main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maul is awesome

Darth Maul is awesome Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2014
    Could I change my username to Anakin Vader? I just feel ready for a change

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That name is taken, I'm afraid. If you click on Members up top, there's a search facility on the Members page. You can use that to check if a name is taken.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  3. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hello!
    I would like to change my user name to JadeSphera
    Is it possible?
    The reason is that I want to have the same pen name I use for my work in other writer sites, so everything is the same.
    Thank you! :D

4. Liam_x7

Liam_x7 Jedi Padawan

Jun 13, 2020
    Hello, Im a new user here, I would very much like to change my name to Darth Ezu
    If possible? Its my sith name I use, I would really like to rock my sith name along side my avatar picture.
    Thank you.

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Liam_x7
    Are you sure you really want to be yet another Darth something ? It's virtually half the people in the forums :p

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    As a brand new user, you're better off just making a new account. No name changes have been processed since 2017. The name change process seems to have been abandoned, and I don't know why.

Sadie Erso and Dandelo like this.
  7. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    they put a compressor on the xenforo servers ;)

in all seriousness, it's probably because too many people are asking for a name change when they've literally just been here a day :p
    and has been mentioned previously it seems a bit of a stress for the servers to handle for whatever reason.
    Though this is conjecture on my part.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Sadie Erso and PCCViking like this.
  8. Ice Cream Cakes

Ice Cream Cakes Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    Hello!

When I signed up I added a "s" to my username by mistake. Are you able to change this to "Ice Cream Cake"?

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    See my post three posts above. There hasn't been a name change since 2017. Just create a new account with the desired name and forget about this one.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am actually curious about this. Why does it seem like name changes used to be easier. Back in 2014 when I got my name changed it took about a day total from me asking to getting it changed.

Has something changed on the software side or whatever to make it harder or was it always really a hassle to change your name?

11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    lol

I seem to remember LAJ-FETT saying it's not as simple as it appears and they do it in bulk rather than one at a time.
    I dunno I'm sure it's here in one of the 38 pages

Ice Cream Cakes likes this.
  12. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Hello, can I please change my name to Raxisa Prima?

Reason: My name makes me cringe because it contains a typo (syferdias instead of Sifo-Dyas), and it was also created before we found out that he was real and not, in fact, a lie. Raxisa is a name that I have used on many other Star Wars-related accounts. Thanks!

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Hi, could I please get a name change too Mister Foxhound? I've long since fallen out of love with the anime my current username came from and this would make me more recognisable in both Twitch and Playstation Live, including Star Wars Squadrons. If Mister Foxhound is not available, I'd happily settle for Mr Foxhound, Mr_Foxhound or Mr_Foxhound_NL.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The "simple" solution is to re-register under the new name but that's not really a good one because it starts you back at ground level as far as replies and likes received and trophies. And if it's tied to a particular e-mail address, you have to link the new name to a secondary address.

Tarsier likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You can solve that second part by changing the email address before making the new account

Tarsier and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    If you have Gmail, there's also the dot trick: Gmail ignores any dots in the username portion of Gmail addresses, so if your email is johndoe@gmail.com, emails sent to john.doe@gmail.com, jo.hndo.e@gmail.com, and any other combinations of dots will also be delivered to you at johndoe@gmail.com.

PCCViking, Tarsier and Ava G. like this.
  17. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Can i change my username to YodaWindu?

I'd like to take the ChefCurry part of my current username out, as it was something I made years ago, and don't like it anymore. Yoda and Windu are two of my favorite characters.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Name is already taken, I'm afraid. We already have yodawindu as a user.

19. Christopher De Leon

Christopher De Leon Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2021
    Hi I like to change my name to disco_starkiller
    Reason
    : I don't feel comfortable having my full name displayed in my profile I would like to keep it anonymous. I appreciate it thank you for your understanding.

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There haven't been any name changes in several years for technical reasons. As a brand new user, you're better off abandoning this account and creating a new one.

Also, if a name change were to be done, user profiles retain a permanent public record of all previous names of your account, so a username change would not fully wipe away your real name and would permanently and publicly connect your new username to your real name. Starting over with a new account would actually be more anonymous as there wouldn't be such a public connection.

Tarsier and Dandelo like this.
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Hi Christopher, I would have thought your username is a fictional one until you clarified it's your real name :p
    I suggest you choose a different username other than disco starkiller, now everyone knows your name :p

22. Discount Geem

Discount Geem Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2021
    Hi, I messed up during sign up and accidentally set my username to Discount Geem when I actually intend it to be Discount Geek. I don’t want to sign up with a new email to correct this mistake, it’s too inconvenient for me.

Hope this can be done ASAP.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There hasn't been a name change in several years due to technical reasons. You are going to need to simply create a new account.

If you used a Gmail address, you can use the dot trick to use the same email on multiple accounts. The dot trick is the fact that Gmail ignores dots in usernames, so johndoe@gmail.com, john.doe@gmail.com, and j.o.h.n.d.o.e@gmail.com are treated as the same email address by Gmail even though third-party services like these boards treat them as different.

Otherwise, you can first change the email on the Geem account to a old or backup email address, which should then free up your main address to be used with a new account.

Tarsier likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Question for a mod seeing as we can’t do name changes shouldn’t this thread just be locked until a time when we can?

Tarsier, Dandelo, Sadie Erso and 5 others like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm seriously considering opening a new account, but only if my current conversations don't have to be restarted ... if I just had a new username assigned, the current conversations would be active and accessible under the new name. The conversations are for collaborations and role playing.

Tarsier and Dandelo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.