main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    It's amazing what you can do with leaves, sap an whatever "Yubnub" is.

2. Andrew Hulik

Andrew Hulik Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2020
    I am a new member to this feed. I have a question of which my friend and I argue about.
    Who killed Darth Vador?
    If I could get feed back on this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!!!

3. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome Mr. Hulik. No one really killed Vader. He was beaten by Luke, shocked by Palpatine, but he was still alive. He died from those injuries, though.

4. Andrew Hulik

Andrew Hulik Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2020
    My friend Kyle and have a
    Thank you for the feed back. I totally agree.
    Two questions:
    who would win in a fight, Luke or Darth Vader?
    Who is more powerful or would be able to kill Darth Vader?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I'd suggest you check out the Vader fanclub (https://boards.theforce.net/threads...darth-vader-fanclub-all-are-welcome.50029440/) for more on that. A lot of Vader art and discussion in there.

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Okay, I gotta ask: why does this thread have a little "jabba" tag at the top??

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    No idea, but its gone now.

@anakinfansince1983 @cubman987

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  8. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    What's known about Jenny, Han's love interest in ANH? She made it to the rough cut of the film.

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    [face_dunno]
    I've got her phone number. 867-5309.
    [face_peace]

10. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Jenny is from the era when Lucas thought Han Solo "has a girl in every port" (as he put it in late 1977). When it became clear that Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher were an item, that was quietly swept aside, and the plot of ESB was written to have Han get the girl instead of Luke (as Lucas had considered while making the first film).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Sith Lord 2015 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Thanks. That's all? No backstory, no appearance in comics or novels? Jenny was the name of the actress as I understand.

12. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Which actress would that be? Never heard that.

13. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Jenny Cresswell it's her name.

The thing is...there's Rey Solana in the DoTF script, Solo+Organa, and Jenny sounds like the only thing related to the villain Sollony Ren in that script (last draft). Ben Solo, Rey Solana, Sollony Ren, Han Solo. Weird.

That was Sep 2017; Maul had just been included in 'Solo'. This Sollony was female and 'maul-like' according to MSW.

Also, just curiosity. This Jenny was never heard of again for what know.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  14. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    OK thanks. Interesting. I was not aware that such a draft for ANH even existed.

15. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    How long was inbetween when Han and Leia escaped Hoth to arriving in Cloud City?

Is it possible Palpatine gave Tarkin authority over Vader on the Death Star so that he didn’t use it against him?

16. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    Question 1: Did R2 zap/electrocute Yoda in ESB because Yoda seemed to have lost his mind (he tested Luke‘s temper in doing so) and because R2 got a bit annoyed by his antics and/or tried to protect Luke‘s property (Yoda wanted to take something away from Luke)?

Question 2: I found this data stated by some user online about Yoda:
    „13kg, 66cm tall 38°C life-form with a 25bpm heart rate and a net metabolic output of 600 Watts“
    I found confirmation for size and height, but have no clue about the rest of the data. Do you know where one could find this kind of information? I am just curious because I am a nerd, Star Wars fan and really like Yoda. ^^

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    How would Vader use the DS against Tarkin? I don't quite understand. The way I see the situation Vader's role in the Empire in ANH had not yet been clearly established. Nor do we get any hint that Vader was the Emperor's direct Sith apprentice and second in command. Frankly, I don't think Lucas had any idea who the Sith are, only some vague secret evil order. Nor is there anything in the OT to indicate that both Vader and the Emperor are Sith. In ROTJ it's implied, but Palpatine's "oh yes, a Jedi's weapon" kind of contradicts the fact that he himself owns one and can use it. Logically, Vader's position should be way above Tarkin's, commander of the DS or not. But that is something that wasn't established until the prequels.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  18. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    He never zapped Yoda. All he did was extend the pincers to grab the light and engaged in a tug of war with Yoda over it.

Iron_lord and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I meant Vader could use it against Palpatine simply by forcing the onboard officers to destroy Coruscant.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  20. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    You think Palpatine wouldn’t sense it? He’s the Sith Master here. Think of all the things Vader can do. Now imagine what Palpatine is capable of. He’d definitely be keeping an eye on Vader and the slightest inkling that Vader plans to do something like turn the Death Star against Coruscant and its bye-bye Vader. He would not allow Vader to get that far.

21. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    How high can Luke's landspeeder hover/fly? We always see it about half a meter above ground level. But surely that's not the limit. All other craft we see in the saga lift off using repulsor technology, even the huge ones like Venator class SDs in ROTS, without using drive engines. But Luke's speeder is the only vehicle we see hovering permanently, even when "parked". Not sure about that Naboo landspeeder or TF tanks, we see those only for a short time. So apparently energy supply is no problem. I read somewhere they use some kind of gas (Tibanna?). Always being at 50 cm above ground seems pretty inconvenient, especially at high speeds in a desert where you may hit a rock anytime. So can it hover much higher, 10m, 50m, 100, 1000? Is it similar to those Coruscant speeders in the prequels? Did Luke simply fly so low to remain hidden or preferred to be closer to the ground?

22. OCD_Chad

OCD_Chad Jedi Knight

May 12, 2017
    Was Leia flying the Falcon when Han and Chewbacca were working on it in The Empire Strikes Back?

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    She is sitting in the co-pilot seat in two scenes. The asteroid scene and the end escape scene. But in both scenes I do not think you see her manipulate any flight controls so its hard to say. Part of it is how you define "flying".

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  24. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Why did Greedo speak Huttese in A New Hope but spoke basic in the Clone Wars?

Why could Vader and Luke not sense the force in Leia?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because the series doesn't do subtitles and he plays a substantial role in the episode he's in.

Who says they didn't?

DarthIshyZ likes this.