main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I want to see them all, definitely. The Return to the Jedi arc involved Ashoka coming back to the jedi order and finding the sith shrine under the temple, In the Tarkin Novel that is canon only Palpatine knows about the sith shrine and no one else knows of it.

2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Canon can be over written and retconned. fingers crossed....

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Palps bragging that he's the only one to know about an underground sith temple is no harder to overwrite than Maul getting defeated by ray shield's on Mandalore.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And let's not forget that Vader was retconned in to being Luke's dad.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    At least it would be a Retconn on the screen which is much better than the kind where it's said as "Word of god." having happened by the powers that be but the viewer never sees it.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    There's no worse retcon than one that only exists on the twitter feed of the story's writer.

7. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    After doing some research, the husband of the voice actor for Aurra Sing confirmed Aurra Sing was supposed to die in the unfinished "Bounty Hunters" arc.

Also Highslinger in the clip with Boba and Bane's duel, shows him holding Seripas and some old miner guy hostage.

We have seen concept art of a Kessel Mining Facility that was supposed to be in the second episode of this arc. Maybe this old miner guy was a slave who worked at this Kessel Mining Faculty, maybe that's why Boba formed an insurrection against Bane, to rescue this old guy.

TadoFett likes this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I hope we get to find out some day by watching those episodes. As for Aurra Sing's fate. The series hinted once already that she might have died when didn't. Then she went to jail only to escape off screen. I don't even think Becket killed her. The idea of a 'fall' implies no body. Hoping she continues to fake death well after the Sequel Trilogy.

TadoFett and SilentGuy66 like this.
  9. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Somehow....Aurra Sing has survived.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Closest one aside from what we got, was Son of Dathomir , it was important but Filoni claimed he could not fit it in - and it was already told by Dark Horse adequately.

"Then of course, really the whole exercise for me was about getting to do the Siege of Mandalore and the ending. But I think people wonder, and it is hard to pick 12 episodes. We have many episodes, a lot of which probably weren’t, I would argue, as important to those specific arcs of getting to the Siege of Mandalore.

The one other arc I’d considered doing was explaining how Darth Maul got away from Sidious. I felt that that was going to be important, but I couldn’t fit it into the arcs and I didn’t want to jam it in there. And we had done it as a comic book release, and I was really appreciative of Dark Horse for doing that. So I thought, ‘Well, the information is out there for people that want to do that deep dive.’ I just have to tell the story in a way that explains who he is and that he’s loose. And I actually added him to the Trace and Rafa arc. He was not a part of that in its original inception. In its original version neither Bo-Katan nor Maul appeared in that arc, which I think people would find a little surprising.

But again stories evolve, and they change, and you figure out what their form is. And the thing that I can definitely say is that because some time went by, because I learned a lot more and my team learned a lot more—we learned so much making Star Wars Rebels, making Star Wars Resistance and my additional knowledge gained on The MandalorianThe Clone Wars benefited from all of that and was a much better show at the end for it. And I do see the Siege of Mandalore as my final statement with the team on our work for the past 15 years."

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-clone-wars-final-season-dave-filoni-interview/

indydefense likes this.
  11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    He's hoping we still get Son of Dathomir some day. I read it again recently. The comic gives a glimpse of what could be the biggest battles and largest scope of the entire series. I'm wondering if budget was a reason we didn't get it this time. Do right or don't do it at all. And doing this arc right could be the high point for sheer scale of the entire series. There is a huge land battle with massive amounts of troops in at least three of the four episodes. Lots of different characters and assets. Lots of different worlds.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think it better to be grateful that it came out, especially when it did in 2014. It was important that it did come out even as a comicbook, cause TCW was dead by Disney. I don't see it getting remade at this point now, and I'd rather see new adventures for Maul. I'd like to see live action Maul adventures anyway.

I kinda figure that the evolved storyline, had SOD been included this last season, may of been even more connected to Dark Disciple, as there is still no explanation as to why Maul is using Ventress' DD lightsaber.

vong333 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If I had to pick just one arc to get made, it's SoD or the Bounty Hunter arc. Tough decision. Dark Disciple a close 3/4.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    And Dark Disciple is 8 episodes, making up two arcs.

TadoFett and Darkslayer like this.
  16. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Hey guys, I had an idea for a project that would spark more attention to the #Completetheclonewars movement.

I see Son of Dathomir comic videos online with voice acting to make it come to life like real episodes of the Clone Wars. I noticed how there is no project similar to this for Dark Disciple (Probably because it's not a comic, also 8 episodes is a lot of work to pull off).

I am thinking of pursuing an ambitious project that would fully turn Dark Disciple into script format, and then produce and record these episodes in LEGO form with voice acting and camera angles seen in a couple of animatics and storyboards.

The lighting and animation would have to be high quality and not look like an amateur video on a budget. I want these episodes to feel like actual episodes from the show, but in LEGO.

I have experience in LEGO stop motion filmmaking, though I'm still learning and improving. I know something like SFM animation would be better, but I'm not experienced in fields such as that.

To make this project even more authentic, I'm thinking of trying to get Daniel Logan (The voice and actor of young Boba Fett) to reprise his role and voicing the 20 or so lines he has in the novel. Some grunts should also be recorded for the combat scenes.

So what do you guys think? Is this too ambitious? I want to try to get each episode to around the 22 minute mark like the actual show. Of course I'd take this 1 episode at a time so we aren't rushing and overworking ourselves. I want your feedback, as a community I feel like we can collaborate and make a huge project together to bring attention to a wider audience to #Completetheclonewars and repay Dave Filoni and Lucasfilm for bringing the show back for its 7th season!

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    If you have the time, the money, the skill and motivation - go at it. Who wouldn't want to see this? I think it will take years to do this right, maybe decades if it's just you.

If you can get real Star Wars actors to voice it then it sound like you have some connections that could help turn a project like this into a reality.

Another option that could take months instead of years would be creating a Radio Drama. No Legos. No visuals at all.

GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For me all I want to see at this point is the Rex and R2 arc

19. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I recently asked Brent Friedman, the writer of the Rex and R2 Top Gun arc, about the name of the B2 Super Battle Droid that would befriend the two in this story. He kindly was able to disclose some info, though limited, I'm still grateful he replied!

20. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Wasn’t there speculation Rex was going to have his inhibitor chip removed in that arc with R2?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I recall reading that but, for the life of me, I cannot bring to mind the source.

22. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I tried asking Brent Friedman a 2nd question regarding the extent of Captain Rex's injuries.

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but could it be possible it was a head injury? That makes sense if they haven't revealed his injury yet because it might be secretive to the plot.

Brent Friedman does imply it's possible this plot could be used in the future, so maybe the inhibitor chip isn't central to the plot?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  23. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    Anyone have a clue which arc this piece of concept art is from? It's batched with a load of designs from S6 and S7 but the location doesn't look familiar. I found it here;

https://www.conceptlim.com/for-client

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  24. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Some of the designs look like the interior of Ringo Vinda and possibly some interior is from the "Disappeared" arc.

Some of the designs could be from the interior of buildings on Kessel? I don't know? Can anyone try to match the designs to Season 6 and 7 episodes?

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    @Othon I don't have Disney+ anymore to check, but the one you posted looks like it could be the Zardossa Stix monorail.

cwustudent likes this.