main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Ultimate Drabble Challenge IX: A New Drabble - Week 20 is here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Apr 24, 2020.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I've updated my collection with this week's series of drabbles starring Leia Organa Solo.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Qui-Gon continues with his adventures in bird bites

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, I’m thinking of hopping on the drabblewagon. Thinking, at very least. :D And if I do, would it be permissible to combine more than one week of prompts in one post, to begin with, in the interest of catching up? Say, the first two or three, so that 10 or 15 drabbles were in the post? Or would you prefer one prompt-set per post? Either way, I would go in order, of course. Thanks! :)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

Yeeeees, give into the UDC!! [face_mischief] [face_devil] Speaking for myself, I would love to read a Finds drabble collection, so I rather selfishly hope that your muse decides to give this a go! :D [face_batting] [face_dancing]

If and when that happens, you can post as many drabbles in one post as you'd like! However you would like to post your drabbles, go for it! We've had people post two and three sets together before in the interest of catching up, so there's certainly a precedence; I've done as much before myself after falling behind. :p We are trying to keep this as a relatively relaxed challenge to encourage as much stress-free participation as possible. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Posted Week 6 in Raise The Candles High. And the Stones' "Beast of Burden" will be stuck in my head for the rest of the night! :p

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And, onwards we go with . . .

Week VII

Bight
    Thrush
    Barrel
    Vintage
    Key

I am really excited to see what the prompts inspire! [face_dancing] [face_mischief]

10. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I know you mean thrush as in song bird but it has a different meaning in Australia...

Also have idea for it and it won’t involve characters having to seek help for an itch they just can’t scratch

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness but I just googled out of curiosity and I can't believe I did that. I promise that I was only trying to stick to my overall theme of drabbles, in which a thrush bird is very special! But um, well, the other definition may just inspire some amusing reading too! [face_laugh] [face_blush] :oops:

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    My seventh set of drabbles focusing on Padme Amidala is posted with this week's prompts. Thanks for some beautiful words this week, @Mira_Jade, and I admit I had to look up what a bight was[face_blush]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    It's comforting to know I wasn't alone in that. [face_laugh]

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Don't mind me, eternally in the corner of shame over here . . . :oops: [face_blush]

divapilot, Kahara, Kit' and 2 others like this.
  16. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Fell slightly behind this week so only just got Week Six of Whispers Through Time uploaded. Hope you enjoy!

17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    My first thought when I saw these prompts was: Barrels + vintage = wine. [face_love]=P~ Then again, it's Friday so it doesn't take much to make me think of wine. [face_laugh]

Also, I associate the word 'thrush' with a horse hoof disease. I don't think anybody will be writing about that though! [face_laugh] The bird is much nicer!

And @devilinthedetails and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, I had to look up 'bight' too. :D

In all honesty though, this is a really beautiful set of words and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I honestly look forward to it all week. [face_love]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I could continue my story in bird bites

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Bight? (Honestly, I read that originally as "blight"...) **googles...** Oh!

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yay for Australian geography and not having to look up bight although I read it initially as blight too @DaenaBenjen42 :p

Given the confusion over the word thrush I went completely ocker and tried to write most of mine in Australian vernacular. It made me realise that a) there are a lot of words and turns of phrase that I use when speaking that are uniquely Australian which I thought everyone used and b) that Australians swear a lot (which I knew) but that most of our slang terms are just us trying to find creative ways to add more swearing. O:)[face_rofl]

Don't worry though, no swear words made it into the drabbles - trust me :D

This week's drabbles

21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Week Three of "Into the Drabble-Verse", featuring my AU Jedi Academy.

Kahara, Kit', Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  22. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Kahara, Kit', Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I am so glad to hear it! (And I'm glad you liked the word list too, I was afraid I had rather missed the mark this week. [face_blush] :p [face_love])

As for myself, I fell just a bit behind, but I have last week's drabbles now up in Cut Into Little Stars, this time featuring a few of my favourite Star Wars ladies being their awesome selves. [face_love]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Week 7 is up in Raise The Candles High.

Fun fact: I didn't intentionally start out associating songs with each week but looking back over the past few weeks it's become a thing apparently. [face_laugh] So this week is "Songbird" and "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac!

Kahara, Kit' and Mira_Jade like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Posted for Week Seven :)

Kahara, Kit' and Mira_Jade like this.