main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Engage!" - Star Trek: Picard Discussion Thread [Paramount+/CraveTV]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Voider, May 16, 2019.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Or the might give La Forge some new powers.

[​IMG]

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Who is based on a real person. Who actually hates him.

:p

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "I reget nothing!"

K2771991 and Darth Downunder like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You stood right there relatively recently. Picard will stand there in 400 years ;)

5. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Leah Brahms killed him becuse he was cheating on her with hologram Leah Brahms:p

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    while the canon of the literature is always a dicey prospect, the stuff for Discovery and Picard has apparently been done in collaborations with the writers rooms, so the Picard Countdown comic ended with Picard calling up Geordi who is running the engineers on Mars. While everyone on the show seems to have a tragic backstory built in, Geordi probably already got his, cuz Mars done blown'd up by Synths/Evil Rommies. Which could be a way for him to get into the narrative if they go back to that event. 50/50 shot if he's missing a limb and/or loved one because of it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    While lecturing Barclay on his holodeck obsession at the same time. :p

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    At least Barclay’s holodeck weirdness included the Goddess of Empathy.

:p

9. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I'm not sure if this was noted somewhere back when we were all watching the show and noticing the easter eggs, but an ad for Kassidy Yates's freight company was part of the Greater Boston skyline in the first episode of Picard.
    [​IMG]
    So it seems that irregardless of Benjamin's status Kasidy at least is doing pretty well for herself (good for her and Quark, breaking out into franchising!)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It'd be awesome if progressively all of the DS9ers are revealed via holographic Easter eggs to have all made steady franchise side gigs.

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Odo's Churros: Tasty in Any Shape!
    Rom's ROM, RAM & Isolinear Chips: Deals You Won't Toss Out an Airlock!
    Sisko's Sisgoatees: A Style You Can Live With.
    Jake's Makes Stories: A Writers Workshop.
    Nerys's Pieces: Edible Jewelry.
    Worf's Sorf and Torf: Klingon Cuisine & Prune Juice Bar.
    Ezri's Daxlax: Clears Out Your System For Several Lifetimes!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  12. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Clearly Dax should be running a private counseling service that doubles as a exercise studio while also freelancing as a diplomat specializing in Klingon politics.

Morn's still sitting at the bar:p

PCCViking, BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Morn's Mornings: Irish Coffee That You Can't Shut Up About.

Sarge, PCCViking, Iron_lord and 3 others like this.
  14. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    The best part of waking up?:D

PCCViking, Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The commercial is definitely Morn sniffing the aroma and giving a silent "Ah...".

16. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I've always liked to imagine that Morn is actually the voice narrating the old primetime teasers[face_laugh]

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I really hope that the Season Finale of TNG was basically a ... test ... of what would really transpire in Picard's life in the future. The reality however is a bit different.

That said, how can Picard say that time doesn't offer second chances, when he (and the Trek universe) have done that like a thousand times over lol. I'd love to think that Picard goes back in time and 'fixes' this cynical and bleak time line.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Now that I've watched Picard for myself - I do get mild ST vibes from it. But there are places where it's significantly less bleak. Riker and Troi are still together, and their surviving offspring is a good kid. Picard retains his idealism - no "Starfleet needs to end". And so forth.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm happy they're finally able to get Picard and Q back together after all this time. I think the last time they considered it was for story pitches for what would become Generations? Or was that Insurrection? And, in general, oytside of his LD vocal cameo, we haven't seen him since mid-VOY.

Of course, they run the risk of affecting AGT's legacy as one of the few, great series finales in TV history (and one of the only two good ones Trek has ever had). But, then, they weren't worried about that 20 years ago, so it seems inevitable that they would run that risk, especially with PIC's focus.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    while I agree that mucking about with All Good Things... is a pretty dicey proposition, one could view it the fact that TNG continued in movies afterwards, characters popping up across continuity and now in Picard that the perfect final scene ending of All Good Things has basically been undone anyway. But frankly, every TNG movie ever announced I was always thinking "they gonna bring Q back?" Like literally his final scene in All Good Thing is awesome on it's own but he's even basically teasing a return anyway

Although sometimes there's teasers for future installments and just sort of good character/tonal notes to go out on, it's sort of more of the latter.

Best factoid about All Good Thing is Braga and Moore wrote it concurrently with Generations and they basically banged out All Good Things while focusing on Generations and got the two scripts confused.

Watched Generations again this weekend while working my way through my TOS/TNG movie box set. Going almost entirely out of order but some vague semblance of bouncing between the TNG/TOS movies, TWOK, TUC, FC (the 3 best ones first), then TFF & Ins (the worst ones, which I don't hate, mostly just mildly indifferent at points), SSF & TVH (basically a duololgy. TWOK is fine on it's own), Generations (then I watched Relics after that just to continue the TNG/TOS vibe, poor Scotty but he gets a happy ending. Also he thinks Kirk sent the Enterprise to pick him up but he was there on the Enterprise-B, let's just say that the small loss of signal sitting in the transpoter buffer for decades wiped that bit from his memory). Only doing TMP and Nemesis to go. Then probably the Kelvin-verse movies just for the hell of it again but at least in order this time.

As for Generations, once you know that Riker's uniform doesn't fit it's really difficult to unsee. Also Geordi walks into Engineering and his sleeves on his DS9 uniform are way too long. Aside from that, the movie has some good moments although I do spend a chunk of the movie just waiting for Kirk to show up (Enterprise crash scene is boss) but killing off Kirk was just a really lame. I just love seeing him, even when he's dopey on being in the Nexus, but just random things he does are so great. "Dill!" "Call me Jim!"

Also having rewatched Redemption and Generations, I still can't tell Lursa and B'etor apart. Sometimes in scenes they mention which one is which but I always forget by the next scene.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    de Lancie has apparently confirmed that they are filming the unannounced-but-suspected-third season back-to-back with Season 2, with Q appearing in 6 episodes across both seasons.

"Q is coming back. As a matter of fact, for the last two weeks I have been filming on Picard and really annoying Picard – really annoying him. [laughs] Patrick was delighted to see me for the first couple of days and after a couple of more days of really annoying scenes, he said, “SO, how many episodes are you doing?” In other words, ‘When are you going to get out of my face?’ And the answer is six episodes. I think they are going to be coming out – actually I don’t know. But we are shooting season two and three all at the same time right now.
    It’s a very different Q this time. They wanted to go with not kidding around not as much. We will see if the audience enjoys it. I think they will.
    They wanted a different Q and they got a different Q. Not the least of which is I am thirty years older. The first thing I said to them when they asked me to do the show, I asked them, “You are not going to have me in those tights again, are you?” You just don’t want a 70-year-old guy running around in tights. And they said, “Oh, no, no. It’s very different.” I went, “Okay, as long as I’m not in tights.”

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Happy May Day

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Six episodes of Q?
    I'm sold!