main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's the second Death Star, and it crashed on a neighboring moon in the Endor system. Apparently it wasn't completely disintegrated.
    Don't call the director Jar Jar.
    She found where it would be with help of the Sith dagger. And yes, she climbed.
    Since Palps, and all the Sith spirits his body hosts, stole the power of the dyad. It might also be that a Sith's powers are increased on Exegol, as that planet seems to be some kind of Force-enhancing place, similar to the Deep Core world Yoda visits in TCW, Mortis, Dagobah, Ahch-To and Lothal.
    He's not there "in the flesh", he's either a) a figment of Kylo's imagination, or b) a vision conjured by Leia in her dying moments.
    Since Qui-Gon did it in The Clone Wars. See also, Yoda in TLJ. And it could be argued that we saw something like that already in ROTJ, as Obi-Wan brushes some vines to the side on Dagobah.
    Yeah, I got nothing there.
    "People are rising up all over the galaxy"
    -Finn
    It's a new-ish power. It's been hinted at in the movies (Obi-Wan and Palpatine both putting their hands on unconcious people's foreheads), and it's been used in the EU before. The dyad seems to enhance this power, but it's not exclusive to them, as The Child heals wounds in The Mandalorian.
    It doesn't, as such. She takes the name to honor her masters, Luke and Leia.

Vialco, Trev Elyt, MarcJordan and 2 others like this.
  2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Really?

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, it was confirmed in the novelization.

RetropME, AndyLGR and Lulu Mars like this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I took it from the film that somehow he survived at the end of Jedi. But then again I suppose with the fact that we see Snoke's failed clones that it could be a sign that the Emperor was also cloned.

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He DID somehow survive. By transferring his essence to a clone as he fell.

6. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Sorry, but this must be the absolute worst case of retcon in the entire saga. Have you watched ROTJ recently? The DS WAS completely disintegrated. There was no chunk about half the size of the station blown into space - to land intact (!!!) on another Endor moon no less - visible in that explosion. It EXPLODED. This is just another case of lazy fanservice. And that huge chunk of the DS spent 30 or 40 years in an ocean and didn't get flooded or drowned or turned around? I'm not buying it, sorry!:rolleyes: Lazy filmmaking, without any respect for the OT and continuity. You can explain it all you want, but I am simply not buying it.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    OK.

HevyDevy likes this.
  8. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Sorry if this has been explored earlier in the thread:

Who are the Sith Eternal? Are they endowed with the Dark Side or mere evil lab scientists? If they can facilitate the transfer of Palps' essence to a cloned body, why can they do nothing more than sit there while they get crushed by falling rock?

Also, did knowledge of the Sith explode between the OT and the ST? The Sith are presumed extinct for a long time at the start of the PT, and I'm pretty sure Palps' identity as a Sith is well hidden during the Empire. Once the cover got blown off, so to speak, with the fall of the Empire following DSII, was there a popular resurgence in Sith scholarship? I know there are fanatics like the Acolytes of the Beyond, but they seemed to work in the shadows. Thus, Lost guy's reference to Sith sorcery or whatnot struck me as odd without more context for him knowing about it.

9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I assume that after the fall of the Empire, the secret that Palpatine was a Sith Lord got out, which over time led to more widespread, basic knowledge on the Sith Order.
    This is implied by the casual way in which people refer to the Sith. They don't seem to have indepth knowledge exactly, but they do seem very aware that the Sith are dark side Force users and extremely bad business.

10. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    Well, I guess when Palps returned from disintegration he brought his ship with him!
    Am I the only one who laughed when Rey announced that there was another wayfinder?
    Very convenient, Rey.

Elijah Wood was spot on when he said they left far too much info offscreen.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    RetropME, Vialco and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  11. sian1965

Apr 26, 2020
    Yes. Yes. And yes.
    Not much for original ideas, I think they concentrated on retconning TLJ too much to actually come up with a decent story.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh?
    Huh?

And please don't double post.

13. sian1965

Apr 26, 2020
    Sorry.
    I meant Death Star, not ship.

14. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, but what are we to make of Operation Cinder now that we've seen Palpatine's endgame? I confess I don't know a whole lot about it, just what I've seen in Battlefront 2 and the first Aftermath novel. Was it just an effort for him to buy time until he could reassemble himself and the Sith fleet, or was he playing at inter-Imperial politics as well? I'm curious to figure out its significance now that the new Star Wars: Squadrons game will be exploring the time period right after ROTJ.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it spelled out in last aftermath book, with the king dead the other chesspieces don't deserve to rule and must be punished. It's revenge againts all those who he saw was not worthy and had failed him at his finest hour. SO he made examples of worlds like Vardor and Naboo. Also with all the destruction and death it was probaly a dark time for force sensetives all over making that mutch harder to restart the jedi order.

RetropME and Glitterstimm like this.
  16. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    'Cinder', or some versión of it, could still be a thing. There's a sith shrine in Coruscant (originally a part of IX and a part of DoTF), Abrams was already working in IX when the official info about Snoke's one other apprentice came out. Maybe this maul-like Sollony Ren had to do with it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  17. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I feel like we need all the stories about Palpatine's ST return. How long was he alive? What did he do in the intervening years? is there a chance he could come back again?

18. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Did Count Dooku once one Vaders Sith wayfinder and it gets passed down? If so when did Palpatine recover it and give it to Vader?

Or do the Sith create their own??

19. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    3PO can fly speeders and ships as we see in ROTS and ANH and he said the location of the dagger was in his head and he knew exactly where it was and specifies he simply cannot translate it.
    Why couldn’t he fly them there without telling them where they were going?

Lulu Mars likes this.
  20. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Ooh, another ROTS-ANH mirror I've missed!

Hm, maybe his programming forbade any kind of action that would allow people to understand what the Sith runes said?

Sarge and StartCenterEnd like this.
  21. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Yeah I was thinking maybe he wasn’t only able to not speak but not even translate it by writing it down or entering the coordinates into a nav computer.

As for the connection, I can go on and on listing connections between all the films! Too bad there’s no thread for connections between all the movies, only certain ones.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  22. sian1965

Apr 26, 2020
    Probably because only one character in TROS was meant to be awesome.

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Thread merge.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Rise of Skywalker Viewing #11 - continuity glitch that's been bugging me since 1st viewing: they use the First Order Captain's medallion on Ochi of Bastions ship to get on the Steadfast by putting in a pre-made Medallion slot but Ochi of Bastions ship is clearly Imperial or Old Republic era so do ships across all eras have a pre-made Medallion slot that have always been there? Has this been a thing that we only learned about now?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  25. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    I assume it’s just a generic data slot all ships have.

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.