main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Squadrons [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by black_saber, Jun 12, 2020.

1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    There is a new game from EA coming out and the trailer should be released on Monday.

They have not announced if it’s on consoles or just PC yet and I am really excited. I don’t know how to send a link through my phone so I think one of mods can do that.

Anyway let’s talk about the potential of this game.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I hope there's a single player narrative and it's not just a multiplayer free for all like Battlefront. Since the box art only has OT vessels on it, I think it'll be single player story driven, maybe basically combining X-Wing and TIE Fighter into a single Rogue Squadron style campaign.

solojones likes this.
  3. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I hope it exceeds the brilliance of Jump to Lightspeed.

Ive wanted to customize my fighter down to the cooling and yaw speed like Galaxies forever.

4. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I wonder if the game will focus on the classic era or post return of the Jedi era.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Reveal trailer will hit Monday at 11am EST.

Supposedly will be for PC and current consoles, with a focus on multiplayer. It, again, supposedly, was produced in favor over other proposed Star Wars projects because EA wanted to get another SW game out quickly (the game is expected out this fall). Which would imply that, if there is a single player campaign, it won't be extensive.

This is the "Project: Maverick" that was leaked a few months ago.

I'll be taking you all down in my A-wing and avenge the A-wing's reputation after Rebels turned them into cannon fodder. SMALL, FAST-MOVING TARGETS ARE HARD TO HIT, DAMMIT!

Alternatively, if this is more like Rogue Squadron, then I'll be taking down all the tibanna gas canisters I see as I accidentally boost into them at full speed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    BigAl6ft6, Jedi Ben, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    A-wings suck.

cubman987 , Chewgumma and FatBurt like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm quite excited for this, I wonder if it will be VR supported? It feels like VR still hasn't had its killer app to get mainstream gamers on board. Resident Evil 7 came close, but was maybe too avant garde to attract widespread appeal. I can't think of a more enticing prospect than living out some X-Wing fantasies in an immersive VR experience.

My main hope is that there's a satisfying single player campaign to play through. The new Battlefronts are fun, and gorgeously crafted, but the frenetic pace and cyclical game loops make it hard to relax and feel like a SW hero. After a few hours the experience felt too similar to any conventional shooter.

EA will have to be very careful with how they roll out their microtransaction scheme for this one. It *should* be an easy win for them, because the ability to cosmetically customize your favorite starfighter must be enticing enough for gamers to spend a pretty penny, without having to fork out cash to get access to the TIE Defender. But we've seen that EA likes to learn their lessons the hard way so who knows. In any case, I'm just happy to be getting more SW games!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I wouldn't expect anything too ground-breaking. Rumor has it this was a low-budget, tight-schedule project. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Glitterstimm, BigAl6ft6 and Chewgumma like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    JTS, you're dead to me.
    [face_not_talking]

Alpha-Red likes this.
  11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The fact that it's not a cross-gen title, but firmly a current gen one, suggests to me that it's a bunch of reused art assets from other projects bolted together into a slapdash flight "sim."

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Pfffffffffffff we can all make highly-stylized animations to support our arguments:

[​IMG]

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't see any B-wings. :(

FatBurt and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    C'mon B-Wing had its own expansion missions for the X-Wing game, can't say that about a U-Wing! (Aren't U-Wings troop transportation why would they be fighter like on the art)

Lordban likes this.
  16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Because the art asset already exists from Battlefront and because shut up and consume the product. That's why.

17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Kiryu has spoken.

darthhelinith and Chewgumma like this.
  18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't see any chicken wings :(

Lordban and Sarge like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They've been replaced by buffalo wings.

Lordban likes this.
  21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    There are also rumors that’s this game will be like battlefront in space and it will also have a single player campaign too.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  22. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Does anybody have a forgotten copy of a good mission editor for XvT somewhere? I miss the custom multiplayer campaigns we spent time building on that back in the day... :(

(Yep, I'm already expecting this game not to have what I used to love 20-odd years ago no matter what :p )

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    IGN leaked the press release. Game is out on October 2nd, it's for current gen consoles and PC (Where it will be sold on Origin, Steam and the Epic store) and the PC version will have VR support from day one. (I'm not sure if that wording implies that PSVR will be patched in at a later date, but I hope so.) It'll also feature cross-play functionality.

The trailer today is a teaser, because there will be proper gameplay shown at EA play on the 18th.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
  25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well that was a waste of time.