main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    TLJ novel:
    This was 2-3 years after Endor. At some point shortly after ROTJ, the dice reappeared in Han's life. Did Qi'ra too, or someone from that period of Han's life? Leia knows about her in the comics, and Qi'ra's last line to Han is 'I'm right behind you'

I wonder what was going on with Han's 'women always know the truth, always' to Finn.

In any case, the dice were last seen in 'Ben's' hand. As if they had turned into a force ghost or something (Yoda's FG stick was with him in TLJ,so maybe it's possible!)

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    If the movie doesn't make sense on its own, I'm not gonna give even more of my hard earned money to Disney so they sell me more stuff that "fixes" their movies.

3. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    I don’t think there was anything deep that we were supposed to take away from the dice other than that they belonged to Han and were supposed to remind Leia of him? I don’t think the dice needed to have any sort of significance between Han and Leia for them to mean something in the context of the scene between Luke and Leia — it was clearly an allusion to Han and I didn’t see anything wrong with that.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That's interesting with young Ben Solo and the dice. Too bad we dont' see any of that in the movie. Both Luke and Leia seem to be using a object to help focus and project themselves though the Force.

Were the dice ever actually on Crait? Did Luke hand them to Leia across time and space? Kylo Ren definitely picks them up. That's when they disappear. Luke's projection seems to be made up completely of light. He has no solid form or mass. But the dice do.

5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How did palpatine survived after Vader threw him down the hatch in the Death Star 2?

Is palpatine a clone in the rise of skywalker? In both legends and Disney Canon of the post return of the Jedi, he does come back.

6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    His body in TROS is a clone. He transferred his essence to it.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    black_saber likes this.
  7. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    C3PO calls Finn 'master Finn' in Pasaana (the cave scene).

He calls Rey 'mistress Rey', and also speaks about general Organa.

'Master Luke', he says in TLJ. So...Anakin, Bail, Luke, Finn?

How, when, who?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The dice were supposed to reappear in TFA, when Han hangs them up in the cockpit after having gotten the Falcon back, but this was cut. This can still be seen in the BTS doc though. Apparently that scene in the script (and, I assume, dailies) was what inspired RJ to add them into TLJ, not knowing that it'd be cut from the TFA.

9. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    If we go by the films, those dice were there when Rey left D'Qar; but not when the ship left for SKB. In other words, Han didn't put them there. I think it was Leia before she said goodbye to Rey. Either she already had the dice, or Han gave them to her before leaving. 'For luck'. Similar to Han and Qi'ra.

Narratively, the purpose of it would be to change the Han-Luke connection to a Leia-Luke connection, with the memory of Han being a part of it. (R2D2 went with Rey, and not BB8, to underline the Leia-Luke connection. BB8, for example, couldn't have played the ANH Leia hologram)

So maybe Leia left the dice lying around at the end of TFA (and Chewie picked them up). That's what Leia did at the very end of the film, apparently changing Luke's plan -which was to mindbridge Ben and Leia- into something else.

One wonders if she had been trying to tell Luke something about someone all along. Besides Han, that is. Luke gets very emotional at the end and sees the twin suns and everything. Leia originally knew who Rey was in TFA, and maybe Luke did too, before dying.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    When do you think Luke put it together about who Rey is?

Did he know before the start of The Force Awakens? Image how that would have looked to Luke when Rey showed up.

11. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Well...originally, Rey's parents belonged to the so-called 'clan'. The clan was at war with the KOR (Cailey Fleming, young Rey in TFA, said little Rey was wearing 'war clothes')

Here we have a tribe and a raiding tribe:

Was this lesson a playful version of something real from the past, something based in Luke's own experience?
    In this deleted scene, Luke quotes Obi-Wan 'greater numbers' line. These tusken raiders once kidnapped Shmi and attacked Luke himself. One could consider the KOR and/or Ochi as 'raiding tribe', 'vicious' like the sand people.

'Will you be here next month?', says Luke.

12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I had no idea Rey's parents belonged to the clan at one point in planing. That is facinating and ads so much to this deleted scene. Rey can see herself as the villagers. It also is tell for why Luke or the Jedi (If this is before the temple attack) didn't help.

Is it possible Rey was planned to be part of this clan in addition to being related to Palpatine? She could be both the way Luke was a moister farmer and the son of the Chosen One?

13. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    'Cloning, dark science' was not enough when it came to cheating death. Palpatine had only this rotting body and also a son/clone who was useless (he was not FS) I think cloning was his original plan. It didn't work.

So he had to bow to the natural and abandon the unnatural. In other words, he needed a mother.

So (the 'plan') maybe he set the soon loose and then followed him, even arraging for him and a certain woman to meet. That would have been a part of his revenge - maybe the woman was known to Leia.

