main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    On the bright side, I'm confident the world will be normal in two years.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. Glorious

Glorious Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2015
    @Obi Anne Same here - I couldn't make this year though - good chance we can plan a family holiday for 2022. Assuming I can get a full weekend ticket...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Unless there's an alien invasion, the world will be back to normal in 2 years- that seems a long time from now, but think about how years ago, Cele.'s were spaced about 2 years apart. but we'll miss out on -on time movie anniversaries at the correct times. wonder if they would lump them together in 2022? would that warrant another 5 dayer?

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm glad it got pushed back two years. I think I'm going to spend more time in California now. Maybe spend a whole week prior to the con at Disney. Maybe set aside more time to do sight seeing in Los Angelos.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Same for me. As much as I appreciate it sucks for everyone else it actually works out better for me.

6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Rox, be very careful and(hope not) afraid for the L.A. idea. let's hope everything is safe and back to normal. California has lots to offer.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    What would I need to be afraid of? I’m more than capable of taking care of myself. I’m not going to let the news dictate how I act or what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Social unrest, smog, earthquakes etc. of course you can take care of yourself, so can I,but it's best to be cautious. we may not know what lurks 2 years down the road. I hope, back to normal!

Hypatia likes this.
  9. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you haven't received an email from Reed by the end of the day, you need to send an email to 'starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com'. I asked about this on Twitter and this was the official answer.

Problem is though, that I did that in January and the only email I got was the "Thank you for contacting Customer Service! We will get back to you with an answer as quickly as possible."-email and after that nothing. So I don't have much confidence in them. To this day the only emails I have received in relations to Celebration 2020 is my receipt for my ticket and then the "Thank you for contacting… yada, yada, yada"

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I sent an email, but I also doubt that I will get anything back except the automatic response.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Good luck protecting yourself from the earthquakes.

Darkslayer and Padme501st like this.
  12. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Reminds me of the tornado drills they had us to in school in the hallways

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That was always a ruse to put the whole school in time out. Notice how the "drills" always seemed to occur after everyone laughed throughout Ms. Adams' anti-drug puppet show at assembly.

groove790 and Padme501st like this.
  14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I remember the 'duck and cover' drills when I was little, I always laughed at them! my father used to work around the things that caused people to have to do these drills. I am terrified of tornadoes but can tolerate earthquakes.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Our 'duck and cover' drills were for the atomic bomb, not for earthquakes. Like hiding under a school desk would have done any good.. :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You should have climbed in a lead lined fridge.

Darkslayer and Padme501st like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]. This was back in the 60s - Indy hadn't thought of that yet.

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  18. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    What are you talking about. Indy did it in 1957 [face_laugh];). Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yup. Just because the documentary footage didn't turn up until years later doesn't mean it didn't happen then.

20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, our duck and cover drills were for atomic attack too, I still laughed. When I was growing up in S. Calif. though, in elementary school, I don't remember a single earthquake drill. we had the 'atomic drills' in W.Va.

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Someone on Facebook said they called regarding Star Wars at Nite and said DL is focused on reopening safely right now so there’s no new date yet but he said it didn’t sound like they were planning on postponing it till 2022 with Celebration and instead will host it whenever they deem it safe for them to do so

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd hope they'd refund the ticket price for those who won't be in the area at the time.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I’d take a credit since I’m sure I’ll be going to Disney at some point over the next couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They do, but you have to call.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Sweden just extended the travel ban for countries outside EU/EES until August 31, which means that I should get my airline tickets back, or rather get vouchers for another travel. Apparently a travel company only needs to fully refund a travel if it includes both travel and hotel.

Padme501st and Amon_Amarth like this.