main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can we bring a policy back?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Diggy , Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I really respect the fact that you enjoy fighting with everyone so much you're doing it simultaneously in three different threads, @Princess_Tina, but I don't think it's fair to pretend that you're not having a great time. Just enjoy it openly, for however long it lasts. You've taken on the old guard, those old geezers like @Diggy and @SuperWatto and @Darth Punk and are now even at odds with some of the moderators. This is your moment. Embrace it!

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I see Ken wants in on the action.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    @Rylo Ken no, I'm definitely not having a "great time", and I'm sorry that you would think so. Nothing would make me happier than the 3 people you just mentioned acting as though I just don't exist.

However if they come in here and continually try to throw potshots at me, then it just shows what is really happening.

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Community: where you pretend people don't exist

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Again, easy. You brought me here.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I guess the Tina-Punk Summit didn't go too well?

SuperWatto likes this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    If you want to know, I told him on Monday I was totally willing to start over, but could he please just give me a few days, and then we could just, well, maybe start over.

And I really believed he would do as he said he would.

Edit: I just reread that and realized it sounded just like what people say sometimes after a romantic breakup. Just to clarify for anyone here who could possibly get the wrong idea, no, that is not the case, this whole thing most definitely and decidedly did not involve any romance or breakup or anything like that.

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Again with the drama. How have in not?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

3sm1r likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    please let it be known that Punk and I have never been involved in a romantic relationship We just like sucking each other’s “earlobes”.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Hey whatever you like is nobody else's business. :p

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    ITT Tina finds her sense of humour

Chewgumma, Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Tina-Punk sounds like a compelling music genre.

Chewgumma, Diggy , SuperWatto and 2 others like this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Welcome to the difficult second album

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Touring isn’t everything.

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Corona has been a blessing, and a curse

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    No, I don't think anyone wants to hear it. I know I don't :p

18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Tina, I think your mask has slipped

Diggy likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What the **** is going on in this thread.

And that other thread.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's... complicated

21. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Has there been any call for a moderator to be sacked? No? Not a proper Comms thread then.

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Did that ever actually happen here? Well if it did I guess I must have missed it.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I know this post was a while ago, but since I'm the thread author of that I'd like to chime in here: that thread is specifically for those types of posts. Links, photos, memes, jokes, etc. with no added explanation. It's called ****posting. It's in the name of the thread. I initially made that thread because lately there's been an explosion of meme based content and I wanted to be able to post them without clogging up the Senate politics threads. Occasionally, when warranted, a good meme or joke works in the Senate politics thread when fitting in with the conversation at hand. But oftentimes it doesn't, which Is why I made that thread.

So, it's not that the last page has 9 posts that consist of a single photo, cartoon, or twitter link without any added commentary whatsoever. It's that EVERY PAGE has posts that consist of a single photo, cartoon, or twitter link without added commentary. That's what ****posting is. That's why the "rule" of the thread is "No srsposting in the ****posting thread."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    At the risk of sounding like I'm just hedging way too much, while it's annoying that some folks basically just post "worthless short comment (or even just the subject of the article)+article" like I can't just check the ****ing news or whatever on my own time (and for the record: yes, I really am thinking of multiple people), I don't really see an effective way to moderate for it that doesn't rule out other posters' doing so in a more casual context from time to time. Or at least an effective way that wouldn't seem more overtly subject to bias than usual - even a lot of the folks I personally think of as "spammy" still make some substantive posts outside of that spam, so it'd be a little weird to just start slapping spam bans on them.

Edit: I'm also super wary of bringing back policies that were used to try and "differentiate" the Senate back in the day. I know some people are nostalgic for it, but I'm not one of them.

25. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Can we all just step back for a second and recognize that telling someone who is saying that attention is unwanted “you love it” is maybe a little bit ****ed up?

Not everything has to be about scoring points. Like at one point in all this punky said “right, oim dunn innit, say whatehvuh you want, guv “ and then Tina did, and then it turned out that actually punk wasn’t done and continued. To the surprise of absolutely no one.

This has obviously been handled incorrectly, but how hard is it to put people on ignore? Or can’t we all just admit that certain users enjoy picking on certain other users, even if they think they’re just having a bit of fun? Like maybe if someone is asking you to stop harassing them, at least consider that your attentions could be better spent elsewhere. Like just move on and leave them alone. I understand that the jcc is just a pile of **** with the flies being irresistibly attracted to ****, but there’s plenty of ****. Go buzz around a different one and just ignore her.

no offense to Tina, but if your main argument here, dw, is that she posts shallow, unsubstantial trite, maybe just put her on ignore. It’s not like people are engaging with the content of her shallow posting so much that the threads become nonsensical from muting her.

Honest to god why is that so difficult without acting like your honor has been impugned in some way and you must ferociously defend it in an endless comms thread?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.