('Clan' in those leaks is a reference to Yuki's clan in Hidden Fortress I think. Leia was based on Yuki, and so was Rey. Leia's clan in ANH included Bail Organa and Obi-Wan but also, less directly, Luke and Han and Owen&Beru, and Chewie, and so on...'clan' means, ultimately, the good guys' 6 degrees of separation)

So, the son/clone and this woman. The resultant offspring would be of some use. But the child had to be taken from his/her parents.

Retrospectively, once Palpatine ventured into the 'natural' realm and out of his lab, he was doomed.

He didn't know about all those jedi ghosts, but they did know about him. Enter the 'dyad'.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Wow I like this. Not sure if you found this in a book or if this is excellent head canon. Either way it fits.

For my head canon Palpatine created the son who was genetically solid, like a fantastic cloned / original lifeform creation. But when it came to the Force the clone / son is a big zero.

When Palpatine's plans for a new cloned body fail his discarded 'son' has a new use.

Palpatine manipulates the Force to create a second Chosen One. Where Anakin's father is the Force and his mother is Shmi, Palpatine's son / clone is the father and the Force is the mother for the second one. The Son / Clone's wife is Rey's birth mother while genetically her mother is the Force.

And the Force Ghosts do seem to be an essential part of destroying the Sith once and for all. Also being on Exegol could be part of it. Either way it might have been impossible to once for all defeat the Sith without Anakin and Luke on the spirit side of the battle.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Cheesy question.

What happened to Jessika Pava?

16. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Based on what I’ve seen on Wookieepedia, it doesn’t appear that there’s any canonical explanation for what happens to her after Resistance Reborn because she isn’t in The Rise of Skywalker. I’m curious as to whether or not Lucasfilm will eventually offer a legitimate explanation for what happened to her character, though.

On a separate note, this question kind of spans across all three films in the Sequel Trilogy, but it’s certainly something I thought would be answered by the end of The Rise of Skywalker and never was. Do we know how Artoo came back into possession of the Resistance? He was with Luke during the destruction of his Jedi temple, but being that Luke went into exile afterwards, do we think he briefly reunited with Leia to return Artoo to her? As far as I know, there hasn’t been any canon explanation for this, right?

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I think it was Artoo that actually explained to Leia and Han what had happened at the temple. As Luke didn’t want to face those two.

He probably left Artoo where his signaled would be picked up by Leia and Threepio.

Billy_Dee_Binks and Trev Elyt like this.
  18. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    Luke to Rey on Acht To:
    "Who are you?"
    Luke in TROS reveals he knew all along.

Bad retcon JJ.

19. sian1965

Apr 26, 2020
    Am I the only one who thought from the beginning that I'd walked in half way through the film?
    A load of the story seemed to have happened before TROS started.
    Who was the alien on the Falcon that rather resembled a w***y?
    Who were those people attacking Kylo?
    Who told Rey meditation could help her commune with Force ghosts?

20. sian1965

Apr 26, 2020
    Sorry about the double post.

21. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Ah, interesting — I never thought of Artoo being found by Han and Leia. I guess I also keep forgetting that Leia probably would’ve been able to sense what happened. The only thing she couldn’t sense was where Luke was because he closed himself off from the Force, so it totally makes sense that she could’ve either found Artoo based on his signal or felt what happened through the Force. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  22. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The first two are supposedly explained in the Visual Dictionary material.

I’m assuming the last one is something Rey picked up from the ancient Jedi texts.

23. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    No retcon at all for me. I think he realized this by the time. Maybe the penny dropped at “It didn't scare me enough then....it does now!“.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, nothing really indicates that Luke knew the entire time.

EDIT:
    Klaud. He's a mechanic.
    The Alazmec.
    Leia. That's made pretty clear in the film.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Awushi Awere likes this.
  25. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I finally got around to watching the movie. Honestly, I don't know what to think of it. Is it as bad as many people think? Probably. It does have its moments though. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, having watched it only once, but here are some things I just could not wrap my head around:
    - What is a/the (?) Death Star doing floating in some ocean on a remote planet??? What DS is it supposed to be anyway. Both the ANH and ROTJ ones were completely destroyed. They exploded/disintegrated! Was another one made (in addition to that Starkiller Base) by the First Order or in secret by the Empire during the OT era?? Why? And how did it end up in an ocean? I think Jar-Jar has an obsession with crashed Imperial artifacts that Rey likes to climb around in. How did she find that throne room anyway? I mean that thing is huge, and no elevator seemed to have worked. Did she climb all the way up that tower?
    - Since when can Sith lightning destroy entire fleets of starships?
    - How could Han appear to Kylo in the flesh, not as a ghost?
    - Since when can Force ghosts physically interact with objects, like catching lightsabers or lifting X-Wings?
    - Series of short hyperspace jumps: how come they always ended up on the (dangerous) surface of a planet instead of deep space?
    - Why did that Star Destroyer at Cloud City crash? Endor?
    - Since when is healing/exchanging life energy one of the Jedi's or Siths powers?
    - How does killing her grandfather make Rey a Skywalker???

There are many many more things that don't make sense, but those are the ones I noticed most for now.