent?

at the same time, with the stupid demilitarization post ROTJ, I'm sure now new Republic is very very likely to militarize in post IX. They would be dumb not too. Their forces wiped out in a second and the Resistance barely won, they needed back up fleet to win.

This in turn could create new conflicts too which could make the Jedi be free agents make sense. Focus on helping the people directly while the Republic has their own army. They could get involved if some massive threat comes for the Republic. At the same the Republic themselves could create problems for the Jedi. Maybe at some point, they would try to force them to serve them etc.

would be interesting to see what planet becomes the seat of the Republic. I want it to be Coruscant again.....not a fan of the rotating planets idea the new Republic had......outside of it saving Coruscant in TFA, LOL.I think it would be a big waste to ignore the Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Thousands of years of history and legacy there. They don't necessarily have to move back there but would make sense for it to be a "Jedi outpost" of sorts and tie it to new Republic.

Jedi might try to build new Temple elsewhere as their headquarters. Maybe somewhere that less people have access to and know about the location.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the republic will try to be more open and friendly then it was in old days of regime. I thikn Corucant will once again be the seat of power. And the jedi and other force groups i think will move around the galaxy they won't just stay in the city planet. Also about military have small forces and divide them as a defence fleet to republic systems and not a military army.

Admiral_Wyvern likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't think they would stay in city planet either. From Luke and Rey they seemed more focus on nature and first Temple. To them both, City planet is foreign and less connection to the force there.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think one of age of Republic, the Qui Gon one talked of how the jedi order residing on Crucant might have been a mistake on the jedi order's path as it closed them from the will of the force.

15. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    Agreed about baby Yoda that he will be used in the future. he's a true star. I'm shocked I didn't include him.

However, I honestly don't think they'll do something like all these characters getting together to train. Too fanficky and no plot. Training is no plot. Who are they gonna fight? TCW was lucky that it had a period of real threat to explore. Mando has period between 2 big wars. But ST ended with the defeat of the ultimate evil that was behind all wars. Tough to come up with something compelling and big enough after that. Especially to justify the crossover between Ahsoka/Rey/Baby Yoda since they are the stars.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    compelling enough like Attack of the Palpatine Clone Army. After the death of Palpatine clone on Exegol the remaining clones retaliate.:p

The Final Final Order.

17. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it would be interesting to have multiple cultures of Jedi that are at odds with each other (in the way they practice the force, not making war on each other); it only makes sense with all of the force sensitives in the galaxy (10,000 at the time of AOTC per the novel) that they could develop groups with different cultural practices, and have different roles/meanings in the various societies in which they are reared.

There could be a lot of interesting storylines to develop from this. Set decades after the ST, groups of Jedi could have evolved separately of one another with very different life practices. Some could adapt the old ways of the Jedi order, but some be very different. They could have to put their conflicts aside and be accepting of one another to fight darker Jedi that arise, something to that effect. Lots of ways to go with this.

The Dalai Lama actually has some important points about celibacy that one could relate to the Jedi. He feels that it enables less drama and emotional ups and downs, more balance in life despite the challenges he admits it brings. While I don't think it is necessarily a good idea to force celibacy on priests and such in the society we currently live in, I also believe some such as the Dalai Lama who find contentment in it; I don't think I am anyone to tell groups, cultures, or individuals how they can live or what makes them happy as groups or individuals. You can be an be ethno-centric and dogmatic in either direction; it isn't as black and white as people make it out to be. Also, if you blame celibacy for abuse and perversions, you don't have much of a grasp on those aspects; pedophiles become priests, not vice versa. I actually like the idea of monk-like Jedi who are dedicated to their lives with the force. You could have different cultures of Jedi that practice different things, and complicated scenarios where they are in conflict about it, and there is no right or wrong.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...d-spirituality-why-the-dalai-lama-doesnt-date

I don't think the Jedi order as Lucas made it should entirely disappear, as it involves tenets central to SW. I don't want it entirely remade in the vision of writers and fans; keep Lucas's essence alive.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

This is list of force senstives that we don't know the fates of and future off. Could we see them post TROS. We knoe Ahsoka and Baby Yoda still around post ROTJ same with Ezra only half away the galaxy. Jacen Syndulla might be one of Ahsoka's apprentices or Ezra might train him and he might be around the ST. Cal and Merrin is in question, Cere most likley dies before AHN.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Jacen Syndulla has to be one of the dumbest and least creative design decisions in Star Wars.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Erkan12 likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Thanks to Filoni, lol. I almost hope they retcon him into a twilek. Like those kids in clone wars was they were half breed.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Erkan12 likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t know if Jacen was a Filoni creation. He gave the design the green light (pun intended), I’m sure, but do we know if it was his idea?

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know if he created him, but we know it was his idea of him and his name. I likley approve the look of Jacen. Hopefully he looks better as he matures.

24. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    I think they just needed a boy for the last scene quickly so they came up with whatever. They'll redesign him in the sequel.

25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Jacens appearance should be retconed. What is the point of making him a hybrid, where the only difference on the outside is he has natural green hair?

It also goes against the alien looking twilek/human hybrids from TCW.

Add lekkus to Jacen.

Mostly Handless and Erkan12 like this.