main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can we bring a policy back?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Diggy , Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    But there was nothing inappropriate in what was said.

The past is the past and you're working past that which is great for you and the community at large, but this is a public forum and people can and will respond to you as they feel is appropriate and in the JCC that includes getting a few laughs.

his post broke no rules and whilst I totally understand you being frustrated, the post was not inappropriate nor was it a continuation of anything in the past from what I can glean.

You doing this has however totally heightened your own personal concerns I would suspect, and rather than powering to Comms or posting about it in the JCC which draws attention to yourself which I'm assuming you want less of considering your posts, I would suggest this should have gone straight to a Mod for a second opinion.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Diggy likes this.
  2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Alright, @FatBurt if you think it's more appropriate to go straight to a mod, then I'm happy to do so, going forward.

I've not been a mod here in the JCC but I have been mod/admin on other bulletin boards, so I get that sometimes it's a bit frustrating when people aren't getting along, or repeatedly getting on each other's nerves.

I do get that, and that is part of why I've been reluctant in the past to talk to mods about this a bit more.

Thank you for understanding, you seem like a great guy [:D]

FatBurt likes this.
  3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I didn't know there was a comms thread! I'm always the last to know when there's a comms thread. Now I'm all caught up!

@Princess_Tina, have you ever asked yourself why this thread has remained open even though the mods have assured us that this thread should not be about a single poster even though it clearly is not not about a single poster (it's you!)

I agree with the mods. No rules that single out a single poster. Those are the rules about rules, and JtS has stated them clearly. My guess is that the only reason this thread hasn't been locked is that there was maybe some hope that you'd learn something from the fact that it's still open and still not not about you even though it's not about you. But you've stated that learning is not an option for you. This thread isn't about you, so really, there's no requirement for you to learn anything from it. It would help though if you could. Really.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Look, I would really like to bottom this sexual harassment thing. You really shouldn’t repeatedly say these things without context. It’s not fair on me, and furthermore there could be kids on these boards.

No one really knows who is who here unless they’ve met them in real life. All we have to go on is what we tell one another. For all I know, Tina could be a man.

Chewgumma and Diggy like this.
  5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Please be careful with your words, I referred specifically to a sexually-explicit personal attack, and there is a difference.
    There is no question that it was a personal attack. The mod who deleted what you wrote reminded you that personal attacks aren't allowed.
    Is there a question that it was sexually explicit? Why don't you remind us what part of my personal life you were alluding to?

6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I know nothing about your personal life - apart from the things you put out there whenever someone challenges you.

7. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    As someone who does have a tendency to make link only posts in the senate threads, I'll try to tone it down in the future.

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Around the beginning of June, a tweet was posted about some new English legislation regarding Coronavirus, prohibiting indoor “gatherings”.

The nature of the article was that it technically makes sex with someone who you don’t live with illegal.

The tweet was posted by Tina.

A few people posted a few comments related to the subject. All in reference to sex, all mild stuff.

I made a post that said “you could argue that sex with Tina is a charitable service”.

If (for arguments sake) Adam of Nuchtern had posted the link, my post would have read “you could argue that sex with Adam is a charitable service”.

If one had any knowledge of the legislation - and I had, they would know that one of the reasons that someone you don’t live with can lawfully enter your house in England during lockdown is to perform “charitable services”.

I’m sure if Tina had read the contents of the tweet she brought to the boards, we wouldn’t be having to talk about this here, now, and in this way.

It’s not a sexual explicit post made about her, it’s a pun. Whether it’s a good or bad pun is up to you, but please, if you are going to post articles/tweets/youtube clips, please do the decent, and read them first.

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I'd politely argue, if I may, that the correct answer is "then your mother must be a philanthropist"

Sorry sorry sorry please don't ban me

SuperWatto likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If you got banned for awful jokes, I would not have been around for so long.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Will you stop making false accusations about me PLEASE?

You have absolutely no basis whatsoever to say that I had not read the very article that you are alluding to, it's perfectly obvious I would have read it just to make sure there was nothing too explicit, lest any part of the content could possibly be found objectionable by a mod.

Not only are you saying something untrue about me, you are also deliberately downplaying the fact that what you posted was something that sounded like a personal attack, and indeed a mod looked at it and reminded you that personal attacks like that are not allowed.

If you'll remember, many weeks before that particular instance I had asked you to leave me alone and stop tagging me constantly, your sense of humor is something I really don't relate to and a lot of the time it sounds very hostile and demeaning, I'm not saying that was your intention for it to come across like that prior to what you posted in June, but nevertheless I had asked you very politely to leave me alone.

Now, I'm not going to go into all of the reasons why women in general might be offended if you suggest that having intercourse with them would be an act of charity, how insensitive that is in general, or how incredibly hurtful it may be to victims of sexual abuse, victims of violent crime, or other women who have faced different kinds of sexual abuse. Nevertheless the fact remains it was a sexually-explicit insinuation that specifically referred to the sexual life of a woman in the forums.

I'm gonna ask the mods here in this thread, if it would generally be considered appropriate to make such a remark to any and all of the women who post here.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I offered to settle this clash of personalities via PM, you initially agreed, but didn’t follow it up. You seem determined to have it out in the open.

You can level whatever nonsense you like about me - most people here have the true measure. I’ve said my bit, I stand by it.

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Once again, you aren't really telling the true story, and I've already said multiple times in this thread what actually happened, I was completely open to try to start over and forget about the hurtful things you've done over many months. All I had asked is that you give me a few days and let me put all of that ugly stuff behind, and you had agreed to that, the PMs are there if anyone wants to look at them, or I'll just post them here if you don't have any objections.

But, once again, we have to come back to the main question: a woman tells you that you're making her extremely uncomfortable, and asks you to please give her some space.... why is that so hard to understand? Why do you have to insist, repeatedly, on being all over her and not giving her the space she has already asked for? Do you think that behavior is OK in a RL setting? Do you treat women that way IRL?

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Ok Tina, I’ve said my bit. Please stop trying to make this into something it isn’t - or don’t.

You do what you feel you need to, say what you feel is true. I’m backing away now.

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Just leave me alone. It is all I have been asking for months.

I don't think it's too much to ask.

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    You always have to have the last word.

No I don’t.

Rylo Ken and 3sm1r like this.
  17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Itt Tina asks US to give TINA some space.

Tina needs even more space. One in two posts is not enough. So everybody please stop posting.

KnightWriter likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So if I understand correctly, punk was on ignore, and the ONE post he referenced another user is the one post the user chose to read. What are the odds?!?!

and you were @Ted @Rylo Ken you have no excuse.

Chewgumma, Coruscant and Rylo Ken like this.
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Never tell me the odds.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m supposedly blocked as well. These odds are astronomical.

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    No, Diggy, the odds are not astronomical. I took you off ignore earlier today. But yeah, prior to that I had you on ignore.

22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    How can someone who often visits the senate thread block Diggy and Watto without blocking me is really inexplicable.

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Oh come on, you're always nice to everyone [:D]

Emperor Ferus and 3sm1r like this.
  24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

Thread Status